Fulfillment of the law, and coming of Christ.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You apparently haven't understood anything I've said.
But if you are sure that you have, the way I can know that is if you read back to me in your own words what my argument is.
Please do that so I can see if you understood my argument.

Oh yeah, I well understood what you said, and I have backed you in a corner, and now you're trying to find a way out.

God gave Abraham the Promise by Faith, not by the law. You cannot bring any idea of the law into it, no matter how hard you try. The reason is because Abraham did NOT apply any act of law when he believed God, and God counted Abraham's faith as righteousness. You should study Galatians 3, because God did not give Israel the law unto 430 years after He gave Abraham the Promise by Faith, which is SAME Faith those in Christ Jesus have believed, according to Apostle Paul.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this helps Ferris, I will summarize it, but I can provide a more detailed account if you need it. The prophecy found in Daniel Chap 9 about 70 weeks to finish off sin is a prophecy about the coming of the Messiah/Christ. The time starts with "the going forth of the word to restore and rebuild Jerusalem", then there would be 69 weeks to the Messiah (v9). We believe that decree happened in 455 BCE in the 20th year of the reign of Artaxerxes (Neh 2:1, 5-8). 70 weeks came and went with nothing happening, so we believe those weeks to be weeks of years. The 69th week (483 yrs) came in 29 CE, when Jesus became the Messiah at his baptism. His ministry was 3.5 yrs and he was cut off in the middle of that week (v27) thus finishing off sin in the year 33 CE, on Pentecost of that year holy spirit was poured out on Christs disciples thus the new covenant went into force at that point, but the law would remain in force till the end of the week, or the year 36 CE when the first uncircumcised gentile Cornelius was recorded as becoming a Christian under the covenant, thus ending the gathering of the anointed from fleshly Israel. All God's people from that point had to obey the law of the Christ from that point on.

Hope that makes sense Ferris.
Thank you. I will digest this and get back to you if I have questions.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yeah, I well understood what you said, and I have backed you in a corner, and now you're trying to find a way out.

God gave Abraham the Promise by Faith, not by the law. You cannot bring any idea of the law into it, no matter how hard you try. The reason is because Abraham did NOT apply any act of law when he believed God, and God counted Abraham's faith as righteousness. You should study Galatians 3, because God did not give Israel the law unto 430 years after He gave Abraham the Promise by Faith, which is SAME Faith those in Christ Jesus have believed, according to Apostle Paul.
Okay, now that I see you did not understand what I was addressing, just explain to us what 'justification' is and what it means in regard to the fulfilment of the law, the fulfillment of the law that Jesus said he came to do - Matthew 5:17.