Gentleness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience;"
Colossians 3:12 NASB

“Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth."
Matthew 5:5 NASB

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls ."
Matthew 11:29 NASB

"A gentle answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger."
Proverbs 15:1 NASB

Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near."
Philippians 4:5 NASB

"Your adornment must not be merely external—braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God."
1 Peter 3:3‭-‬4 NASB

"But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy."
James 3:17 NASB

Gentleness is defined in the dictionary as “the quality of being kind, tender, or mild-mannered.” In terms of the fruit of the Spirit, the kind of gentleness we're interested in involves showing humility and thankfulness towards God, as well as polite, restrained and compassionate behaviour towards everyone else.

The Fruit of the Spirit - GENTLENESS — Be loved Beloved

Food for thought!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
"So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience;"
Colossians 3:12 NASB

“Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth."
Matthew 5:5 NASB

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls ."
Matthew 11:29 NASB

"A gentle answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger."
Proverbs 15:1 NASB

Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near."
Philippians 4:5 NASB

"Your adornment must not be merely external—braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God."
1 Peter 3:3‭-‬4 NASB

"But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy."
James 3:17 NASB

Gentleness is defined in the dictionary as “the quality of being kind, tender, or mild-mannered.” In terms of the fruit of the Spirit, the kind of gentleness we're interested in involves showing humility and thankfulness towards God, as well as polite, restrained and compassionate behaviour towards everyone else.

The Fruit of the Spirit - GENTLENESS — Be loved Beloved

Food for thought!
Great quotes there from Scripture! the person who truly shows Godly contentment can indeed show a gentle spirit. :)