Friend of God and a Son of God, what's the difference?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I agree with "from the context of the present moment," but "before Pentecost?"

Are we not saved in eternity past before the foundation of the world? Or, have I misunderstood your comment?

As I understand "born of women" the term means "human race." That is, amongst the human race, "there has not risen a greater than John the Baptist, because he was given the privilege to announce Jesus as "the Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world!"

Your comments will greatly be appreciated.

To God Be The Glory
All of human history could be divided as being before or after Pentecost. Which is the moment delineating when people could be born of the Spirit. This is when people could become sons or daughters of God.

As for John the Baptist I number him with the old testament saints. Jesus did go to preach to them in Abraham's bosom, to preach about himself, and that is when many people noticed them rising from the dead. They were likely given a new spirit at that time.

Do we humans even exist in eternity past before the foundation of the world? That verse only requires God's foreknowledge to choose us.

It is also possible that by the Spirit our spirit is brought into an eternal existence that makes us pre-existing. But I can think of no further scriptural support for that.

I'm not too focused on the born of women aspect of Jesus' statement and how that is distinct from being born of the Spirit, just something I noticed.

I don't think John the Baptist was greatest because of what he had done as John the Baptist, but also accounting for the deeds of the spirit of Elijah, which had also been given to Elisha.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we humans even exist in eternity past before the foundation of the world? That verse only requires God's foreknowledge to choose us. It is also possible that by the Spirit our spirit is brought into an eternal existence that makes us pre-existing. But I can think of no further scriptural support for that
I don't mean to sound argumentative, but how can we reconcile the above with Ephesians 1:3-5 which reads:

3 Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [places] in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will.

To God Be The Glory

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I don't mean to sound argumentative, but how can we reconcile the above with Ephesians 1:3-5 which reads:

3 Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [places] in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will.

To God Be The Glory
God's foreknowledge allows him to know all things, even before they happen.

Isaiah 46:10
Matthew 6:8

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can respond to whatever posts I want to respond to. I know that’s hard sometimes, believe me. I am myself learning how to deal with difficult people. So just consider me a difficult person God sends to you sometimes to teach you something.
Or maybe it is YOU who is in need of learning something.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Josh 24:15
Did you not tell me that your desire is to stop discussions with me but when you think you have a person over a barrel you will respond? I see you are capable of bearing false witness. As usual, your responses, at least to me, are still in errors.

Most Christians "think" they have the capacity to choose for God, yet unbeknown to them, they must read Joshua 24:15 in light of the following verses:

Romans 3:9-11:
9 What then? are we better [than they]? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

If there is none righteous, who will choose after God? NONE, NADA, ZILCH, ZERO!

Jesus said, "You have NOT chosen me, but I have chosen you...." John 15:16

And, John 3:16

Sorry, you are in a denomination that teaches heresies. Flee while it is still possible. Today is still the day of salvation!

Last edited: