General talk about the Kingdom of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Oy Vey! Do you seriously tell God off? How does He respond to that?
What a twist things become when perceived wrong.
I asked you to show me if I was seeing this wrong but instead you have "told me off"...:eek:
I know how it made me feel....I wonder if it made God feel this way also.:oops:
I expect as we grow in the Lord and gain greater spiritual maturity God will come to expect more from us. One day Karl will be convicted to watch his tongue.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So do you honestly talk to God or just pretending?

Is that telling you or is it actually point you to Him to listen to what He actually tells you?

I have my problems and one of them is Christians judging me without actually seeking Him!!

I run into them often - which is part of the reason that I like pointing people to Him. I know if they actually seek Him they will get a better understanding about themselves and others!!d

A big part of that understanding is like I already explained - we are humans and He is God. That was what I was explaining when I wrote about how I can get impatient and even upset with Him. Someone who has not just whitewashed themselves, understands this. They are actors - hypocrites - pretending to be perfect but showing they are being honest with God - and so they don't seek Him and don't repent - they instead pretend they are perfect. Even Jesus had problems with the hypocrites - yet that because He knows that if you don't think you have problems you will never come to Him.

Yet I know I have problems - even with the way things go in this world - so I go before Him and honestly (that is I talk honestly to Him) talk to Him!!

It is no good trying to pretend with Him - He already knows when you are not happy with they ways things are working. He knows if you are impatient. He knows if you are getting frustrated. And you know what else He knows. He knows if you are pretending obedience to Him but are not actually seeking Him about what thoughts you have.

Jn 8:7 But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.”

That is not you - you are not the One without sin - So while you might have a problem with me getting impatient and upset with the Lord - that like you wrote is you having a problem! You should take that problem to Him and talk it over with Him, and quit having a problem with me.
Again, this is just telling me off and I sincerely asked if I was seeing your comment wrong....and I shared with you, honestly, how reading it hurt....
This is why I asked for clarification...to understand where you were coming from.
I didn't judge anything....how I felt is my own perspective of the content of your post.
Am I the only one that took it that way? Hard to say unless they share it...

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Again, this is just telling me off and I sincerely asked if I was seeing your comment wrong....and I shared with you, honestly, how reading it hurt....
This is why I asked for clarification...to understand where you were coming from.
I didn't judge anything....how I felt is my own perspective of the content of your post.
@Heart2Soul Sometimes in a dialogue the interlocutors are so far apart that continuing does not make a lot of sense, right?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul Sometimes in a dialogue the interlocutors are so far apart that continuing does not make a lot of sense, right?
Yes....and point taken....I will leave it as it is and take it up in prayer.
Thanks for the advice.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I expect as we grow in the Lord and gain greater spiritual maturity God will come to expect more from us. One day Karl will be convicted to watch his tongue.

I have been with the Lord over 20 years now - what I have learned is the we are all sinners in need of a savior - so I am honest with the Lord when I talk to Him!! How long does it take for someone to realize they are a person (a sinner) and there is not use not being honest with the Lord. If you are frustrated - even with waiting on Him - do you not tell Him how you honestly feel? Do you think He doesn't already know?

Yet the religious leader (Pharisees and Sadducees) during Jesus time on earth put on an act, yet they did not go to the Lord and talk to Him. He called them white washed tombs. What would that look like today?

How did the Pharisees do with "watching their tongue"

Did we not read that Paul preferred to talk about His weaknesses - So too I talked about my weaknesses and how seeking Lord and His Kingdom helps in those areas - then religious leaders come out telling me (a Christian who does know the King and His Kingdom) and has for 20 years) about how I will learn to watch my tongue. How have they not presented themselves as white wash tombs?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I started this thread to try and get people to seek the King who is over the Kingdom of God. I have not found many on this thread who seem to know what I am talking about.

Now I posted a story, about how I have weaknesses that the Lord works with me on, and accusers of the saints have come around. Let me explain the difference between them and the angel the Lord sent to me.

When I got upset and impatient with the Lord He sent an angel (this one was name Josh because He had a nice sense of humor) Josh when I showed up to talk to me told me that Jesus Christ was Lord, that He came in the flesh and that he serve our Lord Jesus Christ. Angels from the Lord are quick to confirm the test we are asked in the Bible to make of them. Josh then told me that the Lord had given him specific intrusions to come to me, and that he was aware that I was a bit upset with the Lord at the moment. Josh also explained that he did not come to get on to me, but rather was told to be friendly to me. And that is what he did. He gave me some advice on the work I was doing, which had to do with my business. He joked with me a bit, which fit his name really well. Basically Josh was friendly, encouraging, and fun to be around. What He was not was accusing. Sometimes when your are waiting on the Lord, and you think He should have already gotten to what you feel needs to be done you just need a friend to take your mind of your frustration. It is nice knowing the King which has such a loving Kingdom.

What is not so nice is dealing with accusers, when you are waiting on the Lord and are feeling frustrated with Him for not already doing what you feel He should have already done!

Now when I talk about accusers, I am not actually talking about the people but the spirits behind people. Where does a person get the idea to write that I need to watch my tongue? Is there not something written about how you judge so shall you be judged. And who writes that they have a problem with me telling off the Lord, without actually realizing they were making a confession about the problem they have?

So it is that the person who judged I need to watch my tongue is correctly judged to be needing to watch their tongue. And the person writing that the have a problem with me.... needs to understand that they have confessed to a problem then have. Look - I understand that we people have problems - that is why I wrote about a problem of mine--- Still I wrote that so that we all should understand that we need to seek the King who is over the Kingdom of God. The King wants to help us with those problems of our and He will send also send His Holy angels in His Kingdom to also help you and watch over you. So quit trying to pretend you don't have problems and start seeking the Lord your God - who happens to be the King of kings over the Kingdom of God. He will help you personally with your problem with your tongue - and you have that problem if you are judging others to have the problem, and He will help you with your problems with others when you think they should not be honest with the Lord about how they feel.

It is always going to go back to seek the King (Jesus Christ) and His kingdom of God! It is indeed a personal relationship you are looking for with Him, and He will point out and help you with those personal problems that you personally have - and you do have them. So stop looking at the speck in other peoples eyes and start getting help for yourself - please!

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I started this thread to try and get people to seek the King who is over the Kingdom of God. I have not found many on this thread who seem to know what I am talking about.

Now I posted a story, about how I have weaknesses that the Lord works with me on, and accusers of the saints have come around. Let me explain the difference between them and the angel the Lord sent to me.

When I got upset and impatient with the Lord He sent an angel (this one was name Josh because He had a nice sense of humor) Josh when I showed up to talk to me told me that Jesus Christ was Lord, that He came in the flesh and that he serve our Lord Jesus Christ. Angels from the Lord are quick to confirm the test we are asked in the Bible to make of them. Josh then told me that the Lord had given him specific intrusions to come to me, and that he was aware that I was a bit upset with the Lord at the moment. Josh also explained that he did not come to get on to me, but rather was told to be friendly to me. And that is what he did. He gave me some advice on the work I was doing, which had to do with my business. He joked with me a bit, which fit his name really well. Basically Josh was friendly, encouraging, and fun to be around. What He was not was accusing. Sometimes when your are waiting on the Lord, and you think He should have already gotten to what you feel needs to be done you just need a friend to take your mind of your frustration. It is nice knowing the King which has such a loving Kingdom.

What is not so nice is dealing with accusers, when you are waiting on the Lord and are feeling frustrated with Him for not already doing what you feel He should have already done!

Now when I talk about accusers, I am not actually talking about the people but the spirits behind people. Where does a person get the idea to write that I need to watch my tongue? Is there not something written about how you judge so shall you be judged. And who writes that they have a problem with me telling off the Lord, without actually realizing they were making a confession about the problem they have?

So it is that the person who judged I need to watch my tongue is correctly judged to be needing to watch their tongue. And the person writing that the have a problem with me.... needs to understand that they have confessed to a problem then have. Look - I understand that we people have problems - that is why I wrote about a problem of mine--- Still I wrote that so that we all should understand that we need to seek the King who is over the Kingdom of God. The King wants to help us with those problems of our and He will send also send His Holy angels in His Kingdom to also help you and watch over you. So quit trying to pretend you don't have problems and start seeking the Lord your God - who happens to be the King of kings over the Kingdom of God. He will help you personally with your problem with your tongue - and you have that problem if you are judging others to have the problem, and He will help you with your problems with others when you think they should not be honest with the Lord about how they feel.

