Gen 1 compared to Gen 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Watching You tube video of professor describing God. He pointed out that he asked his wife, who was Jewish, how many Gods were there. Her response was “there are many gods (spirits) but only one LORD God”.When LORD God is used in the Old Testament, we translate it as

Jehoveh God. eh-ho-vaw'

(the) self Existent or eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God: - Jehovah, the Lord.

Knowing this, let’s compare a few scriptures:

Gen 1:1-31 God and only God mentioned, so this is not speaking of LORD God in Gen 1.

God in Gen 1 is still the God all mighty that we call on today, but to the Jews Gen 1 does not speak of LORD God (covenant God) of the Jews.

Now, in Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

We are in day 7 in the day that the LORD God made the earth and heavens. In the OLD Testament heaven and earth referred to a place where man and LORD God did meet. It was the place that Jacob wrestled with an angel.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

LORD God formed man, wasn’t created but formed and he had living soul (Holy Ghost)

Gen 2:15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

This man, that LORD God formed, was put in a garden, a place to grow vegetables. He wasn’t told to go into all the earth.

Gen 2:20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field;

Cattle and beast of the field, would be domesticated animals and birds.

but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

A help meet that LORD God went searching for Adam had to be one of the females created in Gen 1.

So the LORD God made he a woman and took her to Adam.

Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Adam was the son of LORD God.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
At first Adam and Eve had a walking and talking relationship with God. After they sinned they did what all sinners do, try to hide from God.

Which contradicts what you said in your opening post.
" In the OLD Testament heaven and earth referred to a place where man and LORD God did meet. It was the place that Jacob wrestled with an angel."

God and Adam met and walked and talked together in Eden.

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which contradicts what you said in your opening post.
" In the OLD Testament heaven and earth referred to a place where man and LORD God did meet. It was the place that Jacob wrestled with an angel."

God and Adam met and walked and talked together in Eden.

It was also where the temple was built, in Jerusalem. God no longer meets at that temple. It was destroyed completely. Sin did that.

By the way, how far back does your linage in England go? Just wondering.

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It was also where the temple was built, in Jerusalem. God no longer meets at that temple. It was destroyed completely. Sin did that.

By the way, how far back does your linage in England go? Just wondering.

The temple was destroyed because there was no longer any need for it.

Linage, no idea.

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Gen_6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Wait a minute, who were the daughters of men and where did that come from?

Daughter's of men can only be from creation of man in Gen 1, if not how come they are not called daughters of God. This was the final truth that I saw, even though I could not believe two different men had be created, since Adam was not created, he was formed.

In study of hermeneutics every different word that has been translated from Hebrews has a different meaning. Created and formed are two different words.

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had always been told that the sons of God were angels. But then i saw-
Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had always been told that the sons of God were angels. But then i saw-
Correct, the sons of God are not angels, but humans. and the sons of God in Genesis 6 are the offspring of Adam before he sinned while in the garden, and before he had Cain and Able outside the garden.

PICJAG.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lineage is what I meant. Just wondering if your family might be a part of early Christians since it shows you live in England.

How does one determine just what the actual believes were of those who are dead?

Once one goes back past the 20th century all births, deaths and marriages were recorded in the state church, which assumed if one was baptised and confirmed that one was a Christian.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will address several of your misconceptions below:
God in Gen 1 is still the God all mighty that we call on today, but to the Jews Gen 1 does not speak of LORD God (covenant God) of the Jews.
Genesis chapter 1 is an OVERVIEW of creation, whereas Genesis chapter 2 focuses on God's relationship with Adam and Eve. Therefore we simply have Elohim (GOD) is the first chapter, but "Yahweh Elohim" (LORD God) in the second chapter. That shows God's relationship to man. So your conclusion above is false.
We are in day 7 in the day that the LORD God made the earth and heavens.
Since day 7 was a 24 hour day, this is totally incorrect.
In the OLD Testament heaven and earth referred to a place where man and LORD God did meet. It was the place that Jacob wrestled with an angel.
Both these ideas are totally false. God met with Adam and Eve within the Garden of Eden, which was located in what is now Iraq. And that is not where Jacob wrestled with the angel.
LORD God formed man, wasn’t created but formed and he had living soul (Holy Ghost)
Now you are contradicting Scripture by saying that man was not created but formed. Please note: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. (Gen 1:27)
This man, that LORD God formed, was put in a garden, a place to grow vegetables.
While there were vegetables in Eden, it was essentially an orchard, with both fruit trees and herbs. In other words every kind of plant which was edible was placed there.
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat [food]. (Gen 1:29)
He wasn’t told to go into all the earth.
That is true since why would he want to go into all the earth when he had the most amazing garden ever created? But MANKIND would eventually go into all the earth.
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. (Gen 1:28)
A help meet that LORD God went searching for Adam had to be one of the females created in Gen 1.
NOW THIS IS TOTAL NONSENSE as we can see from Genesis 2.
Adam was only the son of God in the sense that he was a DIRECT CREATION of God. God has only one "only-begotten" or "uniquely begotten" Son of God, who is Jesus.

As you can see, you are seriously misunderstanding Bible truth. You need to be learning from those who are conversant with the Bible (and not on the Internet or You Tube either).

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not saying that any is right or wrong,but Lord shows "OWNERSHIP". so by making something, it's his, yes, you and I are his,
Psalms 24:1 "A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein".
so when he made something, he's Lord over it.

PICJAG.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not saying that any is right or wrong,but Lord shows "OWNERSHIP". so by making something, it's his, yes, you and I are his,
Psalms 24:1 "A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein".
so when he made something, he's Lord over it.

PICJAG.

Matthew 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one ;

Matthew 13:44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Why did He need to buy the field?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one ;

Matthew 13:44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Why did He need to buy the field?
because man whom he created had the title deed to this planet, and sold it,and didn't have the power to regain it.
Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

man sold it away, and God redeemed it, that's why he is called the KINSMAN REDEEMER. he came as a man to redeem what a man had lost.

hoped this helped.

PICJAG.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because man whom he created had the title deed to this planet, and sold it,and didn't have the power to regain it.

agree. Romans 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

Only asked because in relation to “without form and void” (Jeremiah 4:23-28) I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. [24] I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. [25] I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. [26] I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by his fierce anger. [27] For thus hath the Lord said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end. [28] For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.