"fruit" of the Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I will share. I've been developing the fruit of the Spirit of love more as I've been sacrificing things I want for others like my loved ones and those I care about. I have some or quite a lot or much more peace than before and God might complete it after I get off my medications as I see potential in something natural and safe to take later. I feel I have the fruit of longsuffering. I would say I am kind and have the fruit of kindness. I'm always trying my best as a Christian so I should have the fruit of the Spirit of goodness and faithfulness to God. I am generally gentle so I should have the fruit of the Spirit of gentleness but I have to work more on self-control. I have been feeling unwell for about 2 weeks now and am scared it might be something serious but I really feel it's because of really having had a lack of exercise long-term that got me to this point and uncomfortable feeling on my chest and having a change in appetite to feel like I have to eat really healthy so I have been doing about an hour and half exercise since this Monday to today so I'm low on joy (fruit of the Spirit of joy). I still feel joy though when I'm eating and drinking healthy things and when I stretch and exercise and do things I like but my symptoms are taking most of my joy away right now.​

What about all of you? Anyone want to share?

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What about all of you? Anyone want to share?
It has been many years since I became a Christian - born again - and I have trusted God to transform me by the renewing of my mind. For a long time I was unable to see much change in myself. But although some changes happen immediately there also some that take time to show any difference in our lives. We must trust God to know what he is doing with us and be willing to be changed. A few months ago as I was eating grapes I compared the fruit of the spirit to the bunch of grapes in my hand. Most of the grapes were grape sized and ripe but in amongst those there were others that were pea sized and not ripe, I have even seen smaller ones even that that on a bunch of otherwise good grapes. And the way the fruit of the Spirit develops in us is like the grapes - some grow full and ripe before others, but the others are there too waiting there time to grow to their correct size and ripeness. So it isn't good to be constantly checking out our own or other peoples' fruit because we all grow at different rates. If you look closely at the picture you can see that not all the grapes ares the same size.

1692880007182.png

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It has been many years since I became a Christian - born again - and I have trusted God to transform me by the renewing of my mind. For a long time I was unable to see much change in myself. But although some changes happen immediately there also some that take time to show any difference in our lives. We must trust God to know what he is doing with us and be willing to be changed. A few months ago as I was eating grapes I compared the fruit of the spirit to the bunch of grapes in my hand. Most of the grapes were grape sized and ripe but in amongst those there were others that were pea sized and not ripe, I have even seen smaller ones even that that on a bunch of otherwise good grapes. And the way the fruit of the Spirit develops in us is like the grapes - some grow full and ripe before others, but the others are there too waiting there time to grow to their correct size and ripeness. So it isn't good to be constantly checking out our own or other peoples' fruit because we all grow at different rates. If you look closely at the picture you can see that not all the grapes ares the same size.

View attachment 35855
I think differently, I think it's good for me to be checking on my fruit of the Spirit developing in God's hands and throughout time but we shouldn't judge each other because God is the one who develops us at His timing. I like writing it down and looking back, it can be encouraging. Sorry I shouldn't have said "working on" but "develop" as it's God who is developing us and we are to walk in the Spirit. I also wonder just to get to know others in comparison to me or just to get to know others I just wondered which fruit of the Spirit they've been developed in and which are not so developed or whatever so if anyone else wants to share.
Note: I did not intend to put my writing in the quote. I quoted my op to see what all the fruits of the Spirit were and then I deleted inside it and my writing on the outside below the quote transferred into the blank quote and also bolded up so that's why my post #21 is like that.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think differently, I think it's good for me to be checking on my fruit of the Spirit developing
I agree, but I did say not 'constantly checking'. We do need to look back occasionally and see how much we have grown - a bit like how kids like to be measured against a wall or door post to be able to see and measure their growth.

As to what you are asking about personal development I would say that patience has been a bit of an uphill struggle but I'm getting there and love is another iffy area. It seems to come and go but it's there when needed but not something I necessary feel all the time - except for my family and friends.

Reactions: MatthewG