George Floyd Left a Gospel Legacy in Houston As a person of peace, “Big Floyd” opened up ministry

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
George Floyd Left a Gospel Legacy in Houston

God bless you sir.
animated-praying-smiley-image-0008.gif
They can never kill the future you helped insure for all people. Peace upon you, "Big Floyd". Rest in peace. Justice is coming for those who murdered you in this life. Amen.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God bless you sir.
They can never kill the future you helped insure for all people. Peace upon you, "Big Floyd". Rest in peace. Justice is coming for those who murdered you in this life. Amen.

Very hard to read.

This is why people need to think outside the box sometimes. I've always been an advocate of total cooperation with the cops, even if they were being jackasses, and I've had a few experiences with such in my own life, so it's not as if I have no experience in the matter. I agree that it can be degrading and insulting when a jerk with a badge gains control over you, but I submitted nonetheless. But despite being an advocate for non-resistance, this was NOT a case where that argument should be used. This was a classic case of police brutality that led to murder, and the murder of a good man. Certainly some would be able to find dirt on him - people can find dirt on anyone if they want to - but the obvious truth is that despite growing up in a tough neighborhood he was doing what he could to make things better.

Anyone who denies it just has their eyes closed, and wants to fall back on their usual ways of thinking without actually examining the matter closely.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have never been to a funeral where one bad word was spoken about the dead person...even if they weren't liked in life , or not even a good person , in death they suddenly become saints.

Just like artists who's work is only worth real big money after their death.

The Covid virus and black lives matter issues have been done to death. Do we need one more.

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never been to a funeral where one bad word was spoken about the dead person...even if they weren't liked in life , or not even a good person , in death they suddenly become saints.

Just like artists who's work is only worth real big money after their death.

The Covid virus and black lives matter issues have been done to death. Do we need one more.
What?

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

People have died, been injured horribly, had their businesses and homes burned, been peppered by police, and worse, and all because domestic terrorism set off after the murder of a man on a Minneapolis street in broad daylight.
Those present yelled for the police to stop their assault on Mr.Floyd, but no one dared try to stop it.
Finally, Mr.Floyd fell into unconsciousness beneath the knees and body weight of a man he'd worked with in clubs as part of a security team. A police officer by day, who murdered George Floyd in public. Using a technique that is forbidden in every police district in the United States. A knee to the neck, and a knee and body weight on the back, compressing the lungs to prevent inhalation. A slow agonizing death followed by words struggling to be heard. "Please! I can't breathe! Please!...."

But mercy did not hear Mr.Floyd that day.

Perhaps this memorial is broadcast to let people know killing people, destroying lives, businesses, homes, to protest the destruction of a life, and the killing of a handcuffed unarmed non-resistant citizen, isn't asking for justice! It is asking to be equated with the very evil that took Mr.Floyd's life.

If you can't understand the mindset that would crush a man's life from him, that's good. That's a blessing.
If you can't understand how people are heartbroken this happened, that's as tragic as depraved indifference homicide.

God have mercy upon everyone. God rest to peace Mr. George Floyd.
Amen.

Last edited:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Reactions: RainAndIceCream

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God bless you sir.

He may have but he also had a criminal record. He should not have been murdered but we can't make him a saint and must understand that he was into drugs and other crimes also. He was arrested enough he knew the jail. He committed a crime that terrible day and here is his record:

Floyd had landed five years behind bars in 2009 for an assault and robbery two years earlier, and before that, had been convicted of charges ranging from theft with a firearm to drugs, the Daily Mail reported.

“What is not being told is the violent criminal history of George Floyd. The media will not air this,” police union president Bob Kroll told his members in a letter posted Monday on Twitter.
What the Media Won’t Tell You: George Floyd Had ‘Violent Criminal History’ | Matzav.com

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He may have but he also had a criminal record. He should not have been murdered but we can't make him a saint and must understand that he was into drugs and other crimes also. He was arrested enough he knew the jail. He committed a crime that terrible day and here is his record:

Floyd had landed five years behind bars in 2009 for an assault and robbery two years earlier, and before that, had been convicted of charges ranging from theft with a firearm to drugs, the Daily Mail reported.

“What is not being told is the violent criminal history of George Floyd. The media will not air this,” police union president Bob Kroll told his members in a letter posted Monday on Twitter.
What the Media Won’t Tell You: George Floyd Had ‘Violent Criminal History’ | Matzav.com
What's Mr.Floyd's past record have to do with the fact he's dead now?
Personnel records shed light on four Minneapolis police officers charged in George Floyd's death

twitt.png

Last edited:

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know I am go to leave this conversation and no I do not celebrate this criminal and I think the scumbag cop should have been beaten off and the suspect should not have been killed.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Did you bother to watch the 15min Candace Owens video on post #7

If you want a discussion here, which you must, as you started this thread , then lets hear both sides of the story.

