Gnostics prophets and shamen please reply

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Greatest I Am

Jan 7, 2007
I have just joined your congrigation and wish to know if any gnostics like myself are here or if I alone have been touched direcly and in a real way by God ,through the Holy Spirit. I have yet to find any but hope others of my ilk are present.I take the label of gnostic to indicate and warn the congrigation of my presence because gnostics of ancient times were tolorated only grudgingly by the old churches. But allowed to remain thank God because the doughters of the older churches knew, that gnostics were touched by God and this was borne out by their wisdom and knowledge of God and the demographic of His domain. If you think you can take the heat of this kitchen of truth, come on in.RegardsDL

snaggs

Dec 21, 2006
Welcome, glad to have the opportunity to read posts from a professing gnostic, I personallyagree that there is no material, or physical value to be associated with the paradigms of our Faith, I seem to detect more of an “agnostic” undertone within this community, forgive me if I am wrong? (Readers) I also am a recent addition to this forum, it’s been interesting...I think you will find it equally interesting as well. God Bless my friend. :bible:

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
We believe there is only one true Word of God the Bible, However we do not interpt the Bible as main stream churches and religions and depend much more on Hebrew interptations of words and their meanings now some may find that forgeign to what they have been taught in Sunday school but I asure you it is Biblical and follows Gods plan of this age. That being said and I hope understood there are many anceint documents and writings that may shed futher light on many misunderstood things in the Bible I have read many but it MUST BE BACKED by scripture for it to be of any value. I hope that makes our postion here quite clear. We have no problem with you being here and appriciate your being upfront about it. We are not afraid of polite debateand thinking out side the box of religion and that maybe what Snaggs is seeing and you may be surprised to find what we see in scripture but as I saidbottom line on this site is THE BIBLE GOD'S WORD is the final Authority.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
[quote[I seem to detect more of an “agnostic” undertone within this community, forgive me if I am wrong? (Readers) I also am a recent addition to this forum, it’s been interesting...I think you will find it equally interesting as well. God Bless my friend. [quote__________________SnaggsWhat we claim here is not agnostic although you have some very good understaning of scripture that I respect you appear to fail to take into account that there is a larger over all plan in Gods word.When interperting scripture one of the failings of religions is that they just interpet what they want on a local bible basis they don't take into account how it fits or if it fits into Gods over all plan. Now I know I will get arguments that there is no over all plan that the only plan is repentance and salvation but that is not what the bible says read Isa. about joining together of the two two sticks Israel (the scattered lost tribes/christians) and Judah( tribes of Judah and Levi /todays Jews) maybe it will help you understand there is an over all plan if you understand this single truth you will have an easier time understanding why we teach what we do about 3 ages,1000 years ect. Then you can choose whether you believe it or not.I apoligize if I am wrong about your views I don't mean to put words in your mouth It just apppears to me that you don't quite get this idea Reptance and salvation is the desired result not the over all plan. Which by the way is thinly outlined without details from the very beginning in Gen.To put it another way if you don't understand the bigining you can not understand the End.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't characterize this forum as agnostic at all official or unofficial stance. I can tell you right now, I know that I speak for the majority of the members here (remembering that this is a public and open forum), that the Bible is the unfailing Word of God as his letter to us. All of the answers lie therein and only God can help you unlock them. I bluntly put very little to no stock in the vast majority of the so-called gnostic gospels. They have some contributions to be made, but as far as being the Word of God, one must tread very carefully.It is true that we do not seek to be aligned with one denominational church. This community was and is designed to be for one church and one church only, that being the bride of Christ otherwise known as the body of Christ. Because of this, you're going to find a wide spectrum of users here and some of them are agnostic, but you'll also find a myriad of other labels. We tolerate views that may not agree with us to a point. If one disagrees that Christ is not the only way, well then this probably isn't the place for you unless you're also a very respectful person.With all of this being said, if you want to discuss the role of the forum here, we can start another thread out of respect to DL. I am happy to answer in questions and I feel like this reply lets DL know where we stand because the staff here stands with me. Kriss's initial post summed up anything I could have said.Appreciate your candidness DL. Welcome.

Greatest I Am

Jan 7, 2007
Final authority is man's interpretation of those words.But I agree that our bible is the epitamy of guides for all to find God.Regards DL

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You are really quite full of yourself presuming that you know our heart we take our final authority from Gods word taken to the original language in its purest form which is the best we can do in the flesh. that is a really dumb statement as where did you get your so called knowledge if not from writings interpeted my man and not even included in Gods word yet you have set yourself in judgement over us that strive to stay in his word yet you strive to go outside his word.You do not even have enough faith to believe that if God could create all,controll the nations,know our hearts he couldn't make sure his word came to us in the form he intended.So you have nothing not his word, and little faith. The only thing you seem to have plenty of is self pride.

Greatest I Am

Jan 7, 2007
You may be right. When one is touched directly by the Holy Spirit, one head may swell. Being full of Him instead causes all kinds of changes. To take an inferior stance becomes more difficult. I hope you can get past past my attitude and judge my word instead for herein lies wisdom, not mine but the Holy Spirit himself.RegardsDL

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
It's not the Holy Spirit your head is filled with, it's the other spirit. Go somewhere else, they might appreciate you stuff.