Giving others freedom to think and believe differently

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's rude to accuse people of telling lies. Didn't you know that? Hope you aren't rude like this all the time. That would be very disappointing.
My Bible includes Purgatory. The Catholic Bible. But I don't want to derail this thread. You will have support in your assertion. That's why you said it. Because you know many people will back you up on here. I would be surprised if they supported your disrespectful style of communication though.

How was what I said rude? It's one thing to believe that Purgatory exists,.. it's another just to tell somebody that because you don't want to hurt their feelings when it would hurt them a lot less in the long run if they were told the truth. I'm sorry you feel offended but nobody on this forum (except maybe a troll or two) thinks I'm rude but you,.. which btw you're the one who appears awfully rude at times.

Hi April,
Have you considered 1Cor 3: 12-15

If anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw,

the work of each will come to light, for the Day will disclose it. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire (itself) will test the quality of each one's work.

If the work stands that someone built upon the foundation, that person will receive a wage.

But if someone's work is burned up, that one will suffer loss; the person will be saved, but only as through fire.

One is only truly free, when they are submitted to Christ and to one another...

Peace be with you!

Peace be with you as well but I'm not sure what that means that goes with what I said. :/

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Peace be with you as well

Dear April,

Thank you!

but I'm not sure what that means that goes with what I said. :/

You said that purgatory was a lie and not in the bible.

I was pointing out that Paul says we will be purged.

That is what purgatory is.. The burning away of anything not of God, so that we may stand before Him!

Our God is a consuming fire..

Shall we not embrace Him?

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Pax et Bonum!

Reactions: saintiaint

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw,

the work of each will come to light, for the Day will disclose it. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire (itself) will test the quality of each one's work.

If the work stands that someone built upon the foundation, that person will receive a wage.

But if someone's work is burned up, that one will suffer loss; the person will be saved, but only as through fire.

realize you asked another member. Hopefully you won’t mind but I have a question about
“It will be revealed with fire, and the fire (itself) will test the quality of each one's work.”

1 Peter 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

All of those speak of “It will be revealed with fire, and the fire (itself) will test the quality of each one's work.” Yet none seem to fit (Imo) the description of Hell “fire” presented as a place others are thrown into.

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Dear April,

Thank you!

You said that purgatory was a lie and not in the bible.

I was pointing out that Paul says we will be purged.

That is what purgatory is.. The burning away of anything not of God, so that we may stand before Him!

Our God is a consuming fire..

Shall we not embrace Him?

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Pax et Bonum!
Philip James gets it.
Respecting different views. Lots of love and kindness. And I don't say this because he supports the Catholic view. Just his gorgeous style of communication!
Thank you Philip .

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you think that she got such idea from ?

My mum was reading my Stars to me one day in front of my Aunty, I though what the hell are you trying to do, make out that I follow such nonsense, I told her to stop 5 times but she insisted to go on. she knows my position on such is that such is of Satan, I have informed her that Hitler was guided by such dribble as well, so I detest such insanity being peddled.

I asked my mum to wright of her life story, because such is all over the place as to who it is that she is talking about aunty X,Y,Z or uncle X,Y,Z or grand dad X,Y,Z etc as to on what side is she talking about ? I do not know 100% sure and I have had a gut full now, she thinks that we know them as she does, I give up.
But she gave me one of my life story ? I tossed it in the bin, what the hell do I need such a thing, as I know of all the story's before I was 4yo and I would know best what was going on from then on than anyone would.

I can't believe the ignorance of some people, my dad is dead and some clown who hardly knew him is talking as an authority on the subject to me as if I never knew of him. I even worked with my dad mainly from 1971 to 1990. boy do they love to paint a delusional fantasy.

Every dead person is elevated to sainthood to fools, oh don't talk facts about such as that's taboo, what simple minded dolts, that's Pagan rubbish ! you see such dribble openly displayed with pagans all the time and such rubbish is swallowed within the church's.
Christianity is not about living a lie or playing the goody two shoes at all, like Pagans claim that it is all about.
Satan is the source of all false religions and philosophies that lead people away from Christ. Most of them existed in Babylon, then were scattered throughout the world. That is why that city was referred to as a whore, in whom the world committed fornication with.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobVance

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Satan is the source of all false religions and philosophies that lead people away from Christ
I wonder which ones those are though.
I think we can safely say a cult like Scientology is sourced from Satan.
Any philosophy or religion which harasses its members when they leave, is evil, imo.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another mate up the road pushes his religion on everyone 24/7 he knows best, you should be doing X,Y and Z street preaching with him and his lot and if you have any thoughts other than what they claim you are wrong :rolleyes:.

I grew up under the Hell Fire and Brimstone teaching. Maybe it has stained me. That was the only message I heard and that was all I had. All I was ever taught of was an angry God who could never love someone as dirty as me. Our daughter and grandson were driving the other day and witnessed a man standing up on the street corner with a bullhorn. He was shouting at a woman in her car, calling her a whore and very graphically explaining what makes her a whore. Shouting she is going to burn in hell. Our grandson witnessed the whole bullhorn gospel. he went to school the following day with it still on his mind. He is thirteen and goes to a Christian school. He brought up the man in class and one of his classmates, a young girl spoke up saying “I know that man you are talking about. It is my dad. He hasn’t talked to any of us in a long time. He has nothing to do with any of us.”

