Glad you're sobering up after the holidays

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just wanted to say I'm glad you're sobering up after the holidays. Just kidding, but seriously if you want to share how your holiday went please let me know!

I'll start:

Luckily I missed traffic taking my sister out to Dads. It was a wonderful drive and blue skies. We had some pot roast that was really delicious. It was a chuck roast. Got to visit with family and the missionaries came to dine with us as well so we got some cultural info at the dinner table.

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One local shared how it has been His experience between Thanksgiving and Christmas anything can happen weather wise, freezing rain, rain, snow, sleet. One year 1st week of December deer season we were in t-shirts, other years the rivers were frozen on Thanksgiving.
blessings

Reactions: Debp and dev553344

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No traveling, No drinking, No full house, for Thanksgiving. Weather was moderate, had a lovely prayer, music and supper for two. All relatives are 1 1/2 hour to 1,000 + miles distance, and took advantage of facetime, as we do per usual.
God is good and are thankful for His blessings.

Glory to God,
Taken

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear friends dropped off delicious turkey dinners for my 93 year old mom and me as usual. They have been doing this for years. The husband waits in line at a restaurant for a long time to get them. They also give a dinner to another senior citizen lady.

Mom also watched the Macy's parade as she reclined on the sofa. I used my tablet so just watched a little bit.

Just wanted to say I'm glad you're sobering up after the holidays. Just kidding, but seriously if you want to share how your holiday went please let me know!

I'll start:

Luckily I missed traffic taking my sister out to Dads. It was a wonderful drive and blue skies. We had some pot roast that was really delicious. It was a chuck roast. Got to visit with family and the missionaries came to dine with us as well so we got some cultural info at the dinner table.
Lol, Dev, you really got us all going with your title on this!

Glad you had a nice time. What country do your missionary friends minister in?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear friends dropped off delicious turkey dinners for my 93 year old mom and me as usual. They have been doing this for years. The husband waits in line at a restaurant for a long time to get them. They also give a dinner to another senior citizen lady.

Mom also watched the Macy's parade as she reclined on the sofa. I used my tablet so just watched a little bit.

Lol, Dev, you really got us all going with your title on this!

Glad you had a nice time. What country do your missionary friends minister in?
They are ministering in our area here.

Reactions: Debp and Shittim

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My son in law was injured (fell off a roof 2 weeks ago=concussion, 2 broken arms ( one broken, one wrist fracture) gash in forehead requiring 13 stitches) daughter and granddaughter have taken turns taking care of him ( he can kinda feed himself now, but has help in toileting, etc--doing much better thank God--he swears he will never roof again.Daughter works from home and has 12 hour days and granddaughter is in online college. Neither have been getting any much sleep.

That leaves me for cooking and cleaning--both things i actually love to do. His brother does the dishes.

I cooked 2 turkeys , one Tuesday and one Tuesday night (we couldn't find any big ones, so did two smaller ones. )I also made pies on Tues in between cooking the turkeys, , and Wed I did the Green Bean Casserole and the Sweet Potato casserole. I bought a frozen lemon meringue pie, just because.:D We had Hawaiian rolls so did not have to make bread. My daughter was off Thur and made a yummy corn pudding. And I finished stuffing (Aldi has Hawaiian sage and onion stuffing--delicious) and potatoes and gravy. Very little prep on Thanksgiving, spent the evening playing "Clue"
Everything in aluminum pans--paper plates, plastic forks and spoons) Breeze to clean and put up.

We had a really fun time--as well as we could.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My son in law was injured (fell off a roof 2 weeks ago=concussion, 2 broken arms ( one broken, one wrist fracture) gash in forehead requiring 13 stitches) daughter and granddaughter have taken turns taking care of him ( he can kinda feed himself now, but has help in toileting, etc--doing much better thank God--he swears he will never roof again.Daughter works from home and has 12 hour days and granddaughter is in online college. Neither have been getting any much sleep.

That leaves me for cooking and cleaning--both things i actually love to do. His brother does the dishes.

I cooked 2 turkeys , one Tuesday and one Tuesday night (we couldn't find any big ones, so did two smaller ones. )I also made pies on Tues in between cooking the turkeys, , and Wed I did the Green Bean Casserole and the Sweet Potato casserole. I bought a frozen lemon meringue pie, just because.:D We had Hawaiian rolls so did not have to make bread. My daughter was off Thur and made a yummy corn pudding. And I finished stuffing (Aldi has Hawaiian sage and onion stuffing--delicious) and potatoes and gravy. Very little prep on Thanksgiving, spent the evening playing "Clue"
Everything in aluminum pans--paper plates, plastic forks and spoons) Breeze to clean and put up.

We had a really fun time--as well as we could.
Sorry to hear about your son in law. Thanksgiving sounded fun!

Reactions: Cassandra and Debp