It is always going to go back to seek the King (Jesus Christ) and His kingdom of God! It is indeed a personal relationship you are looking for with Him, and He will point out and help you with those personal problems that you personally have - and you do have them. So stop looking at the speck in other peoples eyes and start getting help for yourself - please!
There are times my health issues affect how I relate to others. All the more reason for openness...if you can in today's age! Talking is so helpful in resolving issues! I know this now...if I could only go back 25 years.

Reactions: Karl Peters

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I have been with the Lord over 20 years now - what I have learned is the we are all sinners in need of a savior - so I am honest with the Lord when I talk to Him!! How long does it take for someone to realize they are a person (a sinner) and there is not use not being honest with the Lord. If you are frustrated - even with waiting on Him - do you not tell Him how you honestly feel? Do you think He doesn't already know?

Yet the religious leader (Pharisees and Sadducees) during Jesus time on earth put on an act, yet they did not go to the Lord and talk to Him. He called them white washed tombs. What would that look like today?

How did the Pharisees do with "watching their tongue"

Did we not read that Paul preferred to talk about His weaknesses - So too I talked about my weaknesses and how seeking Lord and His Kingdom helps in those areas - then religious leaders come out telling me (a Christian who does know the King and His Kingdom) and has for 20 years) about how I will learn to watch my tongue. How have they not presented themselves as white wash tombs?

Over 20 years with the Lord, that's a good start. However it doesn't mean much as growth rates vary.

As for me I always watch my tongue to speak what is edifying, so trying to slander me as a hypocrite doesn't stick.

You can insult the groom, Jesus can take it. But if you insult the bride before the groom will you not provoke his anger? Do yourself a favor and pray about it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Communication is a problem among people, sister. Even believers at times fail to correctly communicate. They forget about how very uncontrollable the tongue is or can be.

"For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?" James 3:7-11

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Communication is a problem among people, sister. Even believers at times fail to correctly communicate. They forget about how very uncontrollable the tongue is or can be.

"For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?" James 3:7-11
Yes, I have to learn to respond like you...mostly scripture! But I love your scriptures.❤

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are times my health issues affect how I relate to others. All the more reason for openness...if you can in today's age! Talking is so helpful in resolving issues! I know this now...if I could only go back 25 years.

Yes!!

And since talking is so helpful in resolving issues ( and I believe we are talking about an open and honest conversation) then talking openly and honestly with God has got to be the most important thing we can do!!!

Therefore when I talk with the Lord Jesus Christ I talk with Him openly and honestly!!

If I am upset with how things are going I go to Him (after all He is God) and talk it over with Him. Yes I see that I can get impatient, upset, disappointed, and even angry, but it does me not good to feel those things, even knowing there is a problem, and not talk to the Lord and be honest with Him when I do. For me there is simply no use putting on airs and acting like I and some wise and holy person when talking with the Lord! It turns out that He is much more aware of how I feel than I do anyway!

So it is really nice to know the Lord (King) and understand that I have more with me than against me. After all, even if I am upset with God it is really those evil spirits which are somewhere behind most of the problems anyway. Of course those evil spirits did not create themselves, the Lord did. He also put me in situation to help me grow (and I know that too). Yet I still wind up feeling like I feel, and so I am not going to hide it from the Lord, but rather I have to present how I feel to Him and see where He wants to go from there. Contrast that with an actor/hypocrite who pretends to be holy even when they claim to know the Lord. That type of person does not seek the Lord - they hide their feeling from Him. They then pretend obedience to Him (I understand that is not you Truman, though perhaps we all do that sometimes - I know I sometime do)

And this all goes back to seeking the Kingdom of God or not. If we are only pretending to be a Christian and are thus pretending to be a perfect person without sin, we do not know Him, and we obviously are not seeking Him and His Kingdom. We are not even being honest with ourselves, but are instead deceiving ourselves and the Spirit of God is not in us! John explained this!

1 Jn 1:8-10 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

Yet if we are seeking the King and His Kingdom - and are honest about it - we have indeed found the Kingdom of God (which include the King of kings and those under Him) and will understand how He uses those angels under Him - to minister to us and to guard us in all our ways.

