Forsake ALL your sins or eternal damnation awaits!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, if they sin willfully, they will not inherit eternal life -- and the Scriptures confirm it.
And you've yet to examine any verse critically to show where they are out of context. You simply repeat the same ole same ole.....yawn. If you want to have a discussion then step up.

Reactions: reformed1689
B

brakelite

Please link is to anyone that has actually said these things. Thanks in advance.
I didn't say anyone has actually said such things...but the only conclusion to be drawn from the general consensus regarding the question raised in the original post...is the forsaking all sins in order to be ultimately saved, a condition to entering glory?...seems to fall upon the negative. No, we don't have to turn away from all sin... we dont need to form a flawless character, to be without blemish and without spot (Ephesians5:25,26)...a few cherished bad habits can be dealt with later while I enjoy life a little more...strict obedience to God's commandments is religious legalism...God is so loving He doesn't care about the state of our hearts and minds, so long as we believe...
The strident raucous opposition to anyone suggesting even remotely that we should live holy righteous lives from left wing atheist liberal university students is understandable...but here we are in a Christian forum and the moment obedience to God's commandments is suggested or true repentance from sin recommended....oh the outcry!!!! And from people professing themselves Christians!!!!
Rather than discussing ways and means by which we can obey God in all things, we hear excuses and reasons why we shouldn't...or can't!!!!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say anyone has actually said such things...but the only conclusion to be drawn from the general consensus regarding the question raised in the original post...is the forsaking all sins in order to be ultimately saved, a condition to entering glory?...seems to fall upon the negative. No, we don't have to turn away from all sin... we dont need to form a flawless character, to be without blemish and without spot (Ephesians5:25,26)...a few cherished bad habits can be dealt with later while I enjoy life a little more...strict obedience to God's commandments is religious legalism...God is so loving He doesn't care about the state of our hearts and minds, so long as we believe...
The strident raucous opposition to anyone suggesting even remotely that we should live holy righteous lives from left wing atheist liberal university students is understandable...but here we are in a Christian forum and the moment obedience to God's commandments is suggested or true repentance from sin recommended....oh the outcry!!!! And from people professing themselves Christians!!!!
Rather than discussing ways and means by which we can obey God in all things, we hear excuses and reasons why we shouldn't...or can't!!!!
There is a difference between striving to live a holy life and pursue sanctification (which will not be completed in this lifetime) and living a sinless life. That is a difference that you and others seem to not be able to grasp.

B

brakelite

There is a difference between striving to live a holy life and pursue sanctification (which will not be completed in this lifetime) and living a sinless life. That is a difference that you and others seem to not be able to grasp.
And you don't grasp the power of God. It isn't about striving to do anything. Righteousness comes by faith...not by our efforts. But is does come to those who believe...seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness...The just shall live by faith, it doesn't say sinners live by faith. It had been quoted several times in this thread, confess your sins, for He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins...in order to prove somehow that this means all Christians will always sin...yet even though the last part is quoted...and cleanse us from all unrighteousness...The implications of that last part is ignored.

Reactions: 07-07-07

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Righteousness comes by faith...not by our efforts.
Our faith is COUNTED as righteousness.
and cleanse us from all unrighteousness...The implications of that last part is ignored.
The implication is that as we confess, the unrightousness we are confessing is cleansed. James said confess your sins one to another. These are people already saved. Paul said he sins in Romans 7, he is already saved.

B

brakelite

That is a gospel without power. A form of godliness that brings no change to the life. If the gospel doesn't have power that radically changes minds from carnal selfish worldly minds to the mind of Christ, its a false gospel.
. Paul said he sins in Romans 7, he is already saved.
You need to reread the whole chapter. Are you sure that description of the man in Romans 7 is of the apostle Paul? Someone who wants to do good but can't? Seriously? Paul couldn't do good as a saved Christian?

Reactions: 07-07-07

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a gospel without power. A form of godliness that brings no change to the life. If the gospel doesn't have power that radically changes minds from carnal selfish worldly minds to the mind of Christ, its a false gospel.
Strawman. When did I ever say it doesn't bring change to the life? I have NEVER said that.