I don’t get it.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the energy of a fire and brimstone sermon. As long as I don't have to take it seriously.:)

attended one of those fire and brimstone sermons given to a groups of children. When their parents picked them up afterwards they were all crying and more than ready to get out of church. A lot of angry parents thinking it was going to be bible school fun and an afternoon babysitter.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get your point, don't proselytize. You can't force people to believe but a slap in the face may neede at times whether they feel insulted and their feelings get hurt. Isn't that what Paul did? He stepped on toes, balsphemed their gods, rebuked them, exposed their false beliefs and wickedness and was beaten and his life threatened for it. He didn't evangelize in a passive calm and gentle manor - I think it was more like fire.
Okay, I'm not saying He wasn't tactful and of course being filled with the Spirit, God knew exactly how to deal with each situation, each person. Some need gentleness and are turned off if you get too abrupt. Each person requires special attentiom that only the Holy Spirit is aware of.

My 88 year-old mom is dying. She has her freedom to believe in her smorgasbord of beliefs: reincarnation, astrology, the Universal Energy Force of which her energy will disperse into any day now. But all that is mixed in with Biblical principles that she was taught when she was a little girl in the Orphanage by the mean Nuns who slapped her. I always used to tell her - they didn't slap you enough - she'd laugh. I chipped away at these beliefs for 30 years with fire but not like Paul. Paul just brushed the dirt off his sandals after awhile and moved on. No? I was stuck with this enigma. She also suspects that if there is a heaven, that she is more deserving because her kindness towards people through the years has earned her way. Oh I forgot to mention, she is narcistic. Having been a beautiful model and singer long ago along with her happy go lucky spirit, thoughtfulness, ( kids actually envied me wanting a Mom like her), she is just was stuck in that idolatry. I guess I am supposed to respect her freedom and allow her energy to disperse into the All Nothingness?
Hopefully God will yank her out of her bondage and into the light. But of course, that would be by force in a way. But who else can lift her veil of blindness? If hundreds of scriptures and prayers over 30 years hasn't done it, she will be free to go and disperse her energy.

I have a question. Maybe a really pointless question. But If you could never quote another verse to your mother, never bring up the the name Jesus nor speak of him...how would you present the gospel of Christ to her? How would you show her who He is without words?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to interrupt but the question intrigued me.
By my attitude. My actions. I feel I get insight into who Jesus is, by the way my parents act towards me. And my parents are not hardcore Christian.

my mother is ninety. She grew up (the only daughter)sandwiched between two pushy opinionated brothers. Both wanted to become pastors. One did, the other went toward philosophy. They argued and debated always about God and left a very bad taste as far as my mother was concerned for anything God. She always says God causes people to go insane. So it is a question I have thought about and have stopped preaching to her. Stop pushing verses. Stop trying to convince her with words. Agree with you about parents. My mother ...even if she doesn’t see it ...she has taught and I do believe cultivated within me forgiveness, mercy, long-suffering, grace, and a whole lot of patience. And Definitely Faith too.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yet none seem to fit (Imo) the description of Hell “fire” presented as a place others are thrown into.

Hello Victory,

Indeed, we are not speaking anout Hell 'fire', but the purifying fire of the love of God!
He will burn away all that is not worthy, and then the precious being that we have become (that He has made us!) will shine like the sun as we reflect His Glory!

Peace be with you!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Victory,

Indeed, we are not speaking anout Hell 'fire', but the purifying fire of the love of God!
He will burn away all that is not worthy, and then the precious being that we have become (that He has made us!) will shine like the sun as we reflect His Glory!

Peace be with you!

what is being burned up and destroyed?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder which ones those are though.
I think we can safely say a cult like Scientology is sourced from Satan.
Any philosophy or religion which harasses its members when they leave, is evil, imo.
That's one of them. I was almost sucked into that cult when I was 22. I read Diabetics and then took a strange class where people stared at each other without any communication. I could tell people, who were absolute strangers, felt uncomfortable. They couldn't focus for too long. I was good at staring at people. At the end of the class, they said I did well. "What? I didn't do anything." It wasn't Mental Telepathy 101, it was just a foolish exercise in overcoming the self conscious feeling of doing something foolish. L Ron Hubbard was a sci-fi writer and he sure created a far out "science of the mind" philosophy. I think the ultimate desire behind it was that eventually you can learn how to control people and reality - like a god. Of course it takes many courses, lots of money and you never seem to get there ... after your bank account is drained.
Tom Cruise didn'tearn hiw to control his reality, it came crashing down on him twice and lost two beautiful women. I guess he wasn't "clear" enough?

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's one of them. I was almost sucked into that cult when I was 22. I read Diabetics and then took a strange class where people stared at each other without any communication. I could tell people, who were absolute strangers, felt uncomfortable. They couldn't focus for too long. I was good at staring at people. At the end of the class, they said I did well. "What? I didn't do anything." It wasn't Mental Telepathy 101, it was just a foolish exercise in overcoming the self conscious feeling of doing something foolish. L Ron Hubbard was a sci-fi writer and he sure created a far out "science of the mind" philosophy. I think the ultimate desire behind it was that eventually you can learn how to control people and reality - like a god. Of course it takes many courses, lots of money and you never seem to get there ... after your bank account is drained.
Tom Cruise didn'tearn hiw to control his reality, it came crashing down on him twice and lost two beautiful women. I guess he wasn't "clear" enough?
Hubbard was evil though. An evil genius in some ways but still possessed.
I should add "my opinion". I can get quite dogmatic sometimes. :)

Reactions: amigo de christo