Forum Rules

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you ever get like that again just take a deep breath, count to ten,.. and grab a Snickers. :D

LoL. Well I'll pray THAT doesn't happen!

Yeah. Thanks for the tip, only:

A. I can't have chocolate, even though it's my favorite food, and
B. I'm not eating right now.

So VERY nice of you to remind me of both, LoL.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL. Well I'll pray THAT doesn't happen!

Yeah. Thanks for the tip, only:

A. I can't have chocolate, even though it's my favorite food, and
B. I'm not eating right now.

So VERY nice of you to remind me of both, LoL.

Umm,.. okay,.. this is unplanned and unexpected. :oops:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here @Hidden In Him,.. let it out and sing this song on top of your lungs as a stress reliever. Who even gives a rip about the neighbors? :p (JK btw please be respectful of them,.. and apologize for all the noise later. ;) )

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WORLD POLITICS
Pope Francis: There is more than one path to God
thumb_350l_pope-catholic44411f6a.jpg

BY JOHNSALAZAR1980

FEBRUARY 22, 2017
6 COMMENT(S)
REPORT STORY
Pope Francis says that there is more than one path to God. In his sermon during Sunday Mass the Pontiff said:

"We all know that many Christians - especially Protestants are taught that Jesus is the only way to God and that they must only pray to him because he said that he is the way the truth and the life and that nobody can come to the Father except through him. Well what you must know is that there is more to it than that. Think about it, if Jesus is the only way to God, then why isn't everybody Christian?"

The Leader of the of the world's 1.2 billion Catholics continued:

"Why is India predominantly Hindu? Why is Thailand mostly Buddhist? Are all of these people bad? Are they going to hell? The Bible tells us in 1 John 4:16 that God is love. That means that he loves us regardless of how we see him. Why is it always so difficult for Protestants to accept the fact that everybody is entitled to worship however they want to worship and that they are out of place to judge people based on their own interpretation of the Bible? How do they know if they are interpreting the Bible correctly?"

The Pontiff didn't let up as he went on:

"Protestants are always quick to criticize and judge people. Another thing that I can't seem to understand about Protestant teachers- especially those who call themselves Evangelicals is why is it that they are always angry? Has anyone ever listened to an Evangelical Pastor preach? They always seem to be in a rage."

Francis then referred to Catholics:

"We Catholics are very lucky. Or should I say blessed? We have so many Saints to intercede on our behalf. Not just Jesus. We have his mother the Virgin Mary who was born sinless and without whom he would not have been born. That's how important she is. Just think about it, if there was no Mary, there would be no Jesus. That is why it is imperative that we pray to her for her to take our petitions to Jesus. But it is not just Mother Mary. Throughout history many other people have obtained sainthood and it is important to our salvation that we pray to them too. In fact just this morning I offered a prayer to my patron Saint - Francis of Assisi and I am fully convinced that he heard me and that my prayer will be answered. So I just want you my children to know that there is more than one path to God. Not just through Jesus."

The Holy Father then concluded his sermon by warning his congregation about Protestants:

"But my dear children please be warned, there are many Protestants out there who are like wolves in sheep's clothing who will want to make you stray from the straight and narrow path by encouraging you to read and study the Bible on your own in order to confuse you. You must be wary of them and ask the Holy Mother through the daily recitations of the Rosary to give you the strength and wisdom to resist. May she continue to bless all of us
THIS POPE IS A CHARLATON . UNITY WITH THAT , NEVER . Our persecution is coming . OH i had rather suffer and die
than to stand with a lie .

Reactions: DuckieLady

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is considered a rule of life,.. but it sure is a darn good philosophy. :D What do you think @Heart2Soul? :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's a good statement. That's true, actually, and I'll confirm it. I think the numbers are up to 90-95% by full adolescence. I read this last night, actually.

I'm not going to get into politics ... (yes I am) ... but you have to be 18 years old before you can get a tattoo. In this state, you have to be 21 years old to buy a pack of cigarettes. (You're old enough to die for your country at 18 though.)

Why? Because the kid might regret it, but it's okay for the government to mutilate a 10-year-old child for the rest of their entire lives without the parent's consent. That child might not be considered even old enough to decide which parent they want to live with. So where's the logic? Who knows, math is racist in Seattle. They actually wanted kids to choose their "math identity." Because they're nuts.

Was looking for Christian cartoons for my kid and ran across Funny or Die videos involving the crucifixion.

Last night, I found out there was a TikTok for promoting abortions and saying "It can actually be hilarious." What the bleep is wrong people? I don't know, but I'm trying to figure out how to pray for it.

/endminirant

Well math has always been problematic. LOLOLOL. Oh my goodness. I would use that as an excuse to never do math again. It would be a huge temptation to get out of it if I ever went back to school. Im horrible. LOL.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well math has always been problematic. LOLOLOL. Oh my goodness. I would use that as an excuse to never do math again. It would be a huge temptation to get out of it if I ever went back to school. Im horrible. LOL.

If anybody ever asked me if I wanted to go back to school I would ask them how would they like to get a root canal?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anybody ever asked me if I wanted to go back to school I would ask them how would they like to get a root canal?
:D
I'm not back in school, but I have to relearn math for what I would possibly like to do in the future (data science, maybe) and this is the problem I got today:

Solve for X

4x + 8 = 7.2 + 5x

x= o_O

This is supposed to be the easy stuff. I don't remember doing any of it in school. Now I have to go through and find the right video. As long as you have YouTube you can do anything!

Except give anyone a root canal
Don't try doing that

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:D
I'm not back in school, but I have to relearn math for what I would possibly like to do in the future (data science, maybe) and this is the problem I got today:

Solve for X

4x + 8 = 7.2 + 5x

x= o_O

This is supposed to be the easy stuff. I don't remember doing any of it in school. Now I have to go through and find the right video. As long as you have YouTube you can do anything!

Except give anyone a root canal
Don't try doing that

LOL

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks!!! :D

It's some fraction close to half a percent, like .555 or something (I think), but you'd have to sit there and crunch numbers with a calculator and write it down until you arrived at it.

There's an equation I'm sure, but I never liked those either, Lol.

0.800 from what Mayflower sent, but I have to watch a video in order to get it. Confession: I have written steps blindness... seriously, I can't read things and get them. I'll sit there for an hour looking at it and then walk out of the room.

I ignored Professor Leonard on YouTube for the longest time because I thought I wouldn't take him seriously (he's young and he looks like a Clark Kent jock) but he turned out to be the only one that actually makes sense. Spent two weeks figuring one thing out and then got it in an hour.

Wait. This is cool-with-calculator math? I've been figuring things out in my head forever.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks!!! :D

0.800 from what Mayflower sent, but I have to watch a video in order to get it. Confession: I have written steps blindness... seriously, I can't read things and get them. I'll sit there for an hour looking at it and then walk out of the room.

I ignored Professor Leonard on YouTube for the longest time because I thought I wouldn't take him seriously (he's young and he looks like a Clark Kent jock) but he turned out to be the only one that actually makes sense. Spent two weeks figuring one thing out and then got it in an hour.

Wait. This is cool-with-calculator math? I've been figuring things out in my head forever.

Looked like a cool site. Im the same way.

Reactions: DuckieLady

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Math is and always has been one of my worst subjects. :confused: