Paul's Gospel According to Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every bodies Greek scholar has a different view don't they so like I said which ever one tickles your itching ear I prefer to stick with what God said it does not take pages of Greek scholars to explain it God speaks clearly.
Bottom line. SCRIPTURE MUST HARMONIZE WITH SCRIPTURE. Your biased interpretation of Acts 2:38 does not harmonize with what God said in Acts 10:43-47 and also in numerous other passages of Scripture which make it clear that we are saved through belief/faith "apart from additions or modifications" as I already thoroughly explained in post #37. I prefer to stick with what God says in harmony with all of Scripture.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bottom line. SCRIPTURE MUST HARMONIZE WITH SCRIPTURE. Your biased interpretation of Acts 2:38 does not harmonize with what God said in Acts 10:43-47 and also in numerous other passages of Scripture which make it clear that we are saved through belief/faith "apart from additions or modifications" as I already thoroughly explained in post #37. I prefer to stick with what God says in harmony with all of Scripture.
Bottom line is Yes scripture does Harmonize with scripture if you let the bible do the talking and I have shown you that but you can not see it because of your outside sources you chose to believe over what the scriptures do say. You say it appears to say but can't mean that because I believe it really should say and this guy tells me how to make it fit with what I believe.

You read mans views and eat it all up lock stock and barrel and refuse to really look into what is taught on certain topics and with that being said it does no good to try to get you to look at it any other way because in your eyes you can not be wrong so around and around we go with each not budging an inch.n Yes I know you can say the same of me but I have not brought works of other men into the equation just saying.

Answer me this just how is one spirit baptized and how is it different from the baptism in Christ name. Can you not see from scripture where the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ is tied to the death burial and resurrection?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bottom line is Yes scripture does Harmonize with scripture if you let the bible do the talking and I have shown you that but you can not see it because of your outside sources you chose to believe over what the scriptures do say. You say it appears to say but can't mean that because I believe it really should say and this guy tells me how to make it fit with what I believe.

You read mans views and eat it all up lock stock and barrel and refuse to really look into what is taught on certain topics and with that being said it does no good to try to get you to look at it any other way because in your eyes you can not be wrong so around and around we go with each not budging an inch.n Yes I know you can say the same of me but I have not brought works of other men into the equation just saying.

Answer me this just how is one spirit baptized and how is it different from the baptism in Christ name. Can you not see from scripture where the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ is tied to the death burial and resurrection?
I don't believe outside sources over scripture. Those outside sources I cited just happened to line up with what scripture teaches and iron sharpens iron (Proverbs 27:17) but if you are only going to listen to what church of Christ preachers say on the subject then you won't seriously consider what anyone else says anyway.

Do you believe that Spirit baptism and water baptism are the same baptism? They are distinct. (Matthew 3:11) Water baptism pictures Christ's death, burial and resurrection and our identification with Him in these experiences. In reality, believers are literally saved by what baptism symbolizes--Christ's death, burial and resurrection. (1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Romans 1:16)

Last edited:

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but if are only going to listen to what church of Christ preachers say on the subject then you won't seriously consider what anyone else says anyway.

I have done extensive study on the matter and have shown where scripture supports scripture on the topic of baptism so no you can not get me to see your point of view for it is contrary to scriptures that support baptism. Unlike you I can harmonize them to fit with the rest of the scriptures.

I asked you to define your belief on spirit baptism I already have defined mine and you can"t seem to follow the scriptural meaning so I ask for you to define and lets put your understanding to scriptural teaching and see where that gets us.

It is because you refuse to hear what scripture actually teaches on water baptism or baptism in general for that matter instead you seek your understanding in books written by men. You put your trust in them is what it seems like to me.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I have done extensive study on the matter and have shown where scripture supports scripture on the topic of baptism so no you can not get me to see your point of view for it is contrary to scriptures that support baptism.

The Scriptures support at least 3 Baptisms.

Did you study all those yet?

So, lets stick with 2.

There is... "one Lord, .. one Faith.....one Baptism".

Yet there are at least 3 Baptisms, in the Bible...so is that verse wrong?
No, its not wrong..
Its making a clear declaration by distincition that is showing you that the MAIN Baptism, is in the verse that says "ONE Lord" and "ONE Faith"..

So, what is the main one?
What is the Main Baptism, and notice that verse does not say WATER.
Did you notice?

The ONE Baptism that is the main one..., is Spiritual..... Its by the Baptism with<>in<>By = The HOLY SPIRIT< .. = Its Regeneration, of the spirit in an unbeliever.

That's the "ONE" baptism that matters, as that is a BIRTH in the Spirit, by the Holy Spirit of God.

Water is not required.

Now, Let me show you the theological ignorance of this "cult of mary teaching"... that teaches.. "Born again.. BY water"..

So, if that is true, if its "BY Water".... then that means you can't be born again, unless there is some water in the area.

Which means... you can't be born again in a Prison cell.
Which means the dying Thief didn't go with Jesus., as Jesus said he would.
You can't be born again in a Islamic Country, or Communist country that wont let you become a Christian as there is NO WATER BAPTISM of NEW Christians, allow in those countries.

So, if water is required, then millions of "underground Christian" in this world right now.. who are still not water baptized,...... and all "death bed conversions"......., and everyone born again in a Prison cell block"....are all FAKE conversions, according to the IGNORANT "cult of mary" theology that teaches that without water there is no salvation.

Amazing, ... how many people are deceived by this "WATER Cult".

Its billions of people., including all those who were water baptized and died and still went to hell today, and tomorrow, and yesterday.

Last edited: