Forsake ALL your sins or eternal damnation awaits!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

Aparently John got it wrong, or has the poster got it wrong?

You got it wrong. You are to be a former sinner, not a present one; that's the meaning of all Scripture when rightly divided.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...you didn't answer my question (as expected), ...very incriminating!

The question was very much answered, but you didn't like the answer. Let me say it again: willful sinners have no part in God's Kingdom. If you partake of sin (forbidden fruit), then just know hell is your inheritance. Sin could not remain in Eden, neither can it enter Heaven. Make your choice.

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@07-07-07

Luke 9:23-24 Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me. 24. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it"...

Because you keep avoiding your truth, you know exactly what I am talking about.
Unless you let go of 'self', all you will end up with is a reflection.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The question was very much answered, but you didn't like the answer. Let me say it again: willful sinners have no part in God's Kingdom. If you partake of sin (forbidden fruit), then just know hell is your inheritance. Sin could not remain in Eden, neither can it enter Heaven. Make your choice.
This was my question (yes, I'm scared to ask);
'What about yourself, are you as you described above, perfect?'

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strawman argument.

Nobody here said God endorsed sin. And if no willful sinners enter his kingdom, I guess it is only Him there.

You can't refute the truth. There are all kinds of Saints in Heaven -- and they were/are not willful sinners as you suppose.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Read post #12.
Ok, yes, you did address that aspect, ...there's just something to mystical or impractical about the approach that you're imparting. As Christians, we're all aware of the promise of the gift of the Holy Spirit, and boy do Christians love to claim that they have it, but i have yet to see anyone truly exude such a holy inspiration. So, it feels like it's just idle words that you're professing, that any deluded person can express (not that you're deluded). So, it's the same old rhetoric about the promises to the Church, that people love to quote verbatim, but never are able to evoke.
I'm sorry, after 30 yrs of being a Christian, and meeting, and discussing theology, with hundreds of them, I have yet to see one who exemplifies the manifestations of the spirit, ...not even the big guns, Augustine, Aquinas, Luther, Calvin, Wesleys, Sproul, MacArthur, etc...
They should truly leave the Holy Spirit out of their sentiments, and just advise people on a practical way to desist sin i.e. show that they truly have wisdom and understanding.

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've twisted the Scriptures to uphold for sin; Satan did that to Eve in the very beginning; He also tried it on Jesus, but it did not work. God does not endorse sin, neither will He allow willful sinners to enter in to His Kingdom.
I cited the bible, period. Hows that twisting it? I see you offer no counter to those verses but to say i've twisted them. Hardly a meaningful refutation. And no one said 'God endorses sin'. Straw man much?

Reactions: reformed1689

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cited the bible, period. Hows that twisting it? I see you offer no counter to those verses but to say i've twisted them. Hardly a meaningful refutation. And no one said 'God endorses sin'. Straw man much?
It's typical of many on this board who try to make Scripture say things it doesn't even come close to saying. Biblical illiteracy is RAMPANT here.

B

brakelite

Whether you are using scripture to support your stance or not, those of you opposed to the OP, you do realise do you not that in essence what you are preaching is that anyone can go to heaven regardless of character. Repentance is not necessary. Sin need not be forsaken. God accepts practicing sinners into His kingdom. The gospel teaches that Christ died that you can go to heaven just as you are, and that being born again does not mean you are a new creature, just a forgiven one. If that is not what you believe, then please explain why you are opposed to the OP? I would not necessarily condone the style of preaching in the video, but the message he is sharing is the truth.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether you are using scripture to support your stance or not, those of you opposed to the OP, you do realise do you not that in essence what you are preaching is that anyone can go to heaven regardless of character. Repentance is not necessary. Sin need not be forsaken. God accepts practicing sinners into His kingdom. The gospel teaches that Christ died that you can go to heaven just as you are, and that being born again does not mean you are a new creature, just a forgiven one. If that is not what you believe, then please explain why you are opposed to the OP? I would not necessarily condone the style of preaching in the video, but the message he is sharing is the truth.
And the strawman arguments keep flying.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In God's eyes, one is either a Saint or a sinner. A Saint of God use to be a sinner, past tense. A Saint of God does not willfully sin and allows the Holy Spirit to continually critique the actions and behavior of him/her.

A Saint of God is striving for perfection, though there is only One who was perfect, Jesus.

Job 1
[1] There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

Luke 1
[5] There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
[6] And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
The only way to find remission of sins is through being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ in water.

Not by being really, really good.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are organic beings...and we are capable of change....and learning. As such God is not quick to condemn.

Grace means that God empowers us with His life and Spirit BEFORE we get our act together. So we can be in some kind of sin at the beginning of our walks....without condemnation at first. God is patient and kind. All things get worked out through growth of the inner man. That growth turns into maturity...a maturity IN love.

We are to grow from the inside-----outward. Not try to clean up the outside first. That is the difference between grace and law. The law works on outward behaviour. But God is looking for something much more than that. He's is looking for LOVE. Grace is the way of love.

Now if a person enters INTO Christ, that one doesn't sin. In Him is no sin. So we are to strive through that narrow gate and walk that narrow way.

But otherwise we can still be led by the Spirit and preach the gospel...without first getting over the sins we have grown used to in our previous lives. That transformation takes time. AND discipling. We do need each other.

Last edited:

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please link is to anyone that has actually said these things. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: reformed1689