So if someone has a problem with me being honest about my personal relationship with the Lord, it is their problem, because the Lord and His angels understand the situation. And if someone has a problem with my saying the wrong thing (especially to the Lord) and thus tend to think I should not say that (especially to the Lord), again that is their problem! They are not mature like they think, because they still think hiding how you feel from the Lord is appropriate. Have they not been hiding from Him all along?

The point is that we need to seek the King (Jesus Christ) We need to seek Him honestly and present our feelings honestly to Him. White washing your feelings and thus hiding them from God is not going to resolve your issues!!! Seeking the King honestly and openly is!! Is that not the reason I put forth this thread about the Kingdom of God?

We need (as Christians) to have honest open general conversations about the Kingdom of God. We are supposed to have found the King as Christians, and if the King the the Kingdom of God also, right? And if anyone thinks they are going to find it by being that "mature" Christian who will hide His feelings from Him they need to think again and become like those little children Jesus spoke about saying that we can not get into the Kingdom of God unless you become like these little children! They don't worry if they have gotten every word correct but they just like talking with Him (the King) - because even the best of us are at our very best just like little children to the Kingdom of God!!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes!!

And since talking is so helpful in resolving issues ( and I believe we are talking about an open and honest conversation) then talking openly and honestly with God has got to be the most important thing we can do!!!

Therefore when I talk with the Lord Jesus Christ I talk with Him openly and honestly!!

If I am upset with how things are going I go to Him (after all He is God) and talk it over with Him. Yes I see that I can get impatient, upset, disappointed, and even angry, but it does me not good to feel those things, even knowing there is a problem, and not talk to the Lord and be honest with Him when I do. For me there is simply no use putting on airs and acting like I and some wise and holy person when talking with the Lord! It turns out that He is much more aware of how I feel than I do anyway!

So it is really nice to know the Lord (King) and understand that I have more with me than against me. After all, even if I am upset with God it is really those evil spirits which are somewhere behind most of the problems anyway. Of course those evil spirits did not create themselves, the Lord did. He also put me in situation to help me grow (and I know that too). Yet I still wind up feeling like I feel, and so I am not going to hide it from the Lord, but rather I have to present how I feel to Him and see where He wants to go from there. Contrast that with an actor/hypocrite who pretends to be holy even when they claim to know the Lord. That type of person does not seek the Lord - they hide their feeling from Him. They then pretend obedience to Him (I understand that is not you Truman, though perhaps we all do that sometimes - I know I sometime do)

And this all goes back to seeking the Kingdom of God or not. If we are only pretending to be a Christian and are thus pretending to be a perfect person without sin, we do not know Him, and we obviously are not seeking Him and His Kingdom. We are not even being honest with ourselves, but are instead deceiving ourselves and the Spirit of God is not in us! John explained this!

1 Jn 1:8-10 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

Yet if we are seeking the King and His Kingdom - and are honest about it - we have indeed found the Kingdom of God (which include the King of kings and those under Him) and will understand how He uses those angels under Him - to minister to us and to guard us in all our ways.

So if someone has a problem with me being honest about my personal relationship with the Lord, it is their problem, because the Lord and His angels understand the situation. And if someone has a problem with my saying the wrong thing (especially to the Lord) and thus tend to think I should not say that (especially to the Lord), again that is their problem! They are not mature like they think, because they still think hiding how you feel from the Lord is appropriate. Have they not been hiding from Him all along?

The point is that we need to seek the King (Jesus Christ) We need to seek Him honestly and present our feelings honestly to Him. White washing your feelings and thus hiding them from God is not going to resolve your issues!!! Seeking the King honestly and openly is!! Is that not the reason I put forth this thread about the Kingdom of God?

We need (as Christians) to have honest open general conversations about the Kingdom of God. We are supposed to have found the King as Christians, and if the King the the Kingdom of God also, right? And if anyone thinks they are going to find it by being that "mature" Christian who will hide His feelings from Him they need to think again and become like those little children Jesus spoke about saying that we can not get into the Kingdom of God unless you become like these little children! They don't worry if they have gotten every word correct but they just like talking with Him (the King) - because even the best of us are at our very best just like little children to the Kingdom of God!!
I find that I can be in denial over something (the truth not in me) as the Holy spirit dwells within me. Blind spots, as I call them. I suspect we all have them.
The Lord does know us better than we know ourselves and knows just how to handle us. I believe that He wants us to understand that we can trust Him. I have a better attitude now than I've had before, so I'm more respectful towards Him.
Knowing His love for me intimately, when I do violate His laws in a major way, just rips me up so I really don't want to hurt Him. Sigh. I am so glad that He is making progress with me. He deserves everything I can give Him.

