Forgiveness vs Atonement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
OK. Let's do that. I'll start a thread...on John 3: An exegesis...that must be explained in a scholarly way....no indoctrination or vain repetitions, grandstanding, or hypnotic suggestions to get religious carnal agreements from indoctrinated people. :)
Please don’t tell us how to post...the Spirit of God leads me...apart from when my flesh takes over.

When you start this thread..I will be standing on God’s word..imo/ belief.

I wait on the Holy Spirit and ask in prayer, that if he has anything to say when you start this thread...he guides me on what to say, In Jesus Name ,Amen!

And it will be said in the Spirit.imo/ belief.

Reactions: marks

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry, Lizbeth, makes no sense, we are led by the Living Holy Spirit.

Whoever will save his life....is that of a non believer.

Whoever loses his life for my sake....which means when we have been birthed in the Spirit....that is when we find our life, as we have been spiritually birthed/ regenerated/ made Alive in Christ...

We are a new creation when we become Born Again...we’re Alive in Christ
We walk in the Spirit...imo, Epi walks in himself.....he is also Alive in Himself....he doesn’t even know what Born Again means, by his own admission.

Therefore is not in the Spirit..

There are some important areas that I disagree with Epi over. However on this issue we are talking about now, I believe he is right.

Jesus was teaching His disciples...He wouldn't have been teaching unbelievers to take up a cross they didn't yet have or to do anything for His sake. What He was saying is consistent with other things He taught as well, eg, parable of the talents.

The bible says God has called us out to bring us in. We believers have been called out of Egypt in order to afterwards be brought into the land of Promise. With a wilderness of testings and trials in between. Seems we are to follow in the same footsteps as the forerunner and captain of our salvation... Jesus was called out of Egypt and was crucified and then was raised to resurrection life.

The scripture also says it is through much tribulation that we enter the kingdom of heaven.........so, no, just coming to faith doesn't mean we have entered the promised land yet in a sense, since we still have a race to run and tribulations and testings and chastisements to undergo. I see it as a journey and battle of apprehending on earth what has been laid up in "heaven" for us. Growing and maturing so we will no longer be carnal but spiritual, eg, where Paul wrote "you who are spiritual, restore such a one".

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are some important areas that I disagree with Epi over. However on this issue we are talking about now, I believe he is right.

Jesus was teaching His disciples...He wouldn't have been teaching unbelievers to take up a cross they didn't yet have or to do anything for His sake. What He was saying is consistent with other things He taught as well, eg, parable of the talents.

The bible says God has called us out to bring us in. We believers have been called out of Egypt in order to afterwards be brought into the land of Promise. With a wilderness of testings and trials in between. Seems we are to follow in the same footsteps as the forerunner and captain of our salvation... Jesus was called out of Egypt and was crucified and then was raised to resurrection life.

The scripture also says it is through much tribulation that we enter the kingdom of heaven.........so, no, just coming to faith doesn't mean we have entered the promised land yet in a sense, since we still have a race to run and tribulations and testings and chastisements to undergo. I see it as a journey and battle of apprehending on earth what has been laid up in "heaven" for us. Growing and maturing so we will no longer be carnal but spiritual, eg, where Paul wrote "you who are spiritual, restore such a one".
We don;t run a race to get to the promised land. I hope this is not what you are saying

this would be the same as putting us back under law

paul ran the race to bear as much fruit as he could. And feared that he would do something that would make him unqualified to bear that fruit, because he ruined his testimony..

we should all be afraid of this.

but sanctification and the race is because we are saved, not in order to (as epi teaches0 get saved or keep our salvation

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

That is interesting to read. I never gave thought to Jesus going through "egypt", a "wilderness", and then into the promise land. Thank you for sharing sister.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We don;t run a race to get to the promised land. I hope this is not what you are saying

paul ran the race to bear as much fruit as he could. And feared that he would do something that would make him unqualified to bear that fruit, because he ruined his testimony..

but sanctification and the race is because we are saved, not in order to (as epi teaches0 get saved or keep our salvation
You won't learn anything until you learn to ask the right questions. Stop filtering everything through a prior indoctrination. Let the bible speak for itself. Let God speak. Let the Holy Spirit speak. Stop trying to control everything with your fear. Try faith...you just might like it! :)

Reactions: faithfulness

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To my detractors... Find a verse in the bible that sounds something like this "If any man comes to you telling you that a born again person should seek the Lord for a full measure of grace at the throne of grace, let him be anathema"

That's what some here are basically saying to me. If you can't find your motivation in the bible...then get off my case! Look to your own carnal nature getting in the way of any kind of growth. :oops:
That's not it. You deny that we have received grace fully sufficient to overcome sin and flesh, to endure through trial, to walk in the pre-ordained works we've been created for.

