"Free" Will

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Floyd said:
Thanks your reply JoJo; I cannot see why you take your position re freewill; but I can see that you are fixed on that opinion.
Just a departing shot: Satan wants you to think that way, and, he is at present the "prince of this world"!
Thank you again for caring!

Only a head's up, the "prince of this world" (Satan) had a biggggg problem waaaaaay back at the Cross, bound in hell till Rev.20:7, very soon.

I assume you believe in the Saving Grace of God in Christ Jesus?
I assume you believe in Christ's Deity?
Regards, Floyd.
Be watching for that Antichrist fellow, not Satan in his person, ie, his agencies. Now I'm even watching for him more intensely.

Old Jack that cannot help but to agape our Savior, the Godman Jesus

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
shturt678 said:
Thanks your reply JoJo; I cannot see why you take your position re freewill; but I can see that you are fixed on that opinion.
Just a departing shot: Satan wants you to think that way, and, he is at present the "prince of this world"!
Thank you again for caring!

Only a head's up, the "prince of this world" (Satan) had a biggggg problem waaaaaay back at the Cross, bound in hell till Rev.20:7, very soon.

I assume you believe in the Saving Grace of God in Christ Jesus?
I assume you believe in Christ's Deity?
Regards, Floyd.
Be watching for that Antichrist fellow, not Satan in his person, ie, his agencies. Now I'm even watching for him more intensely.

Old Jack that cannot help but to agape our Savior, the Godman Jesus

As I and others have said; Satan was not bound at the cross!
Regarding Anti-Christ; how can he begin his work,if Satan is bound; as Scripture is clear, his power is of Satan. This is not a question; it's to show you you are wrong!
I am disappointed in your obduracy Jack!
Floyd.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Floyd said:
As I and others have said; Satan was not bound at the cross!
Regarding Anti-Christ; how can he begin his work,if Satan is bound; as Scripture is clear, his power is of Satan. This is not a question; it's to show you you are wrong!
I am disappointed in your obduracy Jack!
Floyd.
Thank you again for your response again!

Oh come on now brother Floyd, I'm one of only a handfull that places oneself waaay under IITim.3:16, "refutable and correctable." If all were born with an "enslaved-will" then it would rationally follow that we find out what Scripturally God's will truly is, correct? Eg, in this case beginning with Lk.11:21, 22's simple transparent illustration.

Just relook at our Lord and Savior Godman Jesus Christ and the precious ol' rugged Cross, Lk.11:21, 22. Jesus had complete victory over Satan. Jesus came upon the personal Satan right in his own stronghold, and conquered him. You wouldn't want to be "He that is not with me," Lk.11:23, sort of thing would you?

Old Jack

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Robots......nothing but robots....mere human machines.........they only react with inputs from mere men.
Legends in their own minds.
satan sends out fishers of men also.

Ya know....at the moment.....who cares...who cares if Jesus isn't God.....and for a minute...who cares....who cares if their is no hell.

But what you should care about...........is just the plain old sense....called common sense that goes with the jw thinking....

All the other stuff they believe would make any man cringe....................

You would think, that all the other insane stuff they beleive.....would make them say..........wait a minute.........

This can't be right................blood transfusions, turning their backs on their parents, marrying in the clan, no more Christmas etc etc etc ETC

Sounds like total bondage..............and who is the king of bondage.....satan

the jw's..........always trying to make their point about Jesus not being God....on and on and on.........big deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not why we Christians are so much against your beliefs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S THE OTHER INSANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNE STUFF THAT COMES WITH IT.

That is why the door gets slammed in your face...........it has nothing to do with God.............nothing at all....

Even the heathens know more how a Christian should act than the Christian.

They look at the other insane things you believe in.
They even know.......a God would not be the way you claim Him to be...............come on......get the hell out of your trance....
and quit scaring people. Seriously..you look like complete fools.

You want love.........that was hard love.................do with what you will.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are born into bondage, we are born again into bondage. Bondage to sin, then bondage to God.

We have freedom of choice, yet we do not have a free will. When we choose we are bound to our desire...in such all our choices are lead by our greatest desire at that moment.

The will of God is the only will that is free. Martian Luther in his response to Erasmus titled "Bondage of the Will" put it as such "It now then follows, that "free-will is plainly a divine term, and can be applicable to none but the divine Majesty only; for He alone "doth (as the Psalm sings) what He will in Heaven and earth." Whereas, if it be ascribed unto men, it is not more properly ascribed, than the divinity of God Himself would be ascribed unto them: which would be the greatest sacrilege."