Last edited:

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find that I can be in denial over something (the truth not in me) as the Holy spirit dwells within me. Blind spots, as I call them. I suspect we all have them.
The Lord does know us better than we know ourselves and knows just how to handle us. I believe that He wants us to understand that we can trust Him. I have a better attitude now that I've had before, so I'm more respectful towards Him.
Knowing His love for me intimately, when I do violate His laws in a major way, just rips me up so I really don't want to hurt Him. Sigh. I am so glad that He is making progress with me. He deserves everything I can give Him.

The Lord is always teaching us things - that is for sure!! So even if He is working on one thing in us it does not mean that is the only problem, does it? He will get around to the other things in time, and from what I hear He has prepared and eternity (however long that is) to work on us! That is quite a different situation than us thinking we don't have issues and problems!! Thinking we don't have problems (sin) results in us never seeking the Lord, where as understanding that we do have issue and problems lead us to seeking the Lord!! So two completely different results from two completely different attitudes.

I understand I have problems as do all other people. So we are all in the same boat, so to speak. Or are we? In my boat where we are all sinners in need of the Lord we thus seek the Lord because we are all sinner in need of Him. There is obviously another boat, and "Christian" is often labeled on it too, where they think they are not sinners in need of God because they are now perfect because they believe in God. That is not the "Christian" boat I am in.

I need the Lord. And because I believe He is there I seek Him and spend some time listening to Him. In my "Christian" boat He has forgiven me for all my sins which only means He treats me like His kid instead of a convict. So He teaches me like a child of His. He gives me counsel, like a child of His. He give me love and understanding when like a child I get upset and frustrated. Being like a child to Him did not mean I do not have problems, issues, and such, it means He works with me on those problems issued and such. For 20 years He has been working with me. He even send His angels (which are a whole lot smarter than you or me) to also minister to me. So I know angels. A lot of them in fact. Therefore I not only know the King of kings and Lord of lords, but also a bunch of those servants the angles. I hear things with my spiritual ears, and I sometimes see things with my spiritual eyes - though He gets on to me for not using my spiritual eyes more. So, Truman, when you wrote about the baby cherub, I have seen that and was encourage to know that at least someone on this site has an idea of what my "Christian" boat is like.

Who else from this forum and this long thread has had anything to say like you, Truman? Certainly there has to be more in the boat? I have meet some at the Christian churches I have been at in the last 20 years. So they do exist. I know that. But there seem to still be 2 Christian boats, so to speak. Those that know about the Kingdom of God and those that don't. And if often seem to divide by those who understand that as Christians we are a work in progress - with us needing to listen to the Lord our God to receive the teachings, wisdom, and counsel we have to have, and the other boat where they present themselves as perfect people being already made so by God so they are always right.

Yes - we have blind spots, and many things also that we know that we need His help on. That is why the repentant person seeks Him, because we know we need Him and His helpful teaching, advise, counsel, along with the love and understanding He has. We need that/Him and we know it!! That is why we seek Him and other don't. We need Him today! Some seem to think they have Him so don't need Him, where as I I have access to Him and need to hear from Him - and so I do - hear from Him - Today - and often from the angels that serve Him by helping me too.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really started this thread to talk about the Kingdom of God; thinking I would find Christians who have also experienced the Kingdom of God in their life. It has really turned out that way, but I will press on a bit.

One of the things I find interesting about angels and the Kingdom is that we see it with our spiritual eyes, which is not quite like seeing with our physical eyes. It is like seeing in dreams and visions - in fact pretty much exactly like that. When I go to see with my spiritual eyes I start getting impression like vision, which could be as much my imagination as anything. I would just think it is my imagination, and often start to, except those images wind up taking on meaning which I couldn't imagine.

Let me give an example or two, but I could give a hundred.

Let me think - Ok - One day I was helping in a Christian healing ministry that the Lord had my in for five years. I had been asked to go help a group that just had a lady in a lot of pain take over to them. I had been leading a group but the pastor felt like this lady being taken to that other group need extra help so they had me go there. As I approached that group I saw an angel behind that lady. It was not all that unusually for me to see and angel with my spiritual eyes while in that ministry, so I didn't think much of it. The leader of that group was ministering to the lady so I just kind of stood there and prayed silently for the lady. Then I saw the angel take hold of the lady by the shoulders and start to shake her. Again, seeing with my spiritual eyes often just seems like my imagination. Yet as the angels grabbed hold of the lady and started shaking the lady literally started shaking in the physical. In fact her shaking got violent and the group was showing obvious concern for the lady, with me being the one exception. I was seeing the angel shake her in with my spiritual eyes and was seeing her being shaken with my physical eyes and so I was more curious than concerned.

Then suddenly it stopped, and with the whole group, except me, concerned for her welfare the lady looked straight at me and asked me, "DID YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENED?" She did ask anyone else, but was looking straight at me and was asking me. So it answered, "Yeah, I saw an angle shaking you." I explained. She responded, "I thought so." This lady had just been healed and was now feeling great. She was aware what had happened and she even knew that out of all the people around her that I had seen what had happened. And she was right, but was it all must my imagination? That would not have make sense. I was in fact seeing with my spiritual eyes like I thought.

That was a dramatic example - but it explains what I am talking about when I say I can see with my spiritual eyes. Usually when I take the time to actually try and see with my spiritual eyes it seems that it is all in my imagination but almost always some meaning comes from it.

So let me give another, perhaps not so dramatic example:
see my next post

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Lord is always teaching us things - that is for sure!! So even if He is working on one thing in us it does not mean that is the only problem, does it? He will get around to the other things in time, and from what I hear He has prepared and eternity (however long that is) to work on us! That is quite a different situation than us thinking we don't have issues and problems!! Thinking we don't have problems (sin) results in us never seeking the Lord, where as understanding that we do have issue and problems lead us to seeking the Lord!! So two completely different results from two completely different attitudes.

I understand I have problems as do all other people. So we are all in the same boat, so to speak. Or are we? In my boat where we are all sinners in need of the Lord we thus seek the Lord because we are all sinner in need of Him. There is obviously another boat, and "Christian" is often labeled on it too, where they think they are not sinners in need of God because they are now perfect because they believe in God. That is not the "Christian" boat I am in.

I need the Lord. And because I believe He is there I seek Him and spend some time listening to Him. In my "Christian" boat He has forgiven me for all my sins which only means He treats me like His kid instead of a convict. So He teaches me like a child of His. He gives me counsel, like a child of His. He give me love and understanding when like a child I get upset and frustrated. Being like a child to Him did not mean I do not have problems, issues, and such, it means He works with me on those problems issued and such. For 20 years He has been working with me. He even send His angels (which are a whole lot smarter than you or me) to also minister to me. So I know angels. A lot of them in fact. Therefore I not only know the King of kings and Lord of lords, but also a bunch of those servants the angles. I hear things with my spiritual ears, and I sometimes see things with my spiritual eyes - though He gets on to me for not using my spiritual eyes more. So, Truman, when you wrote about the baby cherub, I have seen that and was encourage to know that at least someone on this site has an idea of what my "Christian" boat is like.

Who else from this forum and this long thread has had anything to say like you, Truman? Certainly there has to be more in the boat? I have meet some at the Christian churches I have been at in the last 20 years. So they do exist. I know that. But there seem to still be 2 Christian boats, so to speak. Those that know about the Kingdom of God and those that don't. And if often seem to divide by those who understand that as Christians we are a work in progress - with us needing to listen to the Lord our God to receive the teachings, wisdom, and counsel we have to have, and the other boat where they present themselves as perfect people being already made so by God so they are always right.