No one should die at the hands of the police.
No one should be killed before a fair trial.

Listen to Candace Owens video , and give us you feed back...there are always two sides of any story. Especially these days of agendas and left wing media hype.

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you bother to watch the 15min Candace Owens video on post #7

If you want a discussion here, which you must, as you started this thread , then lets hear both sides of the story.

No one should die at the hands of the police.
No one should be killed before a fair trial.

Listen to Candace Owens video , and give us you feed back...there are always two sides of any story. Especially these days of agendas and left wing media hype.
Yes, I did watch the video.

It isn't my intention to Martyr George Lloyd. There is a difference between thinking the man a martyr and feeling compassion and upset for how he died. Rarely, do people see a man being killed by police. Though the video opportunity is growing due to cell phones and life stream.

I think what is concerning, and then I'm leaving this site because it isn't what I thought it was if my encounter with certain members here is any indication of the truth behind the facade, is how those who claim the name of Christ are opposed to showing compassion for someone who was brutally murdered.
Even going so far as to imply, he had it coming because he had a criminal record! Or, we don't need to feel that much compassion because George Lloyd had a criminal record! The cops that killed him had a criminal record on the force and they were still wearing the badge when they killed him!

God forgave George Lloyd his sins and remembers them no more. Sadly, there are Christians who bring them to light in a thread that the topic of which points out the Gospel legacy Mr.Floyd committed himself to. They don't bring that up in the other threads where it would be appropriate. They think to mar this thread, the Gospel legacy reporting, and then leave because it wasn't as well-received as they hoped.

Amen to Patrick's observation. I agree. I'm tired of coddling self-identified Christians who only love people they deem to be lovable.

If God thought the way some who identify as Christians do, there would be no Christians.

God knows his own.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Blessings, Historyb.

I suspected this might be coming, but the problem is no due process. And murder amounts to a much more serious crime.
You know I am go to leave this conversation and no I do not celebrate this criminal and I think the scumbag cop should have been beaten off and the suspect should not have been killed.

One thing I will say is that this situation is why a country like the United States is in trouble when it comes to things like this. We are giving due process to a murderer who did not give due process to the one he murdered. In a communist or facist society, to keep the peace they could simply line the cop up before a firing squad and end his life on national television live. That might help satisfy the demands of a public who feels a terrible injustice has been committed. But we can't do that here, which is what makes it such an big problem. Hence I think serious attention needs to be drawn to what an egregious criminal act this was.

Ultimately, I think only God can heal this land, but I think it would certainly help if normal citizens - normal white citizens especially - extended more love to the black community, and acknowledged that they understand a serious injustice was done, and that they will be behind efforts to see that it never happens again.

Reactions: Helen

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rarely, do people see a man being killed by police. Though the video opportunity is growing due to cell phones and life stream.

I've seen it before actually. There was a cop who was asking a black guy to get out of a car about 8 or so years ago, and when the guy started trying to drive away, instead of calling for back up and pursuing the guy like they would have done with a white guy, the cop just pulled his gun and put a hole in the man's head, after which he drove into a telephone pole.

The cop turned out to be a racist as I recall. I'm sure the cop got due process, and possibly was shown extra consideration due to his position on the force. No idea how that one turned out, but such incidents have obviously not stopped, which is precisely the point. When will they?

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think what is concerning, and then I'm leaving this site because it isn't what I thought it was if my encounter with certain members here is any indication of the truth behind the facade, is how those who claim the name of Christ are opposed to showing compassion for someone who was brutally murdered.

If you are leaving this site because of this reason, then it only goes to show that you want everything that you say to be taken on face value and accepted. So people of a different opinion upset you.
I hope you reconsider.

If that is how you live your life my friend, you will be upset often in this world but we can't always run away from it. I have said to others who join this forum Site... - "On ANY Christian forum on the web, you will have to grow a thick skin, or you will have hurt feeling half of the time."

On this one thread I see names of people who do not hold the same beliefs 100% with me, and they have said so...but I don't and haven't been upset with them or run away. I respect everyone of this forum, it would be a boring place is we all agreed and saw everything the same way.
We can learn from each others if we have an open and teachable spirit.

I think you have lots to contribute on this site , I would be very sorry to see you leave. I would suggest that you sleep on it and ask the Lord , don't just leave by over reacting.

Bless you...Helen

Last edited: