General talk about the Kingdom of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes - humility and forgiveness are two of the most important things !!

Yet what does humility and forgiveness mean? It often seem like we can have a false humility and forgiveness does not mean that you are unwilling to help someone - and helping someone would mean pointing them to the King (Jesus Christ) and the fact that He has a Kingdom with which to help other with, right???

The fact is that a humble person is that type of person that points people to Jesus Christ, and for the purposes of this thread that would me the King of kings because He is over the Kingdom of God, and even all things are being set at His feet. So if pointing people to Him, as say to myself, is what humility is like, then talking about the King and His kingdom and promoting (preaching/proclaiming) the Kingdom of God is an act of humility!! And then what does false humility look like?

False humility might be something like, - well I don't want to bring up the Kingdom of God because I am to humble to mention it.

One of the interesting things about listening to the angels that the Lord sends is that they can be very bold. That does not mean they are not humble!!! There are also so much more humble than any people I know!! That is at least partly because they, more than you or me, know the Lord and how things are in the heavens. That knowing, more than you and me, means they are more aware where then stand with God and that even as smart as they are. and they are smart, God is on an entirely different level. The comparisons they made to me were something like if we are ants, they might be like people, but He would still be like God. God is just on a whole different level than His creation, and one living thing being smarter of having more intelligence that another are all still the created and not the creator, which put God on a whole different level.

Still, thought they have that greater understanding and the humility that comes with it, they still also know where they stand with God, as His creation, better that you or I. The incident in the Bible with Gabriel and Zacharias is a good example of this.

Luke 1:19 The angel answered and said to him, “I am Gabriel, who stands in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to bring you this good news.

If you look at the above verse you might think Gabriel to not be humble at all, but that is not the case. He came because He was sent and that to bring the good news. And the fact that Gabriel spoke boldly that he knew that he stands in the presence of God did not mean he was not humble.

And since this thread is about the King and His Kingdom, we should also look at what Gabriel had to say to Mary about that same time.

Luke 1:30-33 The angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; for you have found favor with God. “And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus. “He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David; and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end.”

So was the angel Gabriel not humble because he boldly came preaching the good news with is the King and the Kingdom of God?

And what about us? Have we never heard the Lord to ask us to preach the Kingdom of God? I know He has asked me to, even this evening I was not wanting to post anymore, but I heard Him ask me to make another post. He wants His people to seek the Kingdom of God. It consists of many many many angels, and it is in our midst!!l He even sends those angels to minister to those who will inherit salvation (Heb 1: 14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?) He has them guarding over us, (91:11 For He will give His angels charge concerning you, To guard you in all your ways.) He has told us to seek first the Kingdom of God (Mat 6:33 “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.) and He gave us a prayer where the first request is seeking the Kingdom of God (Mat 6:10 ‘Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven), and there is something about not being silent at times (Act 18:9 And the Lord said to Paul in the night by a vision, “Do not be afraid any longer, but go on speaking and do not be silent;)

I am not saying I am the humblest person around, but people should not confuse my zeal and boldness for the King and His Kingdom with me not being humble. After all I am not pointing be to me, but I am telling the to seek the King and His Kingdom and I testify about the fact that is does exist - and try to give them good advice and encouragement - thought perhaps some of the encouragement is pointing out that we Christians are not seeking the Kingdom of God like we should, and part of the encouragement is also about the testimonies and incredible things I have seen and gotten with I did seek the Kingdom of God. Heck - was it not I that even pointed out that as a human I sometimes get upset even with the Lord and He, being the awesome King that He is, will send His angels to help me out of that frustration with Him. So I brought up my weakness, so as to not give the impression that I am better than others, then others had a problem with me.

I am not saying that is you Truman. But I am trying to get people to forget their false humility and encourage people to seek the Kingdom of God and listen with their spiritual ears today ! That is how I can best help them - by turning them to the King who is over the Kingdom of God which is in your midst. Was that not what Gabriel was also doing?
Pride is the root of sin, in my understanding. Which means, we all have to deal with it. There is a good teaching video, called, "The Root And Fruit Of Pride," by Floyd McClung, on You Tube.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pride is the root of sin, in my understanding. Which means, we all have to deal with it. There is a good teaching video, called, "The Root And Fruit Of Pride," by Floyd McClung, on You Tube.

Pride is pointing people to yourself. Humility would be pointing people to the Lord and not yourself.

Saying I don't want to tell people about the Kingdom of God because it would be boasting in myself is false humility.

I am going to start a thread about being embarrassed about Jesus Christ. Many people, and I include me in this, often don't want to talk about Jesus Christ and testify about Him because we are embarrassed about knowing Him. We think we are going to come across as some holy better than thou person and others won't like us. So we wind up playing right into the devil's hand, because Satan does not want the good news about the Kingdom of God getting out there. It is ok if you make Jesus sound like a has been, or make the Kingdom of God as some far off place that perhaps will return some day, but if you actually want to tell people about the King and His Kingdom, that is not ok by Satan.

So where do we get some of our ideas. How does that attack and battle from the enemy hit us? He doesn't make us embarrassed about the Lord and tell us that we are getting into pride if we testify about the King and his kingdom does he?

Truman, of the different people that responded on this thread, I really like you. Of all the people posting you actually had the nerved to testify about the Kingdom of God - and 'the never' is often what is needed to testify about the Kingdom, because many want to put you down for telling people about the King (Jesus Christ) and His Kingdom. So you can be embarrassed about testifying about the Kingdom of God! I get it. I have felt that way a number of times!! And it is a problem we Christians have. So not only does it need to be mentioned here, concerning the Kingdom of God, but needs a thread and open and honest conversation about this problem we often have (and again I include me because I have often had the problem)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Pride is pointing people to yourself. Humility would be pointing people to the Lord and not yourself.

Saying I don't want to tell people about the Kingdom of God because it would be boasting in myself is false humility.

I am going to start a thread about being embarrassed about Jesus Christ. Many people, and I include me in this, often don't want to talk about Jesus Christ and testify about Him because we are embarrassed about knowing Him. We think we are going to come across as some holy better than thou person and others won't like us. So we wind up playing right into the devil's hand, because Satan does not want the good news about the Kingdom of God getting out there. It is ok if you make Jesus sound like a has been, or make the Kingdom of God as some far off place that perhaps will return some day, but if you actually want to tell people about the King and His Kingdom, that is not ok by Satan.

So where do we get some of our ideas. How does that attack and battle from the enemy hit us? He doesn't make us embarrassed about the Lord and tell us that we are getting into pride if we testify about the King and his kingdom does he?

Truman, of the different people that responded on this thread, I really like you. Of all the people posting you actually had the nerved to testify about the Kingdom of God - and 'the never' is often what is needed to testify about the Kingdom, because many want to put you down for telling people about the King (Jesus Christ) and His Kingdom. So you can be embarrassed about testifying about the Kingdom of God! I get it. I have felt that way a number of times!! And it is a problem we Christians have. So not only does it need to be mentioned here, concerning the Kingdom of God, but needs a thread and open and honest conversation about this problem we often have (and again I include me because I have often had the problem)
Thanks, Karl. God is awesome! I remember when I used to have difficulty talking to strangers about Jesus. For whatever reasons.
It's a fear that I've learned can be walked through, like a mist. You just do it, ignoring your feelings. As the Lord leads, of course!
"Lord, I'm having a problem talking to others about You," is something that I'm sure He welcomes. We are, after all, His children.
I'll be watching for your thread...it sounds interesting. - Truman

Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, Karl. God is awesome! I remember when I used to have difficulty talking to strangers about Jesus. For whatever reasons.
It's a fear that I've learned can be walked through, like a mist. You just do it, ignoring your feelings. As the Lord leads, of course!
"Lord, I'm having a problem talking to others about You," is something that I'm sure He welcomes. We are, after all, His children.
I'll be watching for your thread...it sounds interesting. - Truman

The above is so right. It is not easy to talk about our Lord the King, Jesus Christ. It seems to make you sound weird, or should I say 'peculiar' - yet we are peculiar people.

Exo 9:15 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

Deut 14: 2 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.

Deut 26:18 And the LORD hath avouched thee this day to be his peculiar people, as he hath promised thee, and that thou shouldest keep all his commandments;

Ps 135:4 For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Now those verses above should make us realize that God was referring to us. I am peculiar but I am a very ordinary person. What makes be peculiar is a zeal for what the Lord does and He does (not me but Him) good works. The Lord even uses me and includes me in them, so that I see Him do His goods works. He might tell me to pray for that person and when I do He heals them. Of course He doesn't always heal them right then, but He sometimes does. And if I see a problem and ask Him to send or loose angels here on earth, He considers my request and sometimes (usually) sends them.

One day I was driving back from a trip and talking to the Lord while driving. I find that when just driving along it is a good time to pick up a conversation with the Lord. That day He was again working on me using my spiritual eyes. It is always strange using my spiritual eyes. This day He was asking me to pray "Thy Kingdom Come" over place I saw while driving down the Lord, and He was asking me to watch with my spiritual eyes for what I would see after I prayed it. So I looked for places that look particularly run down and would pray "Thy Kingdom come there."

Oh this is silly, but because I heard to do it from Him, I did. Then as I looked with my spiritual eyes groups of angels just kind of fell down from heaven in the spots I asked for. It was strange, because the size and number of them varied and also because they didn't seem to fly down but it was like they were instantly just dropped down. Ok - how can you tell anyone about this. It was my imagination, right. Yet a few months later on one of those dozen places a brand new multi-story building started going up. Probably just a coincidence, but it get you thinking. What if we started praying "Thy Kingdom Come" more and actually asking for the Lord to send His angels more often?

It like Truman wrote above -are we not sons and daughters of the King? So what would our Father the King do if a son or daughter pointed out a problem that seemed to need some work on. And how long would it take to consider and answer our request? Maybe He would just drop His Kingdom down on a place if asked by a child of His. The angels didn't even have time to fly down or use the ladder, by what I saw. They were just dropped down out of heaven.

There is something written about how He not slow to answer like we think? Before that my think was that if I asked the Lord for His Kingdom to come it might show up, perhaps the angels would come down Jacobs ladder or perhaps they might be seen flying down, but the King does act that slowly. They are dropped down instantly, but you might have to see it to believe it. Which would make us sound kind of weird or peculiar if we told someone about this. It is a nice thing to be able to fellowship with other Christian who might have an idea of what I am talking about. I mean a person who has also send baby Cherubs would understand. Thanks for the fellowship Truman. :)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The above is so right. It is not easy to talk about our Lord the King, Jesus Christ. It seems to make you sound weird, or should I say 'peculiar' - yet we are peculiar people.

Exo 9:15 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

Deut 14: 2 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.

Deut 26:18 And the LORD hath avouched thee this day to be his peculiar people, as he hath promised thee, and that thou shouldest keep all his commandments;

Ps 135:4 For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Now those verses above should make us realize that God was referring to us. I am peculiar but I am a very ordinary person. What makes be peculiar is a zeal for what the Lord does and He does (not me but Him) good works. The Lord even uses me and includes me in them, so that I see Him do His goods works. He might tell me to pray for that person and when I do He heals them. Of course He doesn't always heal them right then, but He sometimes does. And if I see a problem and ask Him to send or loose angels here on earth, He considers my request and sometimes (usually) sends them.

One day I was driving back from a trip and talking to the Lord while driving. I find that when just driving along it is a good time to pick up a conversation with the Lord. That day He was again working on me using my spiritual eyes. It is always strange using my spiritual eyes. This day He was asking me to pray "Thy Kingdom Come" over place I saw while driving down the Lord, and He was asking me to watch with my spiritual eyes for what I would see after I prayed it. So I looked for places that look particularly run down and would pray "Thy Kingdom come there."

Oh this is silly, but because I heard to do it from Him, I did. Then as I looked with my spiritual eyes groups of angels just kind of fell down from heaven in the spots I asked for. It was strange, because the size and number of them varied and also because they didn't seem to fly down but it was like they were instantly just dropped down. Ok - how can you tell anyone about this. It was my imagination, right. Yet a few months later on one of those dozen places a brand new multi-story building started going up. Probably just a coincidence, but it get you thinking. What if we started praying "Thy Kingdom Come" more and actually asking for the Lord to send His angels more often?

It like Truman wrote above -are we not sons and daughters of the King? So what would our Father the King do if a son or daughter pointed out a problem that seemed to need some work on. And how long would it take to consider and answer our request? Maybe He would just drop His Kingdom down on a place if asked by a child of His. The angels didn't even have time to fly down or use the ladder, by what I saw. They were just dropped down out of heaven.

There is something written about how He not slow to answer like we think? Before that my think was that if I asked the Lord for His Kingdom to come it might show up, perhaps the angels would come down Jacobs ladder or perhaps they might be seen flying down, but the King does act that slowly. They are dropped down instantly, but you might have to see it to believe it. Which would make us sound kind of weird or peculiar if we told someone about this. It is a nice thing to be able to fellowship with other Christian who might have an idea of what I am talking about. I mean a person who has also send baby Cherubs would understand. Thanks for the fellowship Truman. :)
You are welcome, Karl. I too love having supernatural experiences with God. They are very exciting! I love talking about them. Though I do get tired of hearing crickets and since I don't have these experiences all that often, I get tired of hearing my own stories. It is nice being able to have a two-way conversation about these things with someone.
I love everything about God. He's ruined me for everything else! Most of all I love being His!
And in the end, I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever! :)

Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are welcome, Karl. I too love having supernatural experiences with God. They are very exciting! I love talking about them. Though I do get tired of hearing crickets and since I don't have these experiences all that often, I get tired of hearing my own stories. It is nice being able to have a two-way conversation about these things with someone.
I love everything about God. He's ruined me for everything else! Most of all I love being His!
And in the end, I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever! :)

I should probably get tire of talking about what He has done around me, but I don't. There are some things He does that I guess I get tired of at times. But I guess most of those I still want to have happen occasionally. Sometime the Holy Spirit would come on me so strong that I had trouble getting things down. Sometimes it might last days.

I remember an evangelist from New Zealand went around a was blowing on people and asking them to receive the Holy Spirit, and He blew on my stomach. The Spirit moved on my stomach so that I had a rather hard tingling in it. It was amazing. But my stomach was still tingling on Wednesday. I was starting to worry that perhaps something was really wrong with my stomach, so I asked the Lord to take the tingle way and instantly it left and I felt perfectly normal again. Of course later I thought about asking to move that presence of the Spirit way from me and wonder if that was wise. The presence did have me almost constantly thinking about the Lord. Where as I normally get so busy during my work day that I completely forget about the presence of the Lord.

Still, He has done so many incredible things and they keep coming back to my mind, that I have a hard time not being zealous for Him. I can sometimes get upset with Him, so I often tend to run hot and cold with Him, but being lukewarm for Him is just about impossible for me. Also I guess I don't see the stories I have about Him as my stories so much but as His stories in and around me. And I am convinced that if He will do those things in my life He must be willing to do those things in any other persons life, because I am at best just a normal person. I am more likely a fool, because it is written you can tell a fool by the number of his words and I go on too much. It's a good thing that it is also written the the Lord uses the foolish things of this world. Anyway. Thanks Truman for the fellowship. :)

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I should probably get tire of talking about what He has done around me, but I don't. There are some things He does that I guess I get tired of at times. But I guess most of those I still want to have happen occasionally. Sometime the Holy Spirit would come on me so strong that I had trouble getting things down. Sometimes it might last days.

I remember an evangelist from New Zealand went around a was blowing on people and asking them to receive the Holy Spirit, and He blew on my stomach. The Spirit moved on my stomach so that I had a rather hard tingling in it. It was amazing. But my stomach was still tingling on Wednesday. I was starting to worry that perhaps something was really wrong with my stomach, so I asked the Lord to take the tingle way and instantly it left and I felt perfectly normal again. Of course later I thought about asking to move that presence of the Spirit way from me and wonder if that was wise. The presence did have me almost constantly thinking about the Lord. Where as I normally get so busy during my work day that I completely forget about the presence of the Lord.

Still, He has done so many incredible things and they keep coming back to my mind, that I have a hard time not being zealous for Him. I can sometimes get upset with Him, so I often tend to run hot and cold with Him, but being lukewarm for Him is just about impossible for me. Also I guess I don't see the stories I have about Him as my stories so much but as His stories in and around me. And I am convinced that if He will do those things in my life He must be willing to do those things in any other persons life, because I am at best just a normal person. I am more likely a fool, because it is written you can tell a fool by the number of his words and I go on too much. It's a good thing that it is also written the the Lord uses the foolish things of this world. Anyway. Thanks Truman for the fellowship. :)
He is unusual, to say the least! Lol