Formed for Himself

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
isa 43: 21This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise. So oft times when we read a scripture like this we immediately apply it to salvation, or becoming a new Creation, which is True, but it also applies just the same [for the elect] to our natural lives as well..Even in our natural birth, we are born for God , to show forth His Praise.. Lets look at jer 1:5 5Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. The hebrew word knew here is: yada and means: to discriminate, distinguish This conveys the blessed Truth of Sovereign election, and Gods discriminate perogative to make some Individuals for vessels of honor. The Jer 1 5 verse, is not limited to Jeremiah, but is applicable to all the foreknown brethern of our Lord Jesus christ.. rom 8: 29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. [note, the elect were brethern of Jesus christ before they were formed in the womb see ps 139:16] Foreknow here means the same as knew thee in jer 1 5.. Paul writes gal 1 15 15But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, All the elect members of the body of christ, which paul was a member as well [ 1 cor 12] we are all seperated from our mothers womb and preserved in our unregenracy, as paul was, until as he was, called by Gods Grace to bring Him Praise.. People may say, well thats paul, he was special ! Yes He was, and so are all the elect members of Jesus christ body.. for paul could never say: 1 cor 12:21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. Yes some members are more honorable, but all members are needed the same to function properly for their head: 22Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: 23And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness. Then scripture gives us the assured testimony that pauls conversion served as an example, a pattern of all those who shall believe unto everlasting life..1 tim 1: 16Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. That word pattern is the greek word: hypotypōsis which means:an outline, sketch, brief and summary expositionan example, pattern The same grace God utilize for the conversion of paul, would not be wanting in the conversion of all the elect who should believe on Jesus christ.. Paul was called [effectually] by Gods Grace as eph 3 will testify to as well.. 7Whereof I was made [not offered] a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. [note, grace given is nothing short of Gods working effectually by His Power inwardly by the Holy Ghost] 8Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; Notice, paul is not claiming any special treatment above any of the other members or body of christ, though of course he realizes his office may be higher for Gods purpose, nevertheless, all [members] are called for Gods purpose, rom 8: 28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. [which would include all members of the body, from the Head to the toe] The elect are born sinners as other men, but even still in that we are formed to bring God praise.. david testifies of being born a sinner ps 51: 5Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. This word shapen is the hebrew word: chuwl and means:to twist, whirl, dance, writhe, fear, tremble, travail, be in anguish, be paineda) (Qal)1) to dance2) to twist, writhe3) to whirl, whirl aboutB) (Polel)1) to dance2) to writhe (in travail with), bear, bring forth And interestingly it is translated form as here: deut 32: 18Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee. job 26: 13By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent. So even in forming us [the elect] in the fashion of sin, He yet had His ultimate purpose of His Praise in view as david later testifies to in the same psalm 12Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. 13Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee. 14Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness. 15O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise. Isnt that wonderful, How sin only is designed to ultimately prepare the elect vessels of mercy an opportunity to teach transgressors the right ways of the Lord and occasion the soul of the redeemed to shew forth Gods Praise..and sing aloud His righteouness.. Was it not because of pauls sins He could say later of the Mercy of the Lord 1 tim 1: 15This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. Yes, even as sinners dead and trespasses and sins, at enmity in our minds, full of unbelief and hatred towards God, even then, the elect vessels of mercy were formed for Gods praise and for Himself..