Freedom To Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. Sadly... what occurs within Christian circles as we have all seen and witnessed is people fighting to KEEP the law... I will never understand this...
I think this is because of a fleshy appeal. The flesh wants to be in control, and this is one way, to persist in the belief we earn at least a part of our salvation.

And in pushing it on others, like what God said in Galatians, they want to glory in your flesh. Interesting thing to say, that! How is making you legalistic glorying in your flesh? Because that's where legalism pushes you.

And I can already hear an objection . . . "But I'm saying holiness! Do you deny holiness?" OR some such. So to be clear, attempting to be holy, obtain holiness as a means of becoming or remaining reconciled to God is simply legalism under another name.

Of course we are to be holy! Because we are reconciled, not so that we can BE reconciled. That is always the error of legalism. Thinking that our reconciliation to God rests in ANYTHING outside of our trust in Jesus' death and resurrection.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because your doctrine is promoting the sin of Complacency.
My doctrine is straight from the Bible. As I've shown and will continue to show.

And regardless, that does not excuse you maligning me.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is ok to address the topic but do not make your debate a personal insult of any member.....we are here to share our beliefs and present opportunities to discuss them in a spirit of love and humility.
Thank you.
God Bless
@David H. I have taken you off of ignore for just long enough to witness that you continue to disobey what you were warned against by STAFF ( the above quote was to you ) Your response to @Heart2Soul was very telling.... so I am going to call you out.... You are an ACCUSER of the BRETHREN... You do NOTHING but condemn and correct... You carry yourself in a manner that is truly offensive to GOD.... and you REFUSE to take correction yourself.

Reactions: HisLife

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My doctrine is straight from the Bible. As I've shown and will continue to show.

Your doctrine is based on half truths and scriptures torn out of context as I have shown you here that you refuse to see Your doctrine encourages complacency and denies the individual of the need for Spiritual growth because it assumes that if you have the word for a promise you have the promise, and you deny the process by which that promise is attained.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 9:13-15 KJV
13) For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
14) How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
15) And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Purge your conscience of dead works . . . put to rest the issue of the forgiveness of sins.

to serve the Living God . . . do we want to serve God? What allows this? What is the purpose of purging our conscience of dead works?

We settle in our minds that we are truly and wonderfully forgiven of our sins, and it's from this that we go on to truly serve God.

Things we do in our efforts to "get in God's good graces" are not spiritual.

Secondly . . .

By what means do we receive the promise? By means of satisfying the requirements of a Law? Rather, by means of death.

Will we add to that? Or allow it to speak to us "as is"? By means of death, and no other means.

Hebrews 9:16 KJV
For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

By means of Jesus' death. In Christ Alone.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your doctrine is based on half truths and scriptures torn out of context as I have shown you here that you refuse to see Your doctrine encourages complacency and denies the individual of the need for Spiritual growth because it assumes that if you have the word for a promise you have the promise, and you deny the process by which that promise is attained.

2 Peter 1:2-4 KJV
2) Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3) According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4) Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

A Promise is when someone commits themself to you, that they will do something.

God has given us exceeding great, exceedingly precious promises. There are so very many, it is so very hard to choose just one, let this suffice:

1 Corinthians 1:30-31 KJV
30) But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31) That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

By this promise you can partake of God's nature, you can escape from corruption. It's not bootstrapping. It's trusting.

In Christ God makes us wise, God makes us righteous, God makes us holy, God redeems us. All this is in Christ alone, that we will glory in Christ alone.

God Himself declares that He Himself does this. And we rely on this truth. That is trust.

So where is it that think Christians who trust in God's promise somehow fail to grow? What gives you that idea? What is it about walking in a full liberty of trust and love, that this somehow communicates to you . . . What DOES it communicate to you?

What is your issue with walking in liberty in trust and love? Do you think it doesn't work? That's not trust.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And You are sick individual with some serious victim issues that I pray the LORD gives you the courage and strength to overcome someday. When you start to grow Spiritually one day you will discover there is not just suppression of those issues via medication but there is also healing in Spirit. This response will probably "trigger" You, like it did at the last forum.

@Heart2Soul

Reactions: HisLife

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A Promise is when someone commits themself to you, that they will do something.

God has given us exceeding great, exceedingly precious promises. There are so very many, it is so very hard to choose just one, let this suffice:

1 Corinthians 1:30-31 KJV
30) But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31) That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

By this promise you can partake of God's nature, you can escape from corruption. It's not bootstrapping. It's trusting.

In Christ God makes us wise, God makes us righteous, God makes us holy, God redeems us. All this is in Christ alone, that we will glory in Christ alone.

God Himself declares that He Himself does this. And we rely on this truth. That is trust.
YES... YES... and again YES.... These promises are so AMAZING.... and so IMPORTANT for us to DIGEST.... and SATURATE ourselves in...
It is by HIS promises and assurances that we are able to with faith get through the difficulties that come our way.

Your words are like breath to me... How BLESSED we are that God's word actually FEEDS us.... SATISFIES us... HEALS us... and REDEEMS us...
It just makes me want to DANCE... LOL

Reactions: marks and HisLife

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My Froggy friend is here.... SHOW THYSELF @HisLife

iu

Reactions: marks

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 9:13-15 KJV
13) For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
14) How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
15) And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Hebrews 10:26-32

As I said you pick and choose what verses back up your complacency and ignore the ones that cause action to occur in our Spiritual journey.

Like the example used to @Heart2Soul of a doctor who never stops learning we too should never stop growing Spiritually, to do so is to become barren and fruitless or as Jude describes it "twice dead".

Take the time to read James 4:1-10, and walk this path and you will receive more of His grace And more of the riches of His grace and more of Jesus.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
My Froggy friend is here.... SHOW THYSELF @HisLife

Yes well.... hey buddy not sure it was worth popping in....Well done my friend you really are quite patient, The guy is doing what he always does and the reason he got kicked off the last forum, I reported him

Reactions: marks

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes well.... hey buddy not sure it was worth popping in....Well done my friend you really are quite patient, The guy is doing what he always does and the reason he got kicked off the last forum, I reported him

Yes I know who you are...
What's wrong with you? what happened to you? What changed, Do you know who I am

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes I know who you are...

Good So what happened, I followed you for about a year you posted Good stuff often real good stuff, You got involved with a few...Pharisees, and then like overnight you turned so nasty, now all I see you do is sow discord and accuse the brethren, wanna talk about what changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.