Friend of God and a Son of God, what's the difference?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now how is that fair???
We’re in another mans house. He, and those he appoints to mod positions can make rules for any visitors to his house. He bought and paid for it after all.
Youre a man. I’m sure you will understand.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would Jesus come for sinners if he had already predestined them to an eternity of torture?
BECAUSE God in His "love and mercy" for the reprobates will NEVER send any sinner to eternity of torture. People go to hell bacause they are sinners and in need of a savior. Hell is a condition, rather than a place for torture, as most people think! Sinners will be destroyed after Judgment Day and will exist no more.
Matthew 9:13 esv
Go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.’ For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”
I guess you've never read Romans 3:10, 12 which reads:

10) As it is written, "There is none righteous, no, not one."
12) "....there is none that doeth good, no, not one (no exceptions).

Therefore, to understand Matthew 9:13, you must first read and understand Matthew 9:12!

To God Be The Glory
And that's why they will need to be refined in the great crucible that we know as the "Lake of Fire". God refines us, in this world as well as in the hereafter. There are numerous verses that describe God as a refiner and we are what is being refined, constantly. Our refinement will be finished after we die.
I beg to differ. You sound like a catholic who believes in "limbo." A child of God is refined at the moment he is given eternal life (John 6:47-54).

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God throws them out forever like garbage?
Your language. NOT God's!!! I guess you've missed the point of the first sentence I wrote in post #63.

God is the creator and He can do anything He wishes to those who disobeys Him. If NOT for His "love and grace" yes, He should send sinners to hell to be tortured in eternity.

My God is full of love and mercy, and is greater than your god which you have created in your mind!

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We’re in another mans house. He, and those he appoints to mod positions can make rules for any visitors to his house. He bought and paid for it after all.
NOT IN THESE FORUMS! This is a "Christian" forum and any Christian can make comments to any post, but NOT be abusive.

To God Be The Glory

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOT IN THESE FORUMS! This is a "Christian" forum and any Christian can make comments to any post, but NOT be abusive.

To God Be The Glory
Okay, have it your way. Go break the forum rules four or five times and then see how far that argument gets you when they ban you. :rolleyes:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't that a little extreme?
If you want to answer my quote, don't quote me half way. I said, "If NOT for His "love and grace" yes, He should send sinners to hell to be tortured in eternity."

Is that too extreme when God's command is violated?

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, have it your way. Go break the forum rules four or five times and then see how far that argument gets you when they ban you. :rolleyes:
If I am banned for defending and speaking the truth, so be it.

John 10:31-32; 37:
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

To God Be The Glory

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Back to the subject. Jesus said no one born of women was greater than John the Baptist, but the least in the Kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

If we are looking at relationships with God I would have to say John the Baptist qualified as a friend of God or more back then. Even though he was his uncle, I don't think Jesus would recognize him as the uncle of God.

The sons and daughters of God are the ones to inherit the kingdom. So they are the ones greater than John the Baptist.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sons and daughters of God are the ones to inherit the kingdom. So they are the ones greater than John the Baptist.
John the Baptist, of course, is one also who will inherit the kingdom, for he too is a son of God.

What about Matthew 11:11 which reads:

"Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he."

Can you expound on the above verse? How can the least in heaven greater than John? Doesn't John not stand on the same ground with believers?

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
John the Baptist, of course, is one also who will inherit the kingdom, for he too is a son of God.

What about Matthew 11:11 which reads:

"Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he."

Can you expound on the above verse? How can the least in heaven greater than John? Doesn't John not stand on the same ground with believers?

To God Be The Glory
I believe Jesus was speaking of John from the context of the present moment before Pentecost.
It may also be that by qualifying with "born of women" Jesus was already considering those born of the Spirit when he said this.

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that, just saying someone can say Jesus is God and that's okay, but someone who doesn't believe Jesus is God can't discuss it with him. This is a forum after all, and dialog should be had on any scriptural/doctrinal issues.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can respond to whatever posts I want to respond to. I know that’s hard sometimes, believe me. I am myself learning how to deal with difficult people. So just consider me a difficult person God sends to you sometimes to teach you something.
I do not serve your god maam

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Jesus was speaking of John from the context of the present moment before Pentecost.
I agree with "from the context of the present moment," but "before Pentecost?"

Are we not saved in eternity past before the foundation of the world? Or, have I misunderstood your comment?
It may also be that by qualifying with "born of women" Jesus was already considering those born of the Spirit when he said this.
As I understand "born of women" the term means "human race." That is, amongst the human race, "there has not risen a greater than John the Baptist, because he was given the privilege to announce Jesus as "the Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world!"

Your comments will greatly be appreciated.

To God Be The Glory