Forgiveness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Nah, it's just delusional.....

Haha
i am going to listen as hard as i can here, because i am getting close to a fundamental truth, that has been congealing for a few years now; that being that all truth is subjective, but in a way that differs from what those who usually say that mean. the upshot being that if someone speaking in this vein is encouraged rather than discouraged, humored iow, any error eventually becomes evident even to them. it is a kind of forgiveness

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clothing in the Garden is our ego

I like to think of the clothing as Gods way to cover our shame, like DPMartin said, but the Fig leaf were what I call excuses, when I am with people I know and they make an excuse, I like to say to them! Oh here comes the Fig leafs, just for a lighter side

Reactions: aspen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am going to listen as hard as i can here, because i am getting close to a fundamental truth, that has been congealing for a few years now; that being that all truth is subjective, but in a way that differs from what those who usually say that mean. the upshot being that if someone speaking in this vein is encouraged rather than discouraged, humored iow, any error eventually becomes evident even to them.

Yeh, I believe in absolute truth, but I think it is kind of silly for us to believe we can know it absolutely or even share the same ideas about it. Our view of God is subjective because it goes beyond opinions, thoughts, emotion and will - it simply is. Loving God doesn't demand theology or doctrines from us, in fact they can become idols quite easily, especially if they do not lead us past our image of who we are (false self) They can be helpful in speculating about truth, but they are our attempts to describe absolute truth, not truth itself.

Reactions: Truth and bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Forgiveness frees people from bitterness and resentment

Well I tend to agree...while I could not forgive...not unwilling, but just couldn't ...it was because I resented their behaviour to others weaker than themselves.
And I was angry and bitter too....I wanted God to punish them.
It was a hard lesson to learn ...but once we remember and acknowledge how much we have been forgiven.....God then made me strong, willing , and able to totally forgive.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
TRUTH WILL ALWAYS TRUTH, not yelling, just boldly agreeing!

I like the line.." Truth is not forgetting..but remembering without anger."

( we could put pain in the place of anger too...in my life pain or hurt has needed forgiveness much more than anger ever has)

Reactions: Truth