Forgiveness vs Atonement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen. I hope you are seeing how a deposit in our spirits...a sample of grace...is meant to take us to God in order to WIN Christ in our souls. We are to work out our own (soul) salvation with fear and trembling. I think most indoctrinated people HATE the idea of fearing God, seeking God, beseeching God...just look at all the comments of people when I suggest that the first step in a race doesn't qualify a person as a finisher of the race...or even running in it.

I find it interesting many here feel one should not be doing any work, if they are truly "born again". Or at least to stay in a certain state.

Work
verb: be engaged in physical or mental activity in order to achieve a result; do work.

If one is "born again", does it mean God has downloaded the "mind of Christ" into you, so you know all of scripture and God's truth? Or should we be studying the Bible, to learn to be like Christ? If we are studying, isn't that one form of work, and also going to God at the same time?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I find it interesting many here feel one should not be doing any work, if they are truly "born again". Or at least to stay in a certain state.

Work
verb: be engaged in physical or mental activity in order to achieve a result; do work.

If one is "born again", does it mean God has downloaded the "mind of Christ" into you, so you know all of scripture and God's truth? Or should we be studying the Bible, to learn to be like Christ? If we are studying, isn't that one form of work, and also going to God at the same time?
The whole "born-again" thing is something that many take out of the bible and because they see the word "must" there they name it and claim it and then boast of having something they have no idea of. It reminds me of the whole tongues craze in the 80's. Then there was the inner healing craze in the 90's. If I describe any of the things one experiences in a spiritual rebirth...these ask what's that? So then a tree is known of its fruit. :oops:

Some here are just looking for some self-affirmation...based on a self-righteousness. They need each other to prop up their egos. So they come here...not to learn anything..but to be affirmed in their religious certainties.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To any and to all who have ears to hear and eyes to see . DONT heep epi . no matter if he can teach aspects about the truth .
If one believes not that JESUS IS THE CHRIST , they are not born again nor crucified with him no matter how hard they try and pick up
their Christless Cross . But mark these next words well . IF any be a hearer and not a doer , THEY DONE decieved themselves as well .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole "born-again" thing is something that many take out of the bible and because they see the word "must" there so name it and claim it and then boast of having something they have no idea of. It reminds me of the whole tongues craze in the 80's. Then there was the inner healing craze in the 90's. If I describe any of the things one experiences in a spiritual rebirth...these ask what's that? So then a tree is known of its fruit. :oops:

Some here are just looking for some self-affirmation...based on a self-righteousness. They need each other to prop up their egos. So they come here...not to learn anything..but to be affirmed in their religious certainties.
Jesus said we must be born again if we want to see the kingdom.

Yet you mock it as if jesus was making a joke or something.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Work

Not to speak for others, only myself.

I don't believe we are intended to do any works to become born again, or to remain born again, I believe the ONE work that was necessary for our rebirth was Jesus Christ's obedience unto death on the cross.

Your definition of work includes the wording, "in order to achieve a result", so I'd ask, what is the result we are looking for? I would answer I'm looking for God's work to be done in the earth through me. I'm looking to fulfill those works pre-ordained by God, unto which I was created in Christ Jesus. What is the intended outcome? That more people will know God more fully, and in so doing, experience a better life here, in righteousness and holiness, and receive a better resurrection in the world to come.

I study the Scriptures because I want to know God as fully as I can. Is it work? Yes, in that it's something I do. But not to gain God's favor, or to maintain my eternal life (stay saved), rather to know Him, and to cooperate with the renewing of my mind.

Did God download the mind of Christ into us? Interesting question, considering Jesus lives in me, and is working conforming me to be like Him, with His mind. The renewing of the mind, rebuilding my mind away from the flesh mind, towards the mind of Christ.

Regarding "going to God", that's always struck me as a strange thing considering how I live my life. It was when I realized the seriousness of this passage,

Romans 6:10-12 KJV
10) For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Being reconciled to God means that we are never separated from Him, and therefore rightly say we are alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Which is to say whatever I think, do, or say, I do in front of my Father, Who is right now paying attention to me, knowing exactly what is happening with me, and infinitely better than I do.

Maybe the idea is in the passage, that we may boldly come before the throne of grace to find timely help, I've found it's good just to stay there. I think this idea of going before the throne of grace has a lot to do with how we think of God, and our relationship to Him, considering that Jesus promised us that Himself, the Holy Spirit, the Father Himself, would live in us.

