Forgiveness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Always anyone can feel free to pm me Truman.

Hope you had a good day brother.

Reactions: Truman

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgive me Lord for this morning a truck pulled Roth towards me almost tboning me, I became so angry I continuously blew the horn and slammed my brakes coming to a complete stop ready to commit violence towards the drivers with a crowbar.

Forgive me for my actions Lord and teach me to be more patient and just let things go.

I beg your forgiveness.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad you are safe and made it through without getting hurt @JohnPaul, as well the driver. That is something to thank God for. The anger is okay to have but to let go is important as you has said.

some scripture support to consider;

“Therefore, putting away lying, “Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one another. “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil. Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:25-32‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Reactions: JohnPaul

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad you are safe and made it through without getting hurt @JohnPaul, as well the driver. That is something to thank God for. The anger is okay to have but to let go is important as you has said.

some scripture support to consider;

“Therefore, putting away lying, “Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one another. “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil. Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:25-32‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Thank you Matthew.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel the need to post on here on the Forgiveness thread, yesterday I held some ill feelings towards my lazy coworker, instead of praying and asking God to take those thoughts from my mind, I kept on thinking bad things about him, as I asked him for help in cleaning some equipment that was dirty and I was very busy and couldn't get to it, I went and told one of the senior guys who felt he should've had cleaned it already without being told because the entire week, he practically did nothing.

Well the senior guy emailed our manager that I was going to be busy the entire month working in his department doing a crucial job, and he copied the lazy guy, the new guy who is going to be our manager, the 2nd in command of the company the owner everyone he copied on the email, that the lazy guy and the new guy were to do all the cleaning of equipment and receiving boxes that get delivered up front as we don't have a shipping and receiving dept.

This email really got on the lazy guy's nerves and I could tell he got angered, because a big shipment came in and he told me there were boxes up front, so I looked at him and said ok and stayed seated, as my senior guy told me I'm not to touch any boxes, to let them pile up if the lazy guy doesn't pick them up, he'll send out another email, well he did pick them up but with a dirty look on his face and then he told me if I could put the rest of the boxes away, I looked at him and didn't respond.

Soon after the new guy who is going to be our manager replied to my senior guy's email and copied everyone on the email and told my manager it was fine but that they haven't gotten a chance to get to the equipment or boxes because the lazy was busy teaching him the batch record, which was a pure lie, because the lazy guy doesn't know how to fill out the batch record he himself is learning as I am and as a matter of fact he asked for my assistance and another coworker on how to fill out certain spots on the record, so the new manager guy was lying sticking up for the lazy guy, I was there in the area the whole time and both of them were just sitting there doing nothing, so I felt like I was being double teamed by these two guys.

Well the anger started rising up in me and I started thinking and wishing bad thoughts on these two guys, I couldn't understand why the new manager guy would do this to me and stick up for the lazy guy who he is going to be in charge of us pretty soon, I've been working with the new manager guy and showing him certain operations and how to do certain things and thought we were ok, but when I read that email it sent my blood boiling, as literally those two guys were just sitting there doing nothing, so all sorts of bad thoughts went through my mind against those two.

Now that I've had time to calm down and let my pacifist side kick in, I said to myself just let it go, the meek shall inherit the Earth and I ask God to forgive my evil thoughts against these two gentleman, it's just that I get tired of all the work falling on me despite an email going out instructing that the two new guys do the extra work, because I'll literally be locked up in a room for the next two weeks doing special work with the senior guy and his team, and they chose me because of my work ethics, not bragging just repeating what I was told, they don't want that lazy guy nowhere around them, and I can't blame them.

But I feel like he got away with doing nothing again and to top it the new manager guy lied for him and basically got him off.

I also feel bad because of the thoughts that went through my head against these two, that I should've been the better man and just have shrugged it off and pray that God take these thoughts from me.

You see this lazy guy is a smooth talker, it's how he got the job and now he's probably smooth talking the new manager guy, so I feel like I'll have two guys to deal with instead of one, and I really don't want to let this bother me and ask that our Lord Jesus intercede on my behalf against any wrong doing these two guys have planned against me, that the Lord cloak me with his blood he shed for us and that he take those bad thoughts from my mind.

I just wanted to share this with everyone and get it off my chest.

Thank you all who read this.