From Saint to sinner, is it possible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im not sure what you’re trying to say.
Stay planted in all the teachings of JESUS . that is all i can say to all .
IF we simply learn the biblical version of JESUS loving that VERSION , being hearers and doers
of His teachings by the SPIRIT GOD has planted into the hearts of those who beleive in the name of HIS SON
THEN we will grow wise indeed . Stay well planted in HIS teachings and later the apostels who by the SPIRIT
would expound upon .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The devil's gospel is this.......>"works"

God's Salvation is..>"Christ on the Cross".

They are not the same.

Do you understand what im saying now?
Not quite my friend . FOR GOD himself , JESUS Himself , the apostels themselves often spoke of doing good works .
What you mean to say is , THINKING ONE can establish his own righteousness by these deeds , NOW THAT IS TRULY BAD AND DEADLY NEWS .
All must be done THROUGH FAITH IN HE WHOM GOD HAS SENT . TRUSTLY ONLY IN HIM .
That if you will confess with the mouth the LORD JESUS and shall believe in your heart that GOD has rose HIM from the dead
YOU SHALL BE SAVED . Now let all continue IN THAT FAITH . AND of course if one is like i once
was and could mouth lip it , yet my fruit , my works proved i was dead and had dead faith , cause i held to my sin
WELL their faith is as dead as mine once was .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The devil's gospel is this.......>"works"

God's Salvation is..>"Christ on the Cross".

They are not the same.

Do you understand what im saying now?

So you are saying that…learning the obedience of an unshakable trust is a work by which you are trying to save yourself…? It’s the devils gospel…?

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Has anyone read Ez. 18 lately? I think the prophet tells us that even a righteous man can sin and if he remains unrepentant then He too will die the second death. He also tells us that a person destine for the Lake of fire, can upon repentance, gain ever lasting life and not die if he continues in living a righteous life.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You missed something that it’s too important not to miss, because everything rests on it. You said, “saved by God thru grace if we repent.”
You left out the trust (faith) part. And the repent part, you are seeing in a somewhat crooked way, from what I can see. Bear with me here, I think I have some help.

I think you see repent as “be very sorry for your sins.” If you are born with a sin nature (and you were), what is the point of being very sorry for what you were born as? That’s not something you had any control over. And you will never have control over your nature except by growing in trust in God to see to it. Leopard can’t change his spots.

So first, we are saved by the kindness and power (grace) of God, through trust (faith.)
Everything good God has for you will be imparted to you and done to you and in you and for you through trust. That’s it. No more complicated than that. It’s not imparted through worry, but through trust. Trust.

Repent means: turn to God in trust. So for your purposes, it means: to turn back to trusting God again whenever you find yourself in worry. Worry over money, health or whatever your particular besetting worry and anxiousness is. Whatever is not of trust is sin. (It’s a verse.)

If you have to return to trust (repent) 10 times a day, just do it. That’s your only job. He will let you struggle with trust in order to grow your trust. Just keep turning back to trust (repent.) This IS the warfare. You are saved through your trust, you are kept through your trust, He grows your trust through pressure put against your trust (the same as a muscle only grows if it meets with pressure and resistance.) There is nothing more precious than your trust (It’s a verse.)

If everything God has for us comes only through our trust of Him, what do you suppose the enemy will attack? What’s the one thing your enemy does not want to see grow, increase or be clung to by you? All good comes to you through trust, so it’s obvious it’s what he will attack. And he does attack it and we sink down into the mud of worry instead of trust like a dog returning to its vomit. And once we see the warfare IS over our trust, we make great progress.

After you have struggled and grown in trust and insisted on firm trust and learned the obedience of trust, He will strengthen, confirm and establish you. (Its a verse.)

Faith means trust. That’s your only job. That’s the race. That’s the warfare. Everything other than trust is just noise and distraction. Trust when you like what’s happening, trust when you don’t like what’s happening.
I think when Jesus told us to repent, he was telling us to change our spots.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just as a leopard can't change it's own spots, neither can we change ours - but God can and does when we repent and turn to Jesus. That's the point at which we start to be reformed by the renewing of our minds.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as a leopard can't change it's own spots, neither can we change ours - but God can and does when we repent and turn to Jesus. That's the point at which we start to be reformed by the renewing of our minds.
We can repent.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can be washed clean thru the blood of Christ. To remove the defilement we created when we sin. It is part of the sacrament. It talks about it in revelation:

Revelation 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Robes being souls or something to that effect.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tsk. It means to change your mind, to rethink, based on new information.
It’s a renewing of how we think, an aligning of the mind to how God sees things.
It’s basically to agree with God.
But just agreeing with God, for example, to change my mind to agree with God that to even have anger in my heart is murder, does not give me the power to never have anger in my heart. Even Paul spoke on this.

Reactions: Lambano

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s a renewing of how we think, an aligning of the mind to how God sees things.
But just agreeing with God, for example, to change my mind to agree with God that to even have anger in my heart is murder, does not give me the power to never have anger in my heart. Even Paul spoke on this.
I think "repent" means to stop sinning.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tsk.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repentance often involves works meet for repentance as we're taught in the scriptures.

Matthew 3:8-10

8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

In AA meetings that is bringing the message to people still addicted to alcohol, drugs, sex etc. Proclaiming the good word of recovery.

In the church that means similar. We teach people the gospel and deliver the good message. We cloth the naked, feed the hungry, etc.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I couldn't find the exact quote, but it goes something like this:

"Repentance is agreeing with God who you are, who He is, what you've done, and what needs to change. Repentance isn't changing; it is God's methodology for changing us."

I had my doubts about this definition when I first heard it (and I still do), but time and experience have given me a different perspective on it, that this is not just a passive "I'll keep doing what I'm doing and wait for God to fix it" definition of repentance.

Last edited:
Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bob, I sure hope that's not what it means. That puts the focus of our trust on our own ability to stop sinning, rather than on God's grace, mercy, forgiveness, and love.

I'm talking about both external sins that others can see and internal sins of the heart that only God can see, such as pride and arrogance, envy, self-centeredness, sexual lust, desire for material things, a lack of love and compassion for others, etc. See Mark 7:20-23. These are the root-cause of all the external sins.

So, we base our trust for our salvation on our ability to stop sinning. Then when we fail and we commit the same sin, who do we have left that we can trust?

Last edited:

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I have been told that OSAS is the lot for every Saint, but is it also not possible for a saint to fall in the twinkling of an eye from Saint to Sinner?
Screenshot_2022-02-27-13-22-31-39.jpg
2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
Screenshot_2022-02-27-13-19-30-23.jpg