Easter dining table decorating ideas

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On Easter day, everyone will be busy preparing to decorate their house. In particular, the decoration of the Easter table will also play an important part on this day. Today, I'm going to share my favorite Easter table decoration ideas for your reference. Immediately read the article below to "accumulate" more ways to decorate the dining table more abundantly on Easter.

icw2p4Y.png

Easter egg basket
An Easter Basket is a special basket filled with Easter eggs, food, toys, or other meaningful gifts. People bless Easter by exchanging Easter baskets, a tradition that dates back to the 7th century. However, Easter baskets can also be used to decorate your table. You can place 1-2 Easter baskets in the top corner of the dining table, this will increase the aesthetic of the table and create more excitement for children as well as adults.

Easter candles
This is also a very familiar symbol on this holiday, the image of the Easter Candle with a warm flame, bringing light and protection. The Easter flame is also considered an image that lights up a long dark series of days and nights and is a lamp that illuminates them to find true things and peace. The revived potted plants will add light to your dining table and also increase the aesthetics of the dining table.

Tulip vase
Tulips are the perfect Easter flower because they're reasonably priced, most grocery stores have them, so you can buy a few bouquets there and don't need any flower arranging skills. Even the most inexperienced person can create a beautiful vase just by inserting a bouquet of tulips into the vase. On average, each flower pot will need a bouquet of about 8-12 tulips. You can arrange the number of flowers according to personal preference.

Add Whimsy with a striped straw
Pouring your drinks into special glasses with striped paper straws will add a little fun to your Easter party. These striped straws will add color to the Easter party, you can mix and match the colors you like to make your own straws.

Napkin
There are lots of fun ways you can fold napkins, including turning them into bunnies. You can refer to how to do it on google, after folding you use bobby pins to clamp the two ends of the napkin together at the back (should be pinned inside where you can't see). You should choose napkins that are slightly larger in size, stiff napkins will be easier to fold.

If you're looking to create a chic rather than cute dining table, an easy option is to tie your napkin into a simple knot.

Flower vases made of eggshells
You can take advantage of the top part of the eggshell with a small hole to put flowers in, then choose small, pretty flowers to plug into this egg "jar", maybe for a little beeswax. into the. After arranging the flower so that the flower is fixed in the eggshell. The beautiful and economical egg flower vases will be a good choice for everyone this Easter.

Golden egg dining table
Easter dinner should be one of the parts of Easter. You can add some gold easter eggs, a black tablecloth as well as a white porcelain mug

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
On Easter day, everyone will be busy preparing to decorate their house. In particular, the decoration of the Easter table will also play an important part on this day. Today, I'm going to share my favorite Easter table decoration ideas for your reference. Immediately read the article below to "accumulate" more ways to decorate the dining table more abundantly on Easter.

icw2p4Y.png

Easter egg basket
An Easter Basket is a special basket filled with Easter eggs, food, toys, or other meaningful gifts. People bless Easter by exchanging Easter baskets, a tradition that dates back to the 7th century. However, Easter baskets can also be used to decorate your table. You can place 1-2 Easter baskets in the top corner of the dining table, this will increase the aesthetic of the table and create more excitement for children as well as adults.

Easter candles
This is also a very familiar symbol on this holiday, the image of the Easter Candle with a warm flame, bringing light and protection. The Easter flame is also considered an image that lights up a long dark series of days and nights and is a lamp that illuminates them to find true things and peace. The revived potted plants will add light to your dining table and also increase the aesthetics of the dining table.

Tulip vase
Tulips are the perfect Easter flower because they're reasonably priced, most grocery stores have them, so you can buy a few bouquets there and don't need any flower arranging skills. Even the most inexperienced person can create a beautiful vase just by inserting a bouquet of tulips into the vase. On average, each flower pot will need a bouquet of about 8-12 tulips. You can arrange the number of flowers according to personal preference.

Add Whimsy with a striped straw
Pouring your drinks into special glasses with striped paper straws will add a little fun to your Easter party. These striped straws will add color to the Easter party, you can mix and match the colors you like to make your own straws.

Napkin
There are lots of fun ways you can fold napkins, including turning them into bunnies. You can refer to how to do it on google, after folding you use bobby pins to clamp the two ends of the napkin together at the back (should be pinned inside where you can't see). You should choose napkins that are slightly larger in size, stiff napkins will be easier to fold.

If you're looking to create a chic rather than cute dining table, an easy option is to tie your napkin into a simple knot.

Flower vases made of eggshells
You can take advantage of the top part of the eggshell with a small hole to put flowers in, then choose small, pretty flowers to plug into this egg "jar", maybe for a little beeswax. into the. After arranging the flower so that the flower is fixed in the eggshell. The beautiful and economical egg flower vases will be a good choice for everyone this Easter.

Golden egg dining table
Easter dinner should be one of the parts of Easter. You can add some gold easter eggs, a black tablecloth as well as a white porcelain mug
I have never decorated my house or my table for Easter - it is too important to me to do such trivial things.

