Garb in the Churches

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So it's a widely known and widely used means of expression for faith tattoos among young Christians especially.
Adopting pagan practices which are favored by criminals is not an expression of faith in Christ. Maybe faith in the god of this world. Russian criminals, Latino gangsters, and evil bikers love tattoos. And most tattoos which I see have some kind of demonic or satanic display (including pentagrams). This one is called "the evil eye".
upload_2019-4-11_10-59-20.png

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Adopting pagan practices which are favored by criminals is not an expression of faith in Christ. Maybe faith in the god of this world. Russian criminals, Latino gangsters, and evil bikers love tattoos. And most tattoos which I see have some kind of demonic or satanic display (including pentagrams). This one is called "the evil eye".
View attachment 5877
...and the one the young lady that my wife and I talked to had John 3.16 in full on her wrist area.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@"ByGrace" wasn't talking about tongue rings; she was talking about earrings, LOL...

I can think of nothing worse than having something in my tongue all the time.
I don't even like having the tiniest of ulcers on my tongue ..or even something caught between my teeth which drives me half mad. :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I can think of nothing worse than having something in my tongue all the time.
I don't even like having the tiniest of ulcers on my tongue ..or even something caught between my teeth which drives me half mad. :)
Although a lot of young ppl do get tongue rings inserted, you weren't talking about tongue rings being benign; you were talking about putting earrings in! doing it, it feels part of you.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Re opening post.

I would love to even want "fancy clothes".
My adult children give me money for birthdays, mothers day etc to buy myself 'fancy clothes'...I go out, I look at the stores, and say to myself. "I am not paying that much for a blouse ." I just can't.

Maybe if I was an out front and centre person like the popular preachers are, I'd think differently. I dress nicely, but not expensively.

They don't have to spend all that money on expensive clothes and and gold.
Where have the old preachers gone who used to open in prayer saying.

"Lord, hide me behind the cross, don't let them see or hear me, let them only see and hear YOU."

Those days have gone!! :oops:
These people seem to 'get-off' being in the limelight. Sad says.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Re opening post.

I would love to even want "fancy clothes".
My adult children give me money for birthdays, mothers day etc to buy myself 'fancy clothes'...I go out, I look at the stores, and say to myself. "I am not paying that much for a blouse ." I just can't.

Maybe if I was an out front and centre person like the popular preachers are, I'd think differently. I dress nicely, but not expensively.

They don't have to spend all that money on expensive clothes and and gold.
Where have the old preachers gone who used to open in prayer saying.

"Lord, hide me behind the cross, don't let them see or hear me, let them only see and hear YOU."

Those days have gone!! :oops:
These people seem to 'get-off' being in the limelight. Sad says.

When in government I hated the cost of clothes.

Now I am content to wear sweat pants and shirts until they fall apart.

My wife inherited some very expensive jewelry, which she never wears. Always afraid of a thief and how gaudy it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So do you and your son ever discuss your tattoo design preferences that you each have?

No we don't talk about it as he's had it for years. And I don't have a tattoo. What made you think I did?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was talking about the 'preferences' that you have, rather than the 'tattoos' that you have. :)

No we don't talk about that either. When he comes to visit we usually talk about family and what he's been up to. Do you have children?