FYI- DENOMINATIONS / CREEDS / Who is your faith in ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
This is the type of thread / subject matter that grabs my attention.

I’ve been posting on internet discussion forums since the mid-90’s. To the best of my recollection, this is the first OP I’ve seen that consists of 21 posts. You covered a LOT of ground.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you @Matthias

There is so much bandied about by ppls religions or faith and their denomination.

I thought a little info might be in order.

Feel free to add any information that gives ppl and idea where folks are coming from.

Reactions: Matthias

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hated to copy but screenshots work better than having to type all that information. I hope it does inform ppl.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I hated to copy but screenshots work better than having to type all that information. I hope it does inform ppl.

It should. The posts are a little long, but not too long. I think people will read them. (I did, and I typically don’t read, write or respond to long posts.) What they do with what they read is, as always, up to them.

You put a lot of thought into it. Fwiw, I commend you for your effort.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It should. The posts are a little long, but not too long. I think people will read them. (I did, and I typically don’t read, write or respond to long posts.) What they do with what they read is, as always, up to them.

You put a lot of thought into it. Fwiw, I commend you for your effort.

Thank you again. I've been reading post and finding things that are probably unknown to many.

Words, beliefs, theology, doctrine ect get used as if we all know what's being said, I had never heard of Peshitta, so I assumed neither had others.

Just a couple weeks.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d

As regards manuscript evidence for Scripture, which is indeed overwhelming, it would seem that the path of faith would surely reside in a text preserved within the totality of the evidence, rather than in the supposed sanction of a particular church tradition which - again supposedly stands above Scripture and conferring on it exclusive authenticity on behalf of a church.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I apologize in advance, this next will be long. Remember this is an FYI THREAD. THANKS.

It's a comparison of the churches, doctrine, belief and practices.