Freedom To Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It all comes down to the fact that, we are required after salvation to continue in the same faith and repentance (turning away from living willfully in sin) that we had when we were saved.
All of that content, but not an answer. I'll come back to it when I have a chance. If you read through the first dozen or a few more verses of Romans 8, you see two things being discussed, flesh and spirit. One is dead without Christ, the other is alive with Christ.

When you say we are "required to", this shift responsibility to your self for things God has told us are for Him. For instance, in 1 Corinthians 1, God tells us, Christ is made unto you righteousness, and sanctification. So, we can say, we are required to be sanctified, but what are we really saying?

Romans 12:2, "be transformed by the renewing of your mind", these are passive voice, you receive the result of this action. Shall we then say "you are required to renew your mind"?

Is saying that God is in charge of renewing our minds, I do not say our minds don't need to be renewed. And I don't say we don't play a part. Work (katergadzomai - perform a task) out your salvation with fear and trembling for it is God who works (ergon - do work) in you both to will and do what pleases Him.

Galatians 2:16 KJV
16) Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

This is a very interesting passage to me. We have believed In Jesus Christ, that we may be justified by the faith Of Christ.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then my friend... because you believe this.... you are then heading to hell... because you will NEVER EVER be good enough for Christ.

@Heart2Soul How come something like this is not considered condemning when encouraging people to seek more of Jesus is? Encouraging people to seek more of Jesus and not remain in complacency is considered demeaning? While saying someone is bound for hell for having a different theology is not?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Getting saved and born again then returning to the old sinful way of life, and thus not remaining in Christ, is the ridiculously clear meaning of believing in vain.

Scripture gives very clear illustrations of that by using the analogy of a dog that purged himself by vomiting, then eats the vomit again - and of a pig that was washed clean of the slime and muck from wallowing in the pig-hole, then jumped right back in it again.
How does empty believing result in salvation? I'd say James would have something to say about that.

The parable of the sower addresses this also. Only Word only bore fruit in the 4th soil. Someone with an empty faith never is in Christ, I think is the teaching of Scripture.

It sounds as though you are saying, "believe in vain" means to believe without lasting effect. I'm saying to believe in vain means to believe without ANY effect. An empty "belief".

Much love!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do You see me promoting a position? A Doctrine? A denomination?
Yes, your doctrine of faith is opposite of marks...when and where did you come to believe the way you do?
That you have specifically pointed out certain aspects of his and others beliefs is contending against their beliefs in favor of yours.
But that isn't the main point I was trying to make....simply be kind in responding. No one can see your tone of voice in texts so it is ever so important to choose your words wisely that allows you to express your beliefs without insulting anothers.
Now to make it clear....heresy and blasphemy of any kind is strictly forbidden. But differences of doctrinal beliefs is expected.

God Bless

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul How come something like this is not considered condemning when encouraging people to seek more of Jesus is? Encouraging people to seek more of Jesus and not remain in complacency is considered demeaning? While saying someone is bound for hell for having a different theology is not?
It is wrong to judge who is going to hell...only God can for He has reserved judgment for Himself and allows no other to do this.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do not insult the Spirit of Grace, as if you santify yourself by your "good works".

This is what you misunderstand and are misinformed on, I Do not sanctify myself, the Holy Ghost sanctifies us the Only thing we must be willing to do is repent when he shows us our errors, and allow him to do His work in us....
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have seen it mentioned today "Those Grace People" hahaha Probably quite fitting...DO we need motorcycles? or just deck chairs and umbrellas
Off topic....get back on topic.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.