Your assertion has been that we have to sufficiently crucify our flesh, and petition God, that He will accept this sacrifice, and give to us the additional measure of grace to live a righteous and holy life.

Hebrews 4:16 KJV
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

We don't need to wait until we've put off all that is fleshy before we can come to God for grace to help, we can come in time of need, and He doesn't qualify here in what state we can or cannot be, only that when we need something more from Him we can come and receive His help.

2 Peter 1:2-4 KJV
2) Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3) According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4) Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Clearly these things are true, and we are being trained in them, maturing in them, coming to live in His promises, which He has already given us. His promise, that is, He has committed Himself that we will partake in His nature.

We are already, in Christ, fully accepted by God, fully reconciled to Him, by Jesus Christ alone, by His obedience to death on the cross. And the Spirit of Christ Whom we receive in our rebirth, our recreation, is not some "sample portion" as though we are tasting ice cream. We receive the earnest of the Holy Spirit, Who is Himself the down payment of our salvation.

This is the restoration of our living spirit unto eternal life, and the resurrection of our bodies unto everlasting life, incorruptible and immortal. This is because we've received new life in Christ, having received Jesus Christ Himself. This is eternal life, that they might know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, Whom you have sent.

There is no new life apart from our unity with our Savior, Jesus, Who has committed Himself to us. Let us walk worthy of His love!

Much love!

Edit to add . . . I never want to misrepresent anyone, feel free to tell me if I've misunderstood something you've said. I'd be happy to have a nice discussion about it if you want.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You won't learn anything until you learn to ask the right questions. Stop filtering everything through a prior indoctrination. Let the bible speak for itself. Let God speak. Let the Holy Spirit speak. Stop trying to control everything with your fear. Try faith...you just might like it! :)
Fear?

what fear?

I never asked a question, i stated a fact.

I am not afraid of anything my friend. You are th eone who must promote fear. Because no one who follows you can KNOW if they will make it or not..

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Amen!!...

online source...to my understanding.

The race is “set before us”; we did not select the course, for it is God who established it. This race we run for Christ. We stay the course in spite of trials and persecutions (Hebrews 12:4–11). As we run, we must “fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith” (Hebrews 12:2). Because He perfectly finished His race, He is the focus of our lives. We look away from all distractions because He is already at the finish line (Lamentations 3:25; Matthew 6:33; Romans 2:7).

Who do you think keeps me running the course?

The Holy Spirit....I look to the Holy Spirit for everything....I’ve had tribulations ,the good the bad and the downright ugly...who do you think I look to and cry out to, when I believe I can’t take no more....he’s the one who strengthens me when I am weak...Then HE is STRONG!

GOD!!!

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

It is in order to receive the prize. Sister, we are saved by faith and that not of our own, it was a free gift. But after that we are to start counting the cost....paying a price to follow Jesus and thus be buying more oil for our lamps to keep them lit. This is meaty, and harder to digest and goes beyond the foundational milk of the word. Speaking wisdom among the mature. We are to leave childhood bliss behind so to speak, and go on to perfection, which is more difficult and painful, just like becoming an adult and starting to deal with more grown up problems is.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Azim

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
.paying a price to follow Jesus and thus be buying more oil for our lamps to keep them lit

It’s the buying more oil for our lamps to keep them lit...that’s what I’m not understanding ...please explain?

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen!!...

online source...to my understanding.

The race is “set before us”; we did not select the course, for it is God who established it. This race we run for Christ. We stay the course in spite of trials and persecutions (Hebrews 12:4–11). As we run, we must “fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith” (Hebrews 12:2). Because He perfectly finished His race, He is the focus of our lives. We look away from all distractions because He is already at the finish line (Lamentations 3:25; Matthew 6:33; Romans 2:7).

