Friend of God and a Son of God, what's the difference?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptural support please
Ephesians 1:1-6 reads:

1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2 Grace [be] to you, and peace, from God our Father, and [from] the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [places] in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This verse says NOTHING about them being in heaven. Is not the Kingdom of Heaven to be on earth?
If you want to split technical hairs to uphold a particular view it will never end and your view becomes the measure of truth, not the scripture or the utterances of Jesus.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Bill, we're ALL children of God. And if you want to get technical, we're actually all children of Jesus. After all. Jesus did create everything according to Colossians 1.

In the spiritual sense. The elect are referred to as "Sons of God". The Old Testament patriarchs are not referred to as such. They were "friends of God." The elect were adopted as sons. (Eph 1:5)

RR
There is a distinction sir, the Bible states God created everything, and Jesus was the master craftsman. Jesus is never referred to as the creator sir. May I ask how you get Bill from Robert sir?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Common sense, alright. Only those who are born again will do Father's will and angels are ministering spirits who obeys Father's will. Big difference. you see.

You may be able to explain away false doctrines and one of them is the disbelief of the deity of Jesus. YOU are greatly mistaken, however!

Colossians 1:16-17 reads:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Since we are not allowed to discuss the diety of Jesus on this site, I would appreciate it if you keep your opinions to yourself Jun

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since we are not allowed to discuss the diety of Jesus on this site, I would appreciate it if you keep your opinions to yourself Jun
Did I touch a nerve??? Why will a Christian Site disallow discussing the deity of Jesus if Jesus is the main central figure in the Bible? Even the owners of this site labeled their forums "Christian (of Christ) Forums" Does it not suggest to you that these forums follow the teachings of Jesus Christ?

WHY THEN WOULD THE OWNERS OF THIS SITE DISALLOW DISCUSSIONS OF
THE DEITY OF JESUS WHO IS THE CENTRAL FIGURE???

Does not make sense!!! Does not compute!!!

In my opinion, CB should disallow those denominations that teach the heresy "Jesus is not God," since CB proclaim this site to be a Christian (of Christ) Forum!

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This verse says NOTHING about them being in heaven. Is not the Kingdom of Heaven to be on earth?
You are in contradiction. The Kingdom of Heaven IS in heaven and NEVER will it be in this sin-cursed earth! Did you not read that God will destroy this universe at the end? 2 Peter 3:10

To God Be The Glory

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are in contradiction. The Kingdom of Heaven IS in heaven and NEVER will it be in this sin-cursed earth! Did you not read that God will destroy this universe at the end? 2 Peter 3:10

To God Be The Glory
He's gonna destroy the universe??? Really??? What scriptural support do you have for that??? And where's everybody going to go? Float around in nothingness???

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did I touch a nerve??? Why will a Christian Site disallow discussing the deity of Jesus if Jesus is the main central figure in the Bible? Even the owners of this site labeled their forums "Christian (of Christ) Forums" Does it not suggest to you that these forums follow the teachings of Jesus Christ?

In my opinion, CB should disallow those denominations that teach the heresy "Jesus is not God," since CB proclaim this site to be a Christian (of Christ) Forum!

To God Be The Glory
Because those are the rules. NO debating the Trinity on this forum. We didn't make that rule up, the admins of this site did. Take it up with them

RR

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He's gonna destroy the universe??? Really??? What scriptural support do you have for that???
Why are you so surprised? Didn't you read the accompanied Scripture referral?
And where's everybody going to go? Float around in nothingness???
No! After God destroys this universe, He is going to create a New Heaven and a New Earth where the believers will float to and froe as you've said, between heaven and earth (Revelation 21:1-2).

Just curious, according to your commentaries, how well do you know the contents of the Bible?

To God Be The Glory

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To God Be The Glory

To God Be The Glory
Why will a Christian Site disallow discussing the deity of Jesus if Jesus is the main central figure in the Bible?
Exactly!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He's gonna destroy the universe??? Really??? What scriptural support do you have for that??? And where's everybody going to go? Float around in nothingness??
Sorry you lack reading posts very well, especially post #28 with scriptural reference in it!

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who did Jesus say God is sir?
Do you always answer a question with a question? Or, is it because you have no answer? Or, are you evading the question altogether? LOL

BTW, did Jesus ever say that He is Not God? With all the "I am" He said in Scripture, wouldn't you agree that Jesus IS God? For He said in John 8:24, "if ye believe not that I am [he], ye shall die in your sins."

But most importantly, as Philip, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. concluded to say about Jesus in John 20:28, "My Lord and my God!"

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because those are the rules. NO debating the Trinity on this forum. We didn't make that rule up, the admins of this site did. Take it up with them

RR
Yet at the end of this page you will find the word "Trinity" in the thread titled, "The Trinity: Best Friends Yesterday, Today and Forever" suggesting that the forum do allow debating the subject of the Trinity.

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet at the end of this page you will find the word "Trinity" in the thread titled, "The Trinity: Best Friends Yesterday, Today and Forever" suggesting that the forum do allow debating the subject of the Trinity.
Then by all means start a thread on the Trinity and let's see what happens.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you always answer a question with a question? Or, is it because you have no answer? Or, are you evading the question altogether? LOL

BTW, did Jesus ever say that He is Not God? With all the "I am" He said in Scripture, wouldn't you agree that Jesus IS God? For He said in John 8:24, "if ye believe not that I am [he], ye shall die in your sins."

But most importantly, as Philip, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. concluded to say about Jesus in John 20:28, "My Lord and my God!"

To God Be The Glory
As a matter of fact yes. Did you never read:
Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, For a good work we stone thee not, but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, ye are gods?
Joh 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came (and the scripture cannot be broken),
Joh 10:36 say ye of him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am [the] Son of God?
Joh 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

This conversation is finished sir.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did a few years back and if I'm not mistaken, the thread was about over six hundred posts long.

And if you're right, it's because today in Christendom, it is about tolerance!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a matter of fact yes. Did you never read:
Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, For a good work we stone thee not, but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, ye are gods?
Joh 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came (and the scripture cannot be broken),
Joh 10:36 say ye of him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am [the] Son of God?
Joh 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
WOW! Are you equating yourself to be the Son of God (spelled with a little "g"?) To tell the truth, I'm not surprised!!!
This conversation is finished sir.
To you it might be but as long as there are people like you, I will keep telling the Gospel truth for I don't wish anyone to end up in hell.

To God Be The Glory