GEN 1:1-2 SPEAKS MORE THAN CREATION!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A little more information is required as to the source of this event reference so that i can identify the actual question that you are asking.
I was not asking any thing specific. I asked if you ever have compared Abraham and Hammurabi or Nimrod and Marduk.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was not asking any thing specific. I asked if you ever have compared Abraham and Hammurabi or Nimrod and Marduk.

Since you have not provided any further information so that I can answer your question, I will ask if this Google search has provided the information needed to base any response on with respect to Hammurabi: -

Search Results
Web results

Hammurabi - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Hammurabi

Hammurabi ( c. 1810 – c. 1750 BCE) was the sixth king of the First Babylonian dynasty of the Amorite tribe, reigning from c. 1792 BCE to c. 1750 BCE He was ...
Known for‎: ‎Code of Hammurabi
Title‎: ‎King of Babylon
Died‎: ‎c. 1750 BCE middle chronology (modern...
Born‎: ‎c. 1810 BCE; Babylon
Code of Hammurabi · ‎First Babylonian dynasty · ‎Samsu-ilun

If this is the historical person you are wanting to compare with Abraham, then from my understanding, when using the information provided by Wikipedia, I can state that they were not living at the same time. Abraham lived 2150-1975 BC - and died around 150 years before Hammurabi was born.

On the other hand, the Oral Tradition of Israel suggest that Abraham and Nimrod were contemporaries in that Abraham's life overlapped Nimrod's life during the latter portion of Nimrod's life. This tradition suggests that Nimrod caused bot Terah and Abraham to Flee from Ur as Nimrod wanted to kill them both. They both probably also left Ur to ensure that Haran's estate passed to his son Lot and not to Haran's chief steward as was the custom at that time.

Wikipedia also suggests that Maruk was the name of a "god" of Babylon.

But I am sure that you already knew all of this.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you have not provided any further information so that I can answer your question, I will ask if this Google search has provided the information needed to base any response on with respect to Hammurabi: -

Search Results
Web results

Hammurabi - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Hammurabi

Hammurabi ( c. 1810 – c. 1750 BCE) was the sixth king of the First Babylonian dynasty of the Amorite tribe, reigning from c. 1792 BCE to c. 1750 BCE He was ...
Known for‎: ‎Code of Hammurabi
Title‎: ‎King of Babylon
Died‎: ‎c. 1750 BCE middle chronology (modern...
Born‎: ‎c. 1810 BCE; Babylon
Code of Hammurabi · ‎First Babylonian dynasty · ‎Samsu-ilun

If this is the historical person you are wanting to compare with Abraham, then from my understanding, when using the information provided by Wikipedia, I can state that they were not living at the same time. Abraham lived 2150-1975 BC - and died around 150 years before Hammurabi was born.

On the other hand, the Oral Tradition of Israel suggest that Abraham and Nimrod were contemporaries in that Abraham's life overlapped Nimrod's life during the latter portion of Nimrod's life. This tradition suggests that Nimrod caused bot Terah and Abraham to Flee from Ur as Nimrod wanted to kill them both. They both probably also left Ur to ensure that Haran's estate passed to his son Lot and not to Haran's chief steward as was the custom at that time.

Wikipedia also suggests that Maruk was the name of a "god" of Babylon.

But I am sure that you already knew all of this.
Yes, I have read a lot more on this than just short Internet blurbs.

I was just curious if you had.