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never decorated my house or my table for Easter - it is too important to me to do such trivial things.
Thank you for your feedback, maybe it's normal for you, but for me decorating helps to increase the atmosphere for Easter.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your feedback, maybe it's normal for you, but for me decorating helps to increase the atmosphere for Easter.

I don’t think it is trivial if it is something you enjoy. I’ve never decorated for Easter but one year for Christmas we had everyone come to our home. I did white table clothes, a big meal, with candles set in glass holders that had cranberries floating in water as centerpieces. It was really pretty when the candles were lit. I’ve decorated for birthday parties in the past. It feels good to get involved (a celebration of life)and to put in extra time and effort for loved ones. I haven’t done this in quite a while because life becomes so hectic but I should, now I put off a gift for someone until the last moment. So, no, I don’t think it’s trivial but ideas like yours are missing in my life. Thank you for sharing with us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jennifer Rogers

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think it is trivial if it is something you enjoy. I’ve never decorated for Easter but one year for Christmas we had everyone come to our home. I did white table clothes, a big meal, with candles set in glass holders that had cranberries floating in water as centerpieces. It was really pretty when the candles were lit. I’ve decorated for birthday parties in the past. It feels good to get involved (a celebration of life)and to put in extra time and effort for loved ones. I haven’t done this in quite a while because life becomes so hectic but I should, now I put off a gift for someone until the last moment. So, no, I don’t think it’s trivial but ideas like yours are missing in my life. Thank you for sharing with us.
Thank you for the compliment, I'm also glad to have someone with similar interests. :)

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wasn't meaning to criticise, I think its more of an American thing.

Well, yes. Down past the equator, where it can be too hot to do anything like done up north much closer to the frozen regions, on the northern side of the equator, people tend to eat outdoors at the seaside where the wind is a blowing so any decorations need to be held down with a rock, or a plastic bag filled with sand, to stop them from blowing away, so decorating the table for Christmas or Easter is not very high on our agenda.

What is more important is the company we keep, as we remember what is important on that particular day, whether it is someone's birthday, a solemn occasion or a religious remembrance. The decoration may be good for the heart of the person who has spent the time creating it, but down under the wind is not so forgiving and will quickly undo all of that person's hard work.

My experience of people who like to have things "nice" when they entertain others, is that they are rather stressed out in attempting to outdo others with the ambience of the surroundings for that occasion.

The ambience of any occasion is usually created by the people in attendance such that any dressing up the surroundings can be quickly undone when someone is not in the "mood" that is expected of them.

Shalom

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Jennifer Rogers when I think of Easter I think of the Easter Bunny, painted eggs and Easter Lilies, here are some lilies, I will look for more later, gotta eat dinner:

potted-easter-lily-plant-605d5561e1eba0.64208936.425.jpg

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
At my daughter's church they place a plain wooden cross on the altar steps on Good Friday and then on Easter Sunday everybody brings flowers and fasten them to the cross as a symbol of the New Birth in Christ.

R.e21431b20f6eada325eda898188cbff8

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I bet the kids will be delighted to see the candy canes in the garden.
We always hide candy filled eggs outside in the yard and have the kids find them with their baskets. It's a fun tradition for kids and brings a family unity and happiness to Easter. I think it is also important to tell them about the resurrection of Jesus and the Hope of Life that he brings to us. They get that in church on Easter Sunday. The candy is just for fun. Here is some super Easter eggs for decoration:

ukrainian-easter-eggs.jpg

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At my daughter's church they place a plain wooden cross on the altar steps on Good Friday and then on Easter Sunday everybody brings flowers and fasten them to the cross as a symbol of the New Birth in Christ.

R.e21431b20f6eada325eda898188cbff8
The picture is really beautiful

Reactions: Pearl

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We always hide candy filled eggs outside in the yard and have the kids find them with their baskets. It's a fun tradition for kids and brings a family unity and happiness to Easter. I think it is also important to tell them about the resurrection of Jesus and the Hope of Life that he brings to us. They get that in church on Easter Sunday. The candy is just for fun. Here is some super Easter eggs for decoration:

ukrainian-easter-eggs.jpg
So colorful and unique, maybe next year I will draw eggs like that too.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So colorful and unique, maybe next year I will draw eggs like that too.
Yeah that's what I thought too. I think I would have to buy them for decoration. But they do really say happy Easter as a decoration. And the eggs mean something for Easter:

Eggs represent new life and rebirth, and it's thought that this ancient custom became a part of Easter celebrations. In the medieval period, eating eggs was forbidden during Lent (the 40 days before Easter) so on Easter Sunday, tucking into an egg was a real treat! Why do we eat eggs at Easter? | English Heritage

I think it is also important to let the kids color prepared hard boiled eggs too. It gets them into the spirit of Easter and making it a happy time for them.