Yes - we have blind spots, and many things also that we know that we need His help on. That is why the repentant person seeks Him, because we know we need Him and His helpful teaching, advise, counsel, along with the love and understanding He has. We need that/Him and we know it!! That is why we seek Him and other don't. We need Him today! Some seem to think they have Him so don't need Him, where as I I have access to Him and need to hear from Him - and so I do - hear from Him - Today - and often from the angels that serve Him by helping me too.
There may be others, though they don't talk about it much. Perhaps they're wiser than me...would not surprise me. I've talked about many things on the forum that may not have been wise for me to have done so.
But I try to be led by the Lord and not think about personal consequences. He's smarter than us. And His people need to know about the spiritual world. He is, after all, spirit. All according to a clear understanding of scripture, of course!
We are, if we are honest with ourselves, works in progress. He has put people around me to help me grow. For me, it is of vital importance to acknowledge the staff as His delegated authority. For me, they've been good for me. I've known other.

Last edited:

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was driving one day and the Lord started getting on to me about using my spiritual eyes. So I gave in and I noticed three things. The first was the brakes on a corvette that was passing by. The corvette had wheels which you could see through to the brakes which were painted red. With my spiritual eyes the red brakes got huge, kind of like in a Disney toons cartoon. I heard the Lord then tell me it if a person was going to drive a fast car they need to have big brakes. I was pretty sure that He was talking about a life style of a sporting type of person. It was ok to be that kind of person but you had to be able to stop yourself fast when needed.

Then I saw a giant hamburger on top of a fast food place, and I could even smell the hamburger with my spiritual nose also. In case you don't know - just like you have five physical senses you also have five spiritual sense. If you think about it you will probably understand, because I'd guess everyone at some point has got a sudden desire for some food or something at some point, probably not considering that it was probably gotten from the spiritual realm. I was not sure what that was about yet.

Then I saw smoke coming over the mountains that are not far from us. I was only seeing the smoke with my spiritual eyes, again it was like it was just in my imagination. It could see exactly where is was. The smoke was like from a fire on the other side of the mountain a bit to the east of a peak that was close to us.

When I got home I heard the Lord tell me, " Now why don't you take your wife for that burger?" Oh - so I asked my wife if she would like to go for a burger. She looked up at me and said, "Yeah, I was just wishing I could get a hamburger. I could almost smell it." She explained. Ok - so the Lord had been working on her spiritual senses also, and away we went.

And I had to laugh when we got there. That burger chains was having a big sweepstakes give away promotion, and all the place paper place mats had a picture of the grand prize - a corvette. Again - seeing with my spiritual eyes is just like imagining something but using them just keeps winding up making connections with other things.

But what about the fire and smoke?

Well, about three months later there was a fire on the other side of that mountain, and the smoke in the physical appeared in the exact same location! I read about it in the paper the next day, and a secret camp ground that apparently was used for some kind of cult gatherings had caught on fire.

It is strange using my spiritual eyes, so frankly I don't really like using them a lot. And so the Lord often gets on to me about needing to use the more. He tells me, "Karl, you wouldn't drive a car with your eyes closed so why do you close your spiritual eyes?" My only answer it that it is weird. I understand that need to be more aware of what is going on in the spiritual realm, but it can get strange and in a hurry. Still, I also understand that great meaning can also be gotten by using your spiritual senses more.

Anyway, that is a general talk about the Kingdom of God

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There may be others, though they don't talk about it much. Perhaps they're wiser than me...would not surprise me. I've talked about many things on the forum that may not have been wise for me to have done.
But I try to be led by the Lord and not think about personal consequences. He's smarter than us. And His people need to know about the spiritual world. He is, after all, spirit. All according to a clear understanding of scripture, of course!
We are, if we are honest with ourselves, works in progress. He has put people around me to help me grow. For me, it is of vital importance to acknowledge the staff as His delegated authority. For me, they've been good for me. I've known other.

Yes - I kind of feel that way - but what about fellowship? I often just feel like we should be able to have those type of conversation without the hypocrisy getting in the way. Does it not ultimately give glory to the Lord Jesus Christ if we put Him on the throne of a Kingdom - the Kingdom of God?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes - I kind of feel that way - but what about fellowship? I often just feel like we should be able to have those type of conversation without the hypocrisy getting in the way. Does it not ultimately give glory to the Lord Jesus Christ if we put Him on the throne of a Kingdom - the Kingdom of God?
I get offended often. Humility and forgiveness are key for me.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get offended often. Humility and forgiveness are key for me.

Yes - humility and forgiveness are two of the most important things !!