You need to reread the whole chapter. Are you sure that description of the man in Romans 7 is of the apostle Paul? Someone who wants to do good but can't? Seriously? Paul couldn't do good as a saved Christian?
More strawman. First, yes, it is describing the Apostle Paul. Second, it does not say, nor did I say, they CANNOT do good as a Christian. What it DOES say is that we are not perfect as Christians and still fall into sin.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forsake ALL your sins or eternal damnation will be your inheritance. Willful sin is not allowed in the Kingdom of Heaven. Please don't fall for the lie that you can still sin a little and inherit eternal life too. The wolves will come along and tell you otherwise because they too are on the road to eternal damnation. I pray that this video opens your eyes because it's exactly how Jesus taught.

Please tell me what is the gospel, how are we saved to go to heaven.

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another strawman. No one has even suggested what youre claiming. Go back and re-read my posts on this. Read the verses then come back for a dialogue. All any of you are doing is projecting, then instead of actually discussing scripture you create your own strawman then knock it down.

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you think the gospel is something that simply changes ones mind then you have a flawed concept of the gospel. The gospel changes the heart, i.e. makes one born again, a new creation. One is taken from the kingdom of darkness and brought over to the kingdom of light, an adopted son or daughter of God.

Yes its Paul. And no one said he wanted to do good but can't. You people have a real bad problem of embellishing whats said to make it sound like something completely different than what was said. Thats normally the m.o. of those that can't argue the facts.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forsake ALL your sins or eternal damnation will be your inheritance. Willful sin is not allowed in the Kingdom of Heaven. Please don't fall for the lie that you can still sin a little and inherit eternal life too. The wolves will come along and tell you otherwise because they too are on the road to eternal damnation. I pray that this video opens your eyes because it's exactly how Jesus taught.

I was looking for your list of which sins would keep me away from God's Grace through Jesus, but I didn't see it.
Surely God has defined how one can be a "good" sinner, as opposed to being a "bad" sinner.

Or could it be that you don't know what it means to be "born again" as a "new creature" (creation) in Christ Jesus?
BTW, there is no such thing as being a "good" sinner!
Romans 3:12

B

brakelite

Strawman. When did I ever say it doesn't bring change to the life? I have NEVER said that.

More strawman. First, yes, it is describing the Apostle Paul. Second, it does not say, nor did I say, they CANNOT do good as a Christian. What it DOES say is that we are not perfect as Christians and still fall into sin.

Another strawman. No one has even suggested what youre claiming. Go back and re-read my posts on this. Read the verses then come back for a dialogue. All any of you are doing is projecting, then instead of actually discussing scripture you create your own strawman then knock it down.
None of those points I presented were straw man arguments...they were merely the natural conclusion to your own arguments which you refuse to follow through with. The consensus throughout this thread is that no Christian can live without sinning. Therefore, the only conclusion, if one is willing to follow through with that argument, is that God permits practicing sinners into heaven...an unblemished character is not necessary...having the mind of Christ is quite compatible with sin...Repentance from all sin is not only unnecessary, but impossible...The human person is incapable of living a sinless life which means the power of the flesh, the (dead) carnal nature is more powerful than God, and the influences of the devil more powerful than those of the holy Spirit. These ate not straw man arguments...they are the logical conclusions if one is willing to take your arguments far enough. Are you willing to go down that road...and if you are not, then where does your argument against the OP reach a different conclusion to the ones I propose above? On what grounds do you suppose your entrance glory is secure whilst there remains sin in your life not repented of?

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

People in every religion strive in their own power to be good and holy. But that is not the way of Christ. Jesus already perfected the walk in the flesh in holiness. So when we enter INTO Christ we put on His resurrection life by grace. In Him there is no sin. So the only striving we do is to enter into Him...the narrow gate and the walk on the narrow way.

This is what the bible teaches...but this is too hard to understand for people who have only known a walk in the power of their own flesh.

However that grace is available by faith. It is the power of the gospel.

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of those points I presented were straw man arguments...they were merely the natural conclusion to your own arguments which you refuse to follow through with. The consensus throughout this thread is that no Christian can live without sinning. Therefore, the only conclusion,
There is your straw man. We have argued, effectively i might add that as a born again individual we will sin in this life. The flesh will always war against the spirit this side of heaven. The whole reason that we were given confession (not the rc kind) is to get right with God after we sin. We have sanctification because we are not born again perfect out of the womb spiritually speaking. 1 Cor 13:12 Paul says we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face. If you never sin, if you are perfect you wouldn't be seeing through that glass darkly. John in 1 John 2 we have an advocate with the Father, why if we never sin? 1 John 3 says we are sons of God, yet its not until we see Him face to face that we will be like Him for then we will see Him as He is.