Who do you think keeps me running the course?

The Holy Spirit....I look to the Holy Spirit for everything....I’ve had tribulations ,the good the bad and the downright ugly...who do you think I look to and cry out to, when I believe I can’t take no more....he’s the one who strengthens me when I am weak...Then HE is STRONG!

GOD!!!
No argument from me here sister. Our part is just to follow and obey....seeking His righteousness and kingdom. We are His workmanship. Nothing I'm saying contradicts this.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No argument from me here sister. Our part is just to follow and obey....seeking His righteousness and kingdom. We are His workmanship. Nothing I'm saying contradicts this.
Amen!!...we are indeed His workmanship...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is in order to receive the prize. Sister, we are saved by faith and that not of our own, it was a free gift. But after that we are to start counting the cost....paying a price to follow Jesus and thus be buying more oil for our lamps to keep them lit. This is meaty, and harder to digest and goes beyond the foundational milk of the word. Speaking wisdom among the mature. We are to leave childhood bliss behind so to speak, and go on to perfection, which is more difficult and painful, just like becoming an adult and starting to deal with more grown up problems is.
Salvation is a gift.. the entrance to heaven is a gift.. justification is a gift..

the reward. Yes we fight for this and work for it.. But that is not for salvation
’that is where the confusion comes in

the legalist says we must earn salvation by works, by running the race

the licentious says there is no race, we just say some prayer and magically we are saved, now we can go live however we want

the grace person says like the tax collector. i cant save myself. Have mercy on me,, God saves him

he then spends the rest of his life out of gratitude working to produce fruit.. and recieve reward.. or sitting down, and doing very little works, and watching his reward burned but he will still be saved.. God will never leave nor forsake him

Reactions: Ritajanice

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus or Paul were here WITNESSING us " have at" one another, WHAT DO ANY SUPPOSE HIS RESPONSE WOULD BE?
Everyone of us are doing the SAME thing we ACCUSE others of doing!
Shame on us and the Lord will rebuke our behaviours as HE SEES THEM, for he KNOWS the true intent of every heart.

Galatians 6:7 KJV: Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.(Paul)
Matthew 12:34-35 KJV
O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.(Jesus)

Reactions: Azim

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:Zek:Keep giving sound doctrine, hopefully pushing "out" the fluff some have in their spiritual ears !

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't lie...I endure all the false accusations from pretenders such as yourself.

After so many years some here should be ready for something beyond the first baby step. But the spoiled ones begin throwing their rattles and rubber duckys at me at ANY suggestion of moving forward in the race. Is it because these know nothing of the Christian walk...or are they just stuck in the first baby step of that walk??? The verdict has not yet come in yet. I think it's a bit of both.
I was lurking but decided to give my 2 cents worth :)
Big brother left a piece of paper in his will. The first brother looks at it and concludes its a deed. See huge mansion many rooms, a fairly well kept courtyard, dining hall. See lookee here. He hands it his second brother to see and after mulling it over a bit. Hold on, it is an insurance policy. Look at the fine print. Installments to be paid in talents. Return of premium redeemable at the bank of Zion.
Yep, the verses seem to say a return of premium insurance policy.

• Wow
Reactions: Azim

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's not it. You deny that we have received grace fully sufficient to overcome sin and flesh, to endure through trial, to walk in the pre-ordained works we've been created for
These words are food to my spirit....Praise You Lord for that....I need food, I hunger for God’s word.

Online source.

Just as the hunger of our body drives us to eat physical food, the hunger of our spirit propels us to feed on spiritual food. The Word of God is the best spiritual nourishment for our soul-spirit — it is, therefore, simply impossible for a human to live without God.

My words.....we just “ existed “ when we were non believers....trying to figure our lives out by ourselves...I certainly made a huge mess of mine.

Then along came God and gave me NEW life in HIS PRECIOUS SON, Lord Jesus....never be able to thank you enough Lord....Praise Your Holy Name!!
And AMEN ,Brother!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful
Status
Not open for further replies.