Forgiveness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

winsome

Feb 15, 2008
Forgiveness“Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.”What do we mean by forgive?What exactly are we asking God to do?There is a post on forgiveness already by surrendersacrifice but no-one has responded so I thought I'd ask it in a different way.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(winsome;52664)
Forgiveness“Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.”What do we mean by forgive?
pardon a debt
What exactly are we asking God to do?
I believe we are asking God to do exactly what He asks us to do, pardon/nullify the debt of a persons transgressions against us.

Nyoka

Mar 26, 2008
To forgive the way God means is to totally give up any right to get retribution from someone for a real or imagined wrong done to us. It means we have to put aside the thoughts and feelings of anger and hurt over the situation. We do not hold on to any ill feeling toward the person for what has happened. We surrender it to God and never pick it up again. It also means to be honest at looking at our part in the situation. It also means to walk in God's love toward that person even when our flesh doesn't want to.

Rank Stranger

Jun 1, 2008
Let Christian love replace the hurt caused by another, just as you hope that God will replace your own sins with the Righteousness of Christ and His own love.Rank Stranger