Now proceed to not respond to anything i just said and insert your own narrative.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Amen.
In our church we are going through Revelation.
In the new Jerusalem, the foundations are precious stones.
These stones are the church, the things we discount and discard, God counts us as Holy and Pure if we persever and learn how to apply love and His grace in our lives, speech, actions and faith.
The path is narrow that leads to life, yet many seem to have reached the narrow gate and feel camping out here is what Jesus's message was all about, rather than transformation into His likeness through our walk in the Spirit.

If God expected us to be instantly perfect at the beginning there would be no walk or discipline or learning, or mistakes, or cost or trials.
But God declares all these things and for those who overcome eternal life.

I always find myself shocked how selfishness can blind me to the needs of others and to just trample over them while not seeing my part and roll in their lives, and helping to meet their needs. When I can see both and walk with Jesus through it all, Amen, maturity at last.
And as a church we can never get enough encouragement to walk as Jesus walked, because it is the Kingdom of Heaven. God bless you

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen.
In our church we are going through Revelation.
In the new Jerusalem, the foundations are precious stones.
These stones are the church, the things we discount and discard,
Not sure i follow you here. The stones, in heaven will remind us of things discounted and discarded? The stones are the apostles and nothing in heaven will ever remind us of our sin or things discarded. Not sure where you got that from.
God counts us as Holy and Pure if we persever and learn how to apply love and His grace in our lives, speech, actions and faith.
The path is narrow that leads to life, yet many seem to have reached the narrow gate and feel camping out here is what Jesus's message was all about, rather than transformation into His likeness through our walk in the Spirit.
I disagree again. God doesn't count us holy "if"....He does these things all on His own.

Titus 2:14
14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.NASB

1 Thess 3:13
13 so that He may establish your hearts unblamable in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all His saints. NASB

And many more. God does all this in the believer.

If God expected us to be instantly perfect at the beginning there would be no walk or discipline or learning, or mistakes, or cost or trials.
But God declares all these things and for those who overcome eternal life.
Again, sorry but this sounds confusing to me. It sounds like youre playing both sides. Are we perfect and sinless? Or do we need sanctification to grow in Christ-likeness? Sanctification implying we sin, confess and press on as well as strive to live for Him. Keeping our eye on the goal.

I'm sure someone will twist this to say 'see, just live in sin sin sin and still expect to go to heaven uncleansed, blemished and carnal.' There i did it for a certain individual. I of course never said it but i'm sure thats what at least one person would have said that i said.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of those points I presented were straw man arguments...they were merely the natural conclusion to your own arguments which you refuse to follow through with. The consensus throughout this thread is that no Christian can live without sinning. Therefore, the only conclusion, if one is willing to follow through with that argument, is that God permits practicing sinners into heaven...an unblemished character is not necessary...having the mind of Christ is quite compatible with sin...Repentance from all sin is not only unnecessary, but impossible...The human person is incapable of living a sinless life which means the power of the flesh, the (dead) carnal nature is more powerful than God, and the influences of the devil more powerful than those of the holy Spirit. These ate not straw man arguments...they are the logical conclusions if one is willing to take your arguments far enough. Are you willing to go down that road...and if you are not, then where does your argument against the OP reach a different conclusion to the ones I propose above? On what grounds do you suppose your entrance glory is secure whilst there remains sin in your life not repented of?
No that is not the logical natural conclusion. That is your unbiblical conclusion.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are dodging the issue. I don't think God makes a distinction between willful sins and unwillful sins (as if there is such a thing).

You need to study the Scriptures closely. One example, and please don't refer to it being under the Law.

Numbers 15
[27] And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering.
[28] And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the LORD, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him.
[29] Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them.
[30] But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
[31] Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him.

Reactions: Giuliano

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The implication is that as we confess, the unrightousness we are confessing is cleansed. James said confess your sins one to another. These are people already saved. Paul said he sins in Romans 7, he is already saved.

Romans 7 is not a chapter devoted to Paul being a sinner under grace; it was a chapter discussing the Law and how it could not be kept when walking in the flesh. This is a greatly misunderstood chapter, particularly by those who look for a confirmation to not overcome sin.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 7 is not a chapter devoted to Paul being a sinner under grace; it was a chapter discussing the Law and how it could not be kept when walking in the flesh. This is a greatly misunderstood chapter, particularly by those who look for a confirmation to not overcome sin.
Notice that is not the only place I showed. You are wrong on Romans 7, but it is not the only Scripture I gave.