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
justaname said:
We are born into bondage, we are born again into bondage. Bondage to sin, then bondage to God.

We have freedom of choice, yet we do not have a free will. When we choose we are bound to our desire...in such all our choices are lead by our greatest desire at that moment.

The will of God is the only will that is free. Martian Luther in his response to Erasmus titled "Bondage of the Will" put it as such "It now then follows, that "free-will is plainly a divine term, and can be applicable to none but the divine Majesty only; for He alone "doth (as the Psalm sings) what He will in Heaven and earth." Whereas, if it be ascribed unto men, it is not more properly ascribed, than the divinity of God Himself would be ascribed unto them: which would be the greatest sacrilege."
I think in a Christian forum, it is best to support POVs with actual scripture. One man's (or woman's) opinion is no more valid than the next unless it is centered on God's Word.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
StanJ said:
I think in a Christian forum, it is best to support POVs with actual scripture. One man's (or woman's) opinion is no more valid than the next unless it is centered on God's Word.
I agree.
Floyd.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
Did you read the post?

Scripture is presented...

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
StanJ said:
You have effectively then deleted any paradigm affirming either Trinity or the Deity of Christ. In truth we get these from Creeds which are democratic (not in good sense) conclusions coming from later ECF'S who MISINTERPRETED the verses and gave themselves up to the temptations of Greek philosophy and reason.

Once the Council of Nicea established in frail form the deity of Jesus now having a common OUSIA with the Father, OTHER inferences made the Holy Spirit a third equal partner in God. This too was awry to the core of it.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
justaname said:

Perfect!

Acts4:28 & Eph.1:11 for openers.

Old Jack

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
The events of Josephs life depict the sinful will of men being manipulated by the righteous will of God for the good of his people.
We can see the life of the coming messiah in how Joseph's life plays out.

The brothers hated Joseph and were very jealous of him, their desires were sinful and they put their will against him and so did many others, from chapter 37 to chapter 50 mans will exposes God sovereignty.

Yes we can do as we please this is true, but Gods plan plays out still to this day, we see this in revelation, we have the choice, we can either be with God or against him, this is our will.
Matthew 12:30
"Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

We all have a calling, but its up to us to listen to it and follow it. Here it is for all men to see and hear
John 3:16
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

Jesus says (Matthew 24:37) "As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man."
We can see its going to happen, just as the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, just as Joseph was taken prisoner and rejoiced to be reunited with his brothers.

So it will be for us, our "Free Will" can never out play Gods Sovereignty, but our free will can lead us astray and away from God and salvation.

We are either going to listen to Jesus's call to get on the ark or we are going to drown with the rest of the world, this is the extent of our will.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Free will

[SIZE=14pt]One of the many major differences between mankind and angels, is humans will deny the existence of God Almighty, and also Satan. It is implicit that one element is common to both earthly and heavenly creation, [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]freewill[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]! It is therefore easy to understand that heavenly creation rejoices at the expulsion of such an adversary, after so long in their midst, and also in the knowledge that Satan's efforts will be short on earth. The question often asked by many over the years, is how could Almighty God allow Satan to exist after such rebellion, and even to be in His presence, to have place in heaven; and patrol earth (Job 1 and 2.) The answer undoubtedly lies in The Perfect Plan of Redemption, that only God could conceive, wherein the Perfect Love of God allows Satan to perform to his vile worst in heaven as well as earth after the Creation/Overthrow, all of which is observed by heavenly creation (Eph. 3:10.) Some argue that such a protracted process is wasteful, painful, and suffers great loss of life and environment. That is to miss the main point. It is of course easily possible for Almighty God to eliminate Satan. To do so however prematurely would not allow creation to see the depth of sin that Satan will eventually stoop to. Conversely, the Almighty will be seen by all creation to take the burden and result on Himself, in the form of Christ Jesus (Col. 1:20.) It is thereafter the response to Christ's death and suffering (in the place of all humankind,) which is the key to the individuals eternal destiny, on earth and also in heaven, in this Age, and eternity!

