Freedom To Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
On a lighter note... We have had a terrible storm here... hail... busted branches falling on roads.... losing power three times in 18 hours... the full meal deal... I have never heard such loud thunder in my life... and the sky.... BLACK.

and BB refuses to recognize that my sand is pretty... unlike TUNDRA. @HisLife

Reactions: marks

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know how it can be that so many do not like us.... WE are FUNNY and FUN... I don't get it...:confused:

Reactions: marks

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm thinking.... deck chairs... BBQ.... Worship music... and maybe some of those lantern thingys...

iu

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
On a lighter note... We have had a terrible storm here... hail... busted branches falling on roads.... losing power three times in 18 hours... the full meal deal... I have never heard such loud thunder in my life... and the sky.... BLACK.

and BB refuses to recognize that my sand is pretty... unlike TUNDRA. @HisLife

Sounds like normal weather in Nz in the middle of winter haha, No going to the beach today then? The bonus is you get to stay inside and talk to nice people in here, I think the Catholics want you to stop ignoring them, they have a lot to try and tell you as well, should full your gloomy day with delight

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sounds like normal weather in Nz in the middle of winter haha, No going to the beach today then? The bonus is you get to stay inside and talk to nice people in here, I think the Catholics want you to stop ignoring them, they have a lot to try and tell you as well, should full your gloomy day with delight
BE STILL THY mouth....

Reactions: HisLife

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just wait till you hear my singing....We are not alowed Pizza Tho right?
NO pizza allowed... because apparently pizza comes with condemnation... The pizza sermon.... oh my goodness... that was funny.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good So what happened, I followed you for about a year you posted Good stuff often real good stuff, You got involved with a few...Pharisees, and then like overnight you turned so nasty, now all I see you do is sow discord and accuse the brethren, wanna talk about what changed?

Pharisees are one thing and I will always contend against the legalist, But I see a greater danger coming with the complacency that fundamentalism textualism brings. I Have seen very little of the Hebrew roots legalism here, and much of the complacency and lack of Spiritual growth. For me what broke the camels back over there was the vehement opposition @Gideons300 received from the textual fundamentalist, that is when I really began to see the extreme danger of some of the fundamentalism I strongly believe in myself. That is when I began to see the half truths of my own position and for whatever reason i was able to receive Gideons words as being from God while the rest of the fundamentalists there went on a tirade against him. Then in the process of moderation over there i come to find out the true nature of the moderators over there, they being wolves in sheep's clothing One of which is not a Christian and the Other one who is and claims to be a former pastor (Shepherd) is incapable of seeing a deadly deceiver in their midst. They, and particularly the former pastor was afraid to even speak with me, while the other would censor my posts and make them devoid of conviction which the Holy Ghost instructed me to write in them and as a result I shook the dust off my feet of that place.

I Come here and when i see that same sort of complacency begin to take down the diverse voices in the church I have to respond accordingly as the fundamentalist textualist is the one group that hinders the unity of the Spirit the most.... not that they're view has no place in the unity of the Spirit, but that their in built fear of anything that is not dictated by their scribes cannot be received, such as the unique Holy Spirit led view of @Gideons300 Which much like what I am preaching here causes Spiritual growth over complacency.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you thinking that you will qualify for 'heaven' by ceasing from sinning?

Much love!

You have it backwards - you disqualify yourself if you live sinfully as a believer, which is exactly how Paul put it in his many warnings to not to let OSASers deceive us with the message we can live like hell, and still make it to heaven.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Hebrews 10:26-32

As I said you pick and choose what verses back up your complacency and ignore the ones that cause action to occur in our Spiritual journey.

Do not count Jesus' blood as some unholy thing, to which you need to add some greater holiness, some other sacrifice, something more by which you would count yourself accepted by God.

Do not insult the Spirit of Grace, as if you santify yourself by your "good works".

But if you are correct . . . that the willful sinner is forever condemned, then all are condemned, and you have condemned yourself.

Although, in keeping with the rest of this letter to the Hebrews, this portion is again speaking about the superiority of Jesus Christ over the covenant of Law, and it's Levitical Sacrificial system.

You can't go back and offer a sheep or a goat after you've come to know about Jesus. And by extension, you cannot go back to legalism in the face of Jesus' grace.

Once we accept His complete forgiveness we can begin to serve in the way He intends, from a free and open heart filled with His love, doing nothing for vain conceipts, thinking we are earning anything from Him. What do we have that we do not receive?

Your complaint is that this promotes complacency, but my assertion is that this is the one true path to experiencing the freedom from sin which Jesus has already accomplished in us.

We are crucified with Him, freeing us from sin. Yet we are told to reckon ourselves dead to sin, and alive to God - why? Because it doesn't make sense, or it doesn't seem true, because we are so used to life different from that. And so our minds need to be renewed, so we can go on to reckon ourselves dead to sin, and alive to God. By choosing to trust this is true, that we are alive to God, and dead to sin, then we walk in that truth, experiencing in our lives the reality of what Jesus did for us on the cross.

Much love!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have it backwards - you disqualify yourself if you live sinfully as a believer, which is exactly how Paul put it in his many warnings to not to let OSASers deceive us with the message we can live like hell, and still make it to heaven.

WE are all sinners... every last one of us... If you are claiming that it is possible to be sinless... then you are a liar... Scripture states
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one. ~Romans 3:10

You are either under law or under grace... you cannot pick and choose which laws you desire to keep... you are bound under the entire law... which means... you are going to hell...

AGAIN... this accusation that OSAS'ers promote and embrace as you put it... "living like hell".... NO where within this thread will you find one of us supporting or encouraging sin.... It is actually the opposite... we are REPORTING and TESTIFYING that as we come to LOVE CHRIST... more and more... we are sinning LESS... so that is ANOTHER LIE....

