Fun Facts About You

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha..you hit me while I am down LOL

Hey, forget back flips. I am just so happy that I have not fallen down this week.
Last week I fell once...the week before it was THREE times...not a good habit to cultivate!!

So backflips no...but I AM now walking heel to toe in a straight line , and then backward heel to toe along the line ( tiles in our kitchen) plus I stand on one foot and count 30 sec and then the other,and a few more BALANCING exercises.. :rolleyes:
So staying upright is now my goal...
Sadly 'they say' that when we were young we climbed trees, walked on walls, played leap fog , did cartwheels etc...but now in later life we are not doing so many cartwheels or climbing quite to many trees. :D The brain just turns off the " I need balance" neurone..and it goes to sleep.
I am now in the act of turning it on again!!
They also say that as we age we do not pick up our feet enough when we walk. ( True, as much of my problem with falling is that I trip. Lazy feet)
I think I am a couple of years older than you John (75) ...so watch out...start taking a few seconds to stand on each foot for a while without wobbling.
And if you have tiles or lines in your kitchen " walk the tightrope" ...both forward and then backward without wobbling!! We need those old neurones to be woken up.
The outer man fails, but the inner man is renewed day by day... :)
My wife was very unbalanced for quite a long time before her recent back surgery. She has had many falls in spite of being very careful. I've been more fortunate in having had only one hard fall. I stubbed my toe on something and down I went, but other than sore knees, I had no lasting adverse result. I am slow and I easily get out of breath, but my balance generally is very good. My wife regularly leans on me or takes my hand for support when she needs to go anywhere. I have never been an athlete. My only reasonably good skill in that direction was tennis and with the shortness of breath that one went away. I am blessed with that which I do have, a good balance and a good wife.

Last edited:
Reactions: tabletalk and Helen

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been playing fantasy baseball and football for so many years, I forget how old I am
I use to play strat-o-matic before that

Reactions: FHII

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been playing fantasy baseball and football for so many years, I forget how old I am
Did you also forget that your birthday is today? If now you say that it's not, it might explain why you are not remembering how old you are? Oh, never mind me. I've probably had one birthday too many.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always said that if my birthday turns out to be a different day than I always celebrated, then I would just give in and
"party some more"!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was a big time player of fantasy football and loved it. However, I loved too much... Riding to Church on Sundays reading rotoworld trying to decide which 2nd string running back to start was just too much! But it was fun.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I enjoy working Night shifts. Been doing it for 5 years now and I'm so used to sleeping in the day and working at night. The negative side affects however, includes sleeping through beautiful sunny days when I could be down at the beach having a barbie with my family and friends...

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sitting here in my Sukkah. It has power, lighting, WIFI and a grill next to it. The wind keeps blowing the branches off, though. LOL

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One 'fun fact' about me is that...I am not much fun really...I was always a thinking type of child..and in adulthood too...think far too much. :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We had a couch at home when I was growing up and I use to lay down on it and hope that one day, my feet would touch the bottom of that couch...I did but I am still relatively short.....

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
..good one @Angelina ..one of my first memories was laying on my grandmas couch, facing the back.. and hearing the big grandfather clock ticking, while my mother and grandma clicked at their needles while knitting and talking in together in whispers... I was about age 3. :)

B

brakelite

I moved away from my home town at 23 and returned 18 months later a Christian. Upon my return everyone asked me "where had I been? The police were looking for you!"

Reactions: Helen and Angelina
B

brakelite

Another interesting fact...in the early 70s I was a surf life-saver in NZ. At our HQ we had just installed a new shark alarm. One morning about 6am I went for a swim as there was a big surf running, and there was with me another clubmate who was training on his surf ski. He went in first and I saw him in front of the clubhouse washing down his ski. Then he disappeared I presumed for a shower. 5 minutes later I hear this very loud whistle/siren/type sound...I hadn't heard the new alarm before and when you are alone in the surf, well, one gets just a mite paranoid. I ran on top of the water all the way to the beach and found my mate doing what I thought he was doing all along...showering. So I nonchalantly asked him if he had heard a siren just a few minutes ago. "Yes " he replied. A train whistle. I thought to myself, Okay, time to go to work anyway.

Reactions: Angelina