The main thrust for Satan's pernicious attention had been heaven's occupants and the tribes of Israel. Abraham was chosen by God! He was called "the friend of God," (Ex. 33:11, 2Chr. 20:7, Isa. 41:8, Jms. 2:23,) because his heart was against the idolatry of his father, and the nation Ur, which derived from Babylon! After Paul's declaration (Acts 28:25-28,) all the world's nations became the subject of Satan's attention; which showed in the Wisdom of Jehovah Zebaoth, that the failure of Satan at The Cross and the failure of Israel to accept Christ (Acts 28:26,) increased the eventual harvest for Christ / Jehovah. Most people on earth are fixated with their flesh life, which is natural enough. However, God has ordained that they are not content, and can only find rest, peace and understanding in Him, albeit in simple sincere trust, which most people find hard to give unless they encounter Christ, personally. Because all the efforts of Satan are eventually self defeating, and will be seen as such by heavenly and earthly creation, the Almighty in Christ will vanquish Satan, but not until heaven and earth have been reminded that Satan stands for deceit, destruction, suffering, and death, as opposed to the Love, Peace, Justice and Righteousness of Jehovah/Christ. After that reminder, Satan and his followers will be consigned to doom (Rev. 20:10.) All that remains for individuals at the present time (i.e. this Age) is to trust in God's work, in Christ Jesus. The timing of the above is in the hands of the Father only (Matt. 24:36,) and His timing is perfect (Matt. 5:48.) The perfect timing of God the Father means that Satan is defeated by perfect Love (a concept totally alien to mankind;) which means that Satan is defeated by Love, which is God (1 John 4:8-16!) Had Satan been destroyed at the time of his rebellion, none of the above could have come into play, and such action by the Almighty would have been seen by creation as dictatorial, and His plan of Love could not unfold to fruition. As the plan now unfolds, God will indeed be seen as Ultimate Love.
[/SIZE]

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Floyd said:
Free will

[SIZE=14pt]One of the many major differences between mankind and angels, is humans will deny the existence of God Almighty, and also Satan. It is implicit that one element is common to both earthly and heavenly creation, [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]freewill[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]! It is therefore easy to understand that heavenly creation rejoices at the expulsion of such an adversary, after so long in their midst, and also in the knowledge that Satan's efforts will be short on earth. The question often asked by many over the years, is how could Almighty God allow Satan to exist after such rebellion, and even to be in His presence, to have place in heaven; and patrol earth (Job 1 and 2.) The answer undoubtedly lies in The Perfect Plan of Redemption, that only God could conceive, wherein the Perfect Love of God allows Satan to perform to his vile worst in heaven as well as earth after the Creation/Overthrow, all of which is observed by heavenly creation (Eph. 3:10.) Some argue that such a protracted process is wasteful, painful, and suffers great loss of life and environment. That is to miss the main point. It is of course easily possible for Almighty God to eliminate Satan. To do so however prematurely would not allow creation to see the depth of sin that Satan will eventually stoop to. Conversely, the Almighty will be seen by all creation to take the burden and result on Himself, in the form of Christ Jesus (Col. 1:20.) It is thereafter the response to Christ's death and suffering (in the place of all humankind,) which is the key to the individuals eternal destiny, on earth and also in heaven, in this Age, and eternity!

The main thrust for Satan's pernicious attention had been heaven's occupants and the tribes of Israel. Abraham was chosen by God! He was called "the friend of God," (Ex. 33:11, 2Chr. 20:7, Isa. 41:8, Jms. 2:23,) because his heart was against the idolatry of his father, and the nation Ur, which derived from Babylon! After Paul's declaration (Acts 28:25-28,) all the world's nations became the subject of Satan's attention; which showed in the Wisdom of Jehovah Zebaoth, that the failure of Satan at The Cross and the failure of Israel to accept Christ (Acts 28:26,) increased the eventual harvest for Christ / Jehovah. Most people on earth are fixated with their flesh life, which is natural enough. However, God has ordained that they are not content, and can only find rest, peace and understanding in Him, albeit in simple sincere trust, which most people find hard to give unless they encounter Christ, personally. Because all the efforts of Satan are eventually self defeating, and will be seen as such by heavenly and earthly creation, the Almighty in Christ will vanquish Satan, but not until heaven and earth have been reminded that Satan stands for deceit, destruction, suffering, and death, as opposed to the Love, Peace, Justice and Righteousness of Jehovah/Christ. After that reminder, Satan and his followers will be consigned to doom (Rev. 20:10.) All that remains for individuals at the present time (i.e. this Age) is to trust in God's work, in Christ Jesus. The timing of the above is in the hands of the Father only (Matt. 24:36,) and His timing is perfect (Matt. 5:48.) The perfect timing of God the Father means that Satan is defeated by perfect Love (a concept totally alien to mankind;) which means that Satan is defeated by Love, which is God (1 John 4:8-16!) Had Satan been destroyed at the time of his rebellion, none of the above could have come into play, and such action by the Almighty would have been seen by creation as dictatorial, and His plan of Love could not unfold to fruition. As the plan now unfolds, God will indeed be seen as Ultimate Love.
[/SIZE]
This is good, well said.

Blessings :)

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Floyd said:

[/SIZE]

Thank you for caring again!

Only a head's up, ie, Satan personally was not only conquered, completely defeated at the Cross by the Godman Jesus.

Secondly, all things happen by God's necessity (Eph.1:11), and there can be no freedom of man as in "Free-will," ie, all have an "Enslaved-will" - individual's will and temporal choices can coexist with man's "Enslaved-will." There's only one call and is universal and identical for all men ergo Sola gratia, and cannot be rejected, however can be resisted (Matt.23:37).

Old Jack's opinion

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Madad21 said:
This is good, well said.

Blessings :)
Thanks Madad:
I wish all people would see this, and understand its nature, re. Salvation.
It is one of the truly great freedoms we have; as even in dire circumstances; IE Communist imprisonment in the past; and the growing persecution of Christians in parts of the world; our Lord will be a "Rock" to those who rely on Him, "even unto death" as Job so famously stated.
Floyd.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FREE WILL? Where do you read that? Is that biblical?

Tonight I will watch TV for awhile, go to bed at 10:00 PM and wake up at 7:00 AM in the morning. Fry two eggs, some bacon, toasts, and make a pot of coffee. After breakfast put on my golfing outfit and play golf, etc., etc., etc. Yes I have “free will.”

But in the things of God, especially “salvation” I have no free will. I am dead, that is “spiritually dead!” To understand this we must go back all the way to the creation of man;

When Adam was created not only was he given life, but that as long as he obeyed God, the potential to live forever was present, and that eternal life was possible through the spirit of Jesus.

Then came the test, and Adam who was a perfect being disobeyed God, I don't know the reason why anyone who had free will could disobey God but he did. The rest is history.

When Adam was thrown out from the Garden of Eden, God also took away from him the spirit of Jesus, thus Adam became subject to spiritual death. “The wages of sin is death.” The rest of humanity was infected with the sin of Adam and became subjected to “spiritual death.”

SALVATION AS SEEN IN THE RAISING OF LAZARUS

After telling Martha He is the resurrection and the life, Jesus arrives at the tomb of Lazarus and cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth.” Could Lazarus hear the command? No, he was physically dead! But Lazarus did come forth. What had to have happened? Jesus had to qualify him and reached into the tomb to give him life.

As Lazarus was physically dead so are we spiritually dead (impossible for us to understand spiritual things, unless given from above).

As Lazarus was physically deaf so are we spiritually deaf (our ears are dull in hearing the true Gospel).

As Lazarus was physically blind so are we spiritually blind (we cannot see the truths of the Bible).

As Lazarus was physically closed lip so are we spiritually dumb (we are incapable to speak spiritual things).

DID LAZARUS MAKE ANY KIND OF CONTRIBTION TOWARDS HIS RESURRECTION?
DID HE HAVE THE ABILITY TO ACCEPT OR DENY JESUS FROM RAISING HIM UP?
SO TOO, WE CANNOT MAKE ANY KIND OF CONTRITION TOWARDS OUR SALVATION, BECAUSE WE DO NOT HAVE THE POWER TO CHOOSE! JESUS ALONE DID THE WORK TO SAVE US.

All the miracles performed by Jesus we read about in Scripture were not only to show He is God, but also to show through those miracles man's condition that he is a reprobate creature.

Tell me, what part in the raising of Lazarus did Lazarus make a contribution of? None... not one iota... Zilch!

If we do not understand and accept that we are spiritually dead, I'm afraid many of us will have a rude awakening on Judgment Day.

To God Be The Glory

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Spritually dead...............Huh?
I was spiritually dead before I gave my life to Christ...........
Now I'm spiritually alive....HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PRAISE THE LORD :)

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please read the OP very, very carefully!

Each and every person in the world is subject to spiritual and physical death (as in Adam all die), before conversion.

How do you know you are alive just because you gave your life to Jesus? Is that the Gospel of Salvation of the Bible?

Apparently you have not read or understood Romans 3:9-12 where God's assessment of the human race is that there is none that seek after Him, no not one. If there are none that seek after God, how can you? Are you the only one who is privileged to do this?

Truthfully, the only way anyone can be saved is summed up in John 6:44:

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

The word “can” MEAN “power” this verse then can be read thusly: “No man “has the power” to come to me...”

The term “I gave myself to Christ” is a work that we do and is therefore contrary to Eph 2:9.

Do you still believe you are saved by works?

To God Be The Glory

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Excuse me.......clearing throat...........are you talking to me?

I kinda hope you are......................because I got the best answer in the world for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.