Yet what does humility and forgiveness mean? It often seem like we can have a false humility and forgiveness does not mean that you are unwilling to help someone - and helping someone would mean pointing them to the King (Jesus Christ) and the fact that He has a Kingdom with which to help other with, right???

The fact is that a humble person is that type of person that points people to Jesus Christ, and for the purposes of this thread that would me the King of kings because He is over the Kingdom of God, and even all things are being set at His feet. So if pointing people to Him, as say to myself, is what humility is like, then talking about the King and His kingdom and promoting (preaching/proclaiming) the Kingdom of God is an act of humility!! And then what does false humility look like?

False humility might be something like, - well I don't want to bring up the Kingdom of God because I am to humble to mention it.

One of the interesting things about listening to the angels that the Lord sends is that they can be very bold. That does not mean they are not humble!!! There are also so much more humble than any people I know!! That is at least partly because they, more than you or me, know the Lord and how things are in the heavens. That knowing, more than you and me, means they are more aware where then stand with God and that even as smart as they are. and they are smart, God is on an entirely different level. The comparisons they made to me were something like if we are ants, they might be like people, but He would still be like God. God is just on a whole different level than His creation, and one living thing being smarter of having more intelligence that another are all still the created and not the creator, which put God on a whole different level.

Still, thought they have that greater understanding and the humility that comes with it, they still also know where they stand with God, as His creation, better that you or I. The incident in the Bible with Gabriel and Zacharias is a good example of this.

Luke 1:19 The angel answered and said to him, “I am Gabriel, who stands in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to bring you this good news.

If you look at the above verse you might think Gabriel to not be humble at all, but that is not the case. He came because He was sent and that to bring the good news. And the fact that Gabriel spoke boldly that he knew that he stands in the presence of God did not mean he was not humble.

And since this thread is about the King and His Kingdom, we should also look at what Gabriel had to say to Mary about that same time.

Luke 1:30-33 The angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; for you have found favor with God. “And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus. “He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David; and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end.”

So was the angel Gabriel not humble because he boldly came preaching the good news with is the King and the Kingdom of God?

And what about us? Have we never heard the Lord to ask us to preach the Kingdom of God? I know He has asked me to, even this evening I was not wanting to post anymore, but I heard Him ask me to make another post. He wants His people to seek the Kingdom of God. It consists of many many many angels, and it is in our midst!!l He even sends those angels to minister to those who will inherit salvation (Heb 1: 14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?) He has them guarding over us, (91:11 For He will give His angels charge concerning you, To guard you in all your ways.) He has told us to seek first the Kingdom of God (Mat 6:33 “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.) and He gave us a prayer where the first request is seeking the Kingdom of God (Mat 6:10 ‘Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven), and there is something about not being silent at times (Act 18:9 And the Lord said to Paul in the night by a vision, “Do not be afraid any longer, but go on speaking and do not be silent;)

I am not saying I am the humblest person around, but people should not confuse my zeal and boldness for the King and His Kingdom with me not being humble. After all I am not pointing be to me, but I am telling the to seek the King and His Kingdom and I testify about the fact that is does exist - and try to give them good advice and encouragement - thought perhaps some of the encouragement is pointing out that we Christians are not seeking the Kingdom of God like we should, and part of the encouragement is also about the testimonies and incredible things I have seen and gotten with I did seek the Kingdom of God. Heck - was it not I that even pointed out that as a human I sometimes get upset even with the Lord and He, being the awesome King that He is, will send His angels to help me out of that frustration with Him. So I brought up my weakness, so as to not give the impression that I am better than others, then others had a problem with me.

I am not saying that is you Truman. But I am trying to get people to forget their false humility and encourage people to seek the Kingdom of God and listen with their spiritual ears today ! That is how I can best help them - by turning them to the King who is over the Kingdom of God which is in your midst. Was that not what Gabriel was also doing?

Heb 3:13-15 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. For we have become partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our assurance firm until the end, while it is said,
TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE,
DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS, AS WHEN THEY PROVOKED ME.”

Of course "TODAY" is the day we hear from the King, because He never leaves us! And when should we expect to also hear from the ministering spirits He sends, since that Kingdom of God is in our midst? And we encourage one another day after day, concerning the King and His Kingdom of God, right? Hopeful that right, but I am not sure that always is the case

Last edited: