Fruit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

evotell

Nov 13, 2007
Red Deer
www.solutionslifecoaching.ca
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus said that "we will be known by the good fruit in our lives" NOT WHETHER OR NOT WE BELIEVE CORRECTLY.

After the crucifixion the followers of Jesus believed many different things, as they still do. In the end do we really believe that Father God cares what we believe, do you think He's going to reject people because they have some different view than you or I, NO. If if he would then He's a tyrant. Jesus called people to follow Him.

Being a disciple is about following Him NOT about having your doctrine in order. I have been following Him for 36 years, and my doctrine is still all over the map and evolving. Christianity didn't fall out of the sky as a completed package it evolved and is still evolving. There are lots of things I believe and some I dont. Like I've said in other posts I dont believe in Hell, the literal interpretation of the Bible, the Virgin Birth or Original Sin, my life is about following Him not having all my ducks in a row.

Just finished reading Love Wins by: Rob Bell GREAT BOOK

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said that "we will be known by the good fruit in our lives" NOT WHETHER OR NOT WE BELIEVE CORRECTLY.

After the crucifixion the followers of Jesus believed many different things, as they still do. In the end do we really believe that Father God cares what we believe, do you think He's going to reject people because they have some different view than you or I, NO. If if he would then He's a tyrant. Jesus called people to follow Him.

Being a disciple is about following Him NOT about having your doctrine in order. I have been following Him for 36 years, and my doctrine is still all over the map and evolving. Christianity didn't fall out of the sky as a completed package it evolved and is still evolving. There are lots of things I believe and some I dont. Like I've said in other posts I dont believe in Hell, the literal interpretation of the Bible, the Virgin Birth or Original Sin, my life is about following Him not having all my ducks in a row.

(John 3:15-16) (John 3:18) (John 5:46-47) (John 8:24) etc. etc.

Yes, those who do not believe in Jesus Christ will be rejected by the Father. There is nothing wrong with a tyrant if the tyrant is God. Jesus Christ will be sole dictator during the Millennium. I would have it no other way.

If your life was about following Jesus Christ you would not mock His statements about the necessity of believing in Him. Your statements make you or Jesus Christ a liar. Guess Who I am believing.

Stranger

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our so called fruit will not buy a person into Heaven. Only faith in the shed blood of Jesus on the cross will do that.

evotell

Nov 13, 2007
Red Deer
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Our so called fruit will not buy a person into Heaven. Only faith in the shed blood of Jesus on the cross will do that.

What was the question that the Rich young ruler asked Jesus? "What must I do to inherit eternal life" Are you assuming that means heaven? Eternal life doesn't mean heaven. Could I suggest that you stop believing the doctrines of men. We will only understand what the Bible says when we understand who it was written to and what they understood by the words that were spoken. Eternal Life DOESN'T mean heaven.

evotell

Nov 13, 2007
Red Deer
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
(John 3:15-16) (John 3:18) (John 5:46-47) (John 8:24) etc. etc.

Yes, those who do not believe in Jesus Christ will be rejected by the Father. There is nothing wrong with a tyrant if the tyrant is God. Jesus Christ will be sole dictator during the Millennium. I would have it no other way.

If your life was about following Jesus Christ you would not mock His statements about the necessity of believing in Him. Your statements make you or Jesus Christ a liar. Guess Who I am believing.

Stranger

WOW, that's a pretty screwed up picture of a loving God, it says more about you and your concept of love than it does God.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was the question that the Rich young ruler asked Jesus? "What must I do to inherit eternal life" Are you assuming that means heaven? Eternal life doesn't mean heaven. Could I suggest that you stop believing the doctrines of men. We will only understand what the Bible says when we understand who it was written to and what they understood by the words that were spoken. Eternal Life DOESN'T mean heaven.

Open your eyes. I do not think much of man's ideas (doctrines) about salvation and it is obvious in all my writings. I am a Bible believer and my faith is in what it says about Jesus' work on the cross. Salvation is the work of God on the cross. Man's religion is, IMO, anti-christ.

You said, "Could I suggest that you stop believing the doctrines of men" Perhaps you should follow your own advice. Look, if you want to get personal I can do that too.

When the man spoke he was under the law of Moses. Today, under grace, we are not under the law of Moses. It is clear in Hebrews that the law could not save anyone but the religious still insist that we are under the law. Okay, stay there if you wish but Jesus' had a hidden gospel of grace waiting for the Jews to make their rejection of Him complete. That happened in 70 AD.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW, that's a pretty screwed up picture of a loving God, it says more about you and your concept of love than it does God.

No, it is the correct picture of God who is love, and righteous and just. What is screwed up is you. If you were a follower of God, and Christ you would not mock the words of Christ concerning the necessity of believing in Him.

What it says about me is that I believe what the Bible says. What it says about you, is that you don't. And you want to cast doubt on the Bible that it is the Word of God. You have made statements that are contrary to what Christ has said. That makes you a liar in my book.

Stranger

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's good to see you are making adjustments to your line. You had first come with claims of your own superior doctrine - so this is good!

I would have to say that "belief" is required by God. But indeed, "what we believe" certainly can be wrong and not held against us. As that pertains to "fruit", certainly, being wrong in what we believe would definitely decrease the amount of fruit, and in some cases even create a deficit (disservice). So the possibilities range from us potentially helping the devil, to not helping at all, to helping God. For this very reason, we should seek the truth, so that we are actually doing some good.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am not sure how to respond, because I don't want to be viewed as HOSTILE Or toxic. Do not get me wrong: I don't believe having true doctrine is the end all to salvation or pleasing God. I do, however, believe it is necessary. And I am growing tired of those who don't understand its importance.

I have a hard time with oortions of this. While I believe it is of utmost imoortance to have truth in doctrine, I also understand that that such is impossible to achieve totally. The best I can come up with in terms of understanding is that we must avcept what truth is given to us and not harden our hearts to it.

Again... I am not sating simply knowing the truth is all there is. I am saying that if you are given the truth and understand it to be the truth, yet don't walk in that truth... Meaning embrace it and let it guide you.... Its a problem.

I do have a question evotell: you mentioned the good fruits in our lives. Are these fruits of the flesh, fruits of the spirit or something else altogether?

evotell

Nov 13, 2007
Red Deer
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not sure how to respond, because I don't want to be viewed as HOSTILE Or toxic. Do not get me wrong: I don't believe having true doctrine is the end all to salvation or pleasing God. I do, however, believe it is necessary. And I am growing tired of those who don't understand its importance.

I have a hard time with oortions of this. While I believe it is of utmost imoortance to have truth in doctrine, I also understand that that such is impossible to achieve totally. The best I can come up with in terms of understanding is that we must avcept what truth is given to us and not harden our hearts to it.

Again... I am not sating simply knowing the truth is all there is. I am saying that if you are given the truth and understand it to be the truth, yet don't walk in that truth... Meaning embrace it and let it guide you.... Its a problem.

I do have a question evotell: you mentioned the good fruits in our lives. Are these fruits of the flesh, fruits of the spirit or something else altogether?
There fruits of both, but mostly the spirit

Reactions: FHII

evotell

Nov 13, 2007
Red Deer
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Love the Avtar, its amazing you look just like Clint Eastwood. :D

Reactions: FHII

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There fruits of both, but mostly the spirit
I agree. But the fruits of the flesh don't matter. They are wonderful, but plenty of atheists have fruits of the flesh. As good as that is... Well... They don't matter too much unless you believe you don't have to take Christ seriously.

As for the fruits of the spirit... Well, I am at a disadvantage because I gotta use the Bible to define what that is.

And false doctrine isn't included.

Albert Finch

Apr 13, 2009
Houston, Texas USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must constantly seek to understand what God wants us to become (our DESTINY). (Matthew 7:7)
We have been promised, "He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus" (Philippians 1:6).
As long as we desire to be like Him, His rebuke will be a door into His presence and our DESTINY in Christ.
When we get a vision from God, we step out to do something with it that will bear the fruit Jesus requires (John 15:8). We are not like the wicked and lazy servant who can't see beyond himself. (Matthew 25:24-30)

CALLED TO BE SALT AND LIGHT

Philippians 3:14 - "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

A season of trials is a SEASON of promotion. You will triumph if you don't quit because God only allows you to face what you are prepared to face with Him. But, if you're in a season of trials, God is offering you a promotion.
Why is it necessary to move from glory to glory? The reason is because in every SEASON of glory, we experience a new order that God brings to our lives as we mirror His image to a greater extent.
Beware lest your sense of unworthiness becomes a smokescreen for unbelief! Even now, the Holy Spirit is descending, hovering, and brooding over you. Shake yourself from the depression in which circumstances have kept you! You are standing at the threshold of God's glory!

We can control the PASSION and INTENSITY with which we live our lives. To get the fruitful life that God has purposed for us, we must go out on a limb away from the ordinary and complacent.

Behold, it's time to stop hiding behind walls of fear (What if such and such happens?); it's time to stop hiding behind walls of doubt (It'll never happen); it's time to stop hiding behind walls of disappointment (It didn't happen).
Winter has passed. Rise up and come away!