Romans 8:15-16 KJV
15) For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

It's by His Spirit that we cry, Abba, Father, as the Spirit bears witness with our spirit, in crying out to God as our Dear Father. How can we separate the two, His Spirit, and our spirit?

I see the same thing here,

Galatians 2:20 KJV
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

My life is now His life in me.

Let's just live our lives camped out at God's throne, trusting in Jesus, that we are fully reconciled, living in His grace in which we stand.

Much love!

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To any and to all who have ears to hear and eyes to see . DONT heep epi . no matter if he can teach aspects about the truth .
If one believes not that JESUS IS THE CHRIST , they are not born again nor crucified with him no matter how hard they try and pick up
their Christless Cross . But mark these next words well . IF any be a hearer and not a doer , THEY DONE decieved themselves as well .
Don't listen to this charlatan....please. It's just self-righteous bloviating that wants to cancel out anything that isn't based on a superficial religious indoctrination. Beware.

Reactions: faithfulness

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
yet you are the one who promotes self and how good you must be..
The opposite is true, of course. I counsel people to seek the Lord. I promote the true Christ...and how that we taste of His goodness in order to seek after Him to be filled with the fullness of God. You see that as "works". Why? You only have a religious belief that is fully outside any knowledge of God. So it's easier for you to sear your conscience by describing faith in God as works. Every thing you say has to be filtered through the sin nature...so then whatever you state, the opposite is true.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The opposite is true, of course. I counsel people to seek the Lord. I promote the true Christ...and how that we taste of His goodness in order to seek after Him to be filled with the fullness of God. You see that as "works". Why? You only have a religious belief that is fully outside any knowledge of God. So it's easier for you to sear your conscience by describing faith in God as works. Every thing you say has to be filtered through the sin nature...so then whatever you state, the opposite is true.
the imaginary sin nature nowhere found in the bible- just another made up ism of yours like the higher walk and saved by works.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Work

He gave us the Holy Spirit....so that we can learn scripture through him...we can’t learn anything unless we are Born Again, imo/ belief.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Don't listen to this charlatan....please. It's just self-righteous bloviating that wants to cancel out anything that isn't based on a superficial religious indoctrination. Beware.
Now I’ve got to know Amigo, he is spot on with much...he is also a very mature man in Christ...it’s a pleasure conversing with him.

Since I’ve left my pride and ego at the door before entering...try it sometime....just sayin, LOL

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He gave us the Holy Spirit....so that we can learn scripture through him...we can’t learn anything unless we are Born Again, imo/ belief.
That aint just opinion . ITS more than even a fact , ITS THE TRUTH . None can see nor hear
LEST GOD OPENS THE EYES and the EARS to HEAR and to SEE .
We were all BLIND till the glorious grace of GOD did appear and drew us to HE ALONE who saveth , CHRIST JESUS .
Many , however , in this day and age , EVEN when presented with TRUTH
DENY IT and say WE SEE , WE SEE . and therefore their sin remains . JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY NAME WHEREBY
one MUST , CAN BE , IS , or EVER WILL HAVE BEEN SAVED . THUS the message remains the same .
POINT TO CHRIST JESUS till the last breath , the last omission of carbon dioxide flows out those lungs .
And be sure to point them to the BIBLCAL verision of HIM and of all truth in scriptures .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the imaginary sin nature nowhere found in the bible- just another made up ism of yours like the higher walk and saved by works.
The man makes claims that other religoins have no need to repent and to beleive on CHRIST JESUS .
That very fact alone lets me know he preaches another gosple and it is a gospel that is no gospel
and it will not save but rather will damn all who beleive it .
SO again i will leave us with these words of truth . BELIEVE YE ON CHRIST JESUS , or its all in vain .
And let us make sure and examine its the JESUS in the bible , we do love and follow .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let no one fool you, no one can partake of Christ without entering into Christ and running in the race of faith. Those who sit on the sidelines and mock those who run to win, are there merely as an audience that makes cat calls and generic peanut gallery comments. No need to take any of these seriously. :joyful:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh right...so you don’t teach, that we must be Born Again, to have that living relationship with God through the Holy Spirit?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Work

I agree.
There are those who deem following the commands of God & Christ as a work.
The line in the sand is drawn so crooked by many that the way is no longer narrow nor the door strait !

Status
Not open for further replies.