This makes you also then.... AN accuser of the brethren.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So does that mean you aren't sinning?

The whole, "live like hell" thing, who says that??

Then there's "make it to heaven", I'm curious of your views of justification, and our death and rebirth in Christ.

Much love!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does Romans 8 define what it means when it says, "walk after the flesh"?

It does. How?

Much love!

It’s called studying the scriptures, all of them on a subject, not isolated proof texts - and it’s very easy to find where Paul defines what walking in the flesh means, along with the the penalty of doing that, of not entering heaven, such as below where He contrasts walking in the spirit , same phrase as in Romans 8:1, with works of the flesh.

Gal 5:16 This - I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Gal 5:18 But IF ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Gal 5:19 Now the WORKS OF THE FLESH are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell YOU again, as I have also told youin time past, that they which DO such things shall NOT inherit the kingdom of God.

Sexual sins of adultery and fornication are first on the list of works of the flesh, and it’s evident in scripture that living a lifestyle of sexual sins makes a believer Gods enemy:

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is - LIFE -and peace.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is ENMITY against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

IN Verse 8:7 above, Paul warns above, that having a carnal mind is ENMITY against God, meaning you actually become Gods ENEMY.

James agrees:

Jas 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is ENMITY with God? whosoever therefore will be a FRIEND OF THE WORLD is the ENEMY of God.

The next verse makes clear that the warning against living a lifestyle of sexual sins is to the BRETHREN:

1Th 4:3 For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality;

1Th 4:4 that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor,

1Th 4:5 not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God;

1Th 4:6 that no one transgress and wrong his BROTHER in this matter, because the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as we told you beforehand and solemnly WARNED you.

1Th 4:7 For God has not called us for impurity, but in holiness.

1Th 4:8 Therefore whoever disregards this, disregards not man but God, who gives his Holy Spirit to you.

It all comes down to the fact that, we are required after salvation to continue in the same faith and repentance (turning away from living willfully in sin) that we had when we were saved.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It all comes down to the fact that, we are required after salvation to continue in the same faith and repentance (turning away from living willfully in sin) that we had when we were saved.
All sin is willful.... You have some really strange beliefs going on here.... Keeping yourself all clean and respectable before God.... so that you can please him.... YUCK!!! It doesn't work... it's striving... and it is based on SELF.... .GRACE on the other hand is all about HIM... our focus... our devotion our praise and gratitude... is all for HIM... and because of HIM.... HE is the CAN of our CAN'T.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WE are all sinners... every last one of us... If you are claiming that it is possible to be sinless... then you are a liar... Scripture states
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one. ~Romans 3:10

You are either under law or under grace... you cannot pick and choose which laws you desire to keep... you are bound under the entire law... which means... you are going to hell...

AGAIN... this accusation that OSAS'ers promote and embrace as you put it... "living like hell".... NO where within this thread will you find one of us supporting or encouraging sin.... It is actually the opposite... we are REPORTING and TESTIFYING that as we come to LOVE CHRIST... more and more... we are sinning LESS... so that is ANOTHER LIE....

This makes you also then.... AN accuser of the brethren.

Grace is not a license to sin.

Paul makes clear that AFTER we have been saved, there is still a continuing conflict between our wanting to walk in the flesh, (that wants us to live in sin), per Romans 7 - and our desire to walk after the Holy Spirit that now dwells in us - and Paul warns that choosing to live in sins (works of the flesh), will keep us out of heaven, in Romans 8, among many other scriptures:

If we as believers choose to walk after the flesh, and live carnally, we will die spiritually - but if we choose to walk after the spirit, we will have everlasting life:

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded isDEATH, but to be spiritually minded isLIFE and peace.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind isENMITY against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Verse 8:7 Paul warns above, that having a carnal mind is ENMITY against God, meaning you actually become Gods ENEMY.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If we as believers choose to walk after the flesh, and live carnally, we will die spiritually - but if we choose to walk after the spirit, we will have everlasting life:
Then my friend... because you believe this.... you are then heading to hell... because you will NEVER EVER be good enough for Christ.

The thought of even trying to BE good enough for God is absolutely revolting.... Grace teaches us that we have PERMISSION to boldly enter the Throne ROOM... because of HIS GOODNESS.... I do so on a daily basis to PRAISE and WORSHIP CHRIST.

Why is it that I have NEVER heard a legalist talk about JOY.... or Worship... or Thanksgiving??? It's always about hell and damnation.

If you will notice the GRACE people... LOL When they get together... they sing... laugh... shout for JOY... talk about how GOOD GOD is. There is something wrong with what the legalists are trying to pawn off... The fruit is bitter...

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can start with this one.

In your view it seems that to "believe in vain" means that someone has believed, and been saved, but have become unsaved.

Believing in vain would be to have an empty and meaningless belief. How is such a person born again? If they say they believe, but it means nothing to them?

"By which also ye are saved, IF - ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have BELIEVED IN VAIN."

Believing in vain does not yield salvation.

Your thoughts?

Much love!

Getting saved and born again then returning to the old sinful way of life, and thus not remaining in Christ, is the ridiculously clear meaning of believing in vain.

Scripture gives very clear illustrations of that by using the analogy of a dog that purged himself by vomiting, then eats the vomit again - and of a pig that was washed clean of the slime and muck from wallowing in the pig-hole, then jumped right back in it again.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just LOVE it when someone "get's it"!

:)

they hardly need to be taught, when they do, don't they? =D
and those that don't - it's like you have to laboriously show them step 1 over and over =\

Status
Not open for further replies.