• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Barney, you've asking everyone like a broken record, "Does 'Go and sin no more' have creative power?"
You don't seem to like anyone's answer, so you keep asking. How about this:
"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Heb. 4:12
It has both creative and transforming power. Those words to that adulteress changed her life. We try to be obedient to His commands, walking in the spirit, but practicing obedience is not legalism. A legalist thinks he needs works to attain salvation, that faith is not enough. We are justified by faith, not works - but this does not excuse us from being obedient.

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Barney, you've asking everyone like a nroken record, "Does 'Go and sin no more' have creative power?"
You don't seem to like anyone's answer, so you keep asking. How about this:
"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Heb. 4:12
It has both creative and transforming power. Those words to that adulteress changed her life. We try to be obedient to His commands, walking in the spirit, but practicing obedience is not legalism. A legalist thinks he needs works to attain salvation, that faith is not enough. We are justified by faith, not works - but this does not wx use us from being obedient.
Then we have no argument. And I do like many of the answers/responses to the thread. I don't remember asking the original question over and over again. In fact, out of 122 posts, I've re-asked the question exactly twice. You might want to pray for better ability to get your facts straight. :D Maybe your obstinacy is due to my not hitting the "like" link on any/many of your posts. Sorry. :( I'm sure your a nice enough fella in person. ;)

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might want to pray for better ability to get your facts straight.
Well, I guess I was exaggerating. But you mentioned it more than twice (post #7, 8, 28, 39). That's fine, it is the topic. Well, don't have anything else. MERRY Christmas.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I guess I was exaggerating. But you mentioned it more than twice (post #7, 8, 28, 39). That's fine, it is the topic. Well, don't have anything else. MERRY Christmas.
I don't remember asking the original question over and over again. In fact, out of 122 posts, I've re-asked the question exactly twice.
Posts 28 & 39 don't count.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Barney, I just want to share one teaching about our "dual nature", a fundamental spiritual construct that you disagree with. It's considered advanced theology, not all Christians understand it and he even states this paradox is beyond getting a handle on. Have you heard of Charles Spurgeon. Get ready for a lesson - since Paul's message couldn't get through to you.

The Spurgeon Library | The Dual Nature and the Duel Within

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Barney, I just want to share one teaching about our "dual nature", a fundamental spiritual construct that you disagree with. It's considered advanced theology, not all Christians understand it and he even states this paradox is beyond getting a handle on. Have you heard of Charles Spurgeon. Get ready for a lesson -

The Spurgeon Library | The Dual Nature and the Duel Within
Thanks for sharing. Over the last 30 years or so, I've read everything of Spurgeon's I could get my hands on. Great man of God. You're right, though. Too advanced for me. Still sounds like Hellenism. No different than any of the other pagan influences embedded into evangelical mainstream Christianity. "Paradox beyond getting a handle on." That's a knee-slapper, that'n is. Unfortunately, dual nature is not the only thing upon which Spurgeon was misled.

since Paul's message couldn't get through to you.
Why so insulting? Can't you communicate without condescension?

I prefer my Bible study simple. Like this:
Are The Dead Really Dead? | Bible Study Guides | Amazing Facts

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing. Over the last 30 years or so, I've read everything of Spurgeon's I could get my hands on. Great man of God. You're right, though. Too advanced for me. Still sounds like Hellenism. No different than any of the other pagan influences embedded into evangelical mainstream Christianity. "Paradox beyond getting a handle on." That's a knee-slapper, that'n is. Unfortunately, dual nature is not the only thing upon which Spurgeon was misled.

Why so insulting? Can't you communicate without condescension?

Are The Dead Really Dead? | Bible Study Guides | Amazing Facts
Spiritually we are cleansed and dead to sin, we are no longer slaves to It, but it still dwells in the members if our flesh. This is how and why people backside into their old ways/habits. This is why we are still sinners - though we have been forgiven, hence the paradox.

Paul taught this theology, no condescension - You just didn't get it.
>>> Romans 7:21-25.
It's considered Reformed theology, RC Sproul taught this as well as many others.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritually we are cleansed and dead to sin, we are no longer slaves to It, but it still dwells in the members if our flesh. This is how and why people backside into their old ways/habits. This is why we are still sinners - though we have been forgiven, hence the paradox.

Paul taught this theology, no condescension - You just didn't get it.
>>> Romans 7:21-25.
It's considered Reformed theology, RC Sproul taught this as well as many others.
Paul's teaching doesn't suggest dualism. He was often addressing Hellenists in his epistles, so he used expressions that were familiar to them. Perhaps it wasn't me who didn't get it. No, that would be impossible, wouldn't it? After all, RC Sproul taught it, so it must be true, right? (As long as we're feigning benevolence) I get it. You (and the folks who taught you) just couldn't be wrong.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 7:14-25 is Paul using the literary tactic of identification (which he said was his practice in 1 Corinthians 9:22) to identify himself as carnal in order to define carnality; though he himself was not carnal.

For it is not possible that a carnally-minded person would be able to pen holy scripture (see 2 Peter 1:21).

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are rich lessons to be learned from the OT sanctuary service.

By M L Andreason
The flour used in the meal offerings was not to be offered dry; it was to be mingled with oil, or anointed with oil. (Leviticus 2:4,5) The oil is the Spirit of God. Only as a life is sanctified by the Spirit,
mixed with it, anointed with it, can it be pleasing to God. Suffering, in and of itself, may not be a blessing. It may only lead to hardness of heart, bitterness of spirit. But as God's Spirit takes possession of the soul, as the sweet spirit of the Master permeates the life, the fragrance of a dedicated life becomes pure.
As the incense offered each morning and evening in the holy place was emblematic of the righteousness of Christ which ascended with the prayers of the priest for the nation as a. sweet savor unto
God. So the incense offered in connection with each meal offering was efficacious for the individual. It was making a personal application of that which otherwise was only general. In the morning and evening sacrifice the priest prayed for the people. In the meal offering the incense was applied to the individual soul.
In the minds of the Israelites, incense and prayer were closely associated. Morning and evening, as the incense-symbolizing Christ's merits and intercession ascended in the holy place, prayers were offered throughout the nation. Not only did the incense permeate the holy and the most holy place, but its fragrance was noted far around the tabernacle. Everywhere it bespoke prayer and called men to communion with God.
Prayer is vital to Christianity. It is the breath of the soul. It is the vital element in every activity of life. It must accompany every sacrifice, make fragrant every offering. It is not only an important ingredient of Christianity, it is the very life of it. Without its vital breath, life soon ceases; and with the cessation of life, decomposition sets in, and that which should be a savor of life unto life becomes a savor of death unto death.
“Every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.” Mark 9:49. Fire purifies; salt preserves. To be salted with fire means not only purification but preservation. God wants a clean people, a people whose sins are forgiven. It is not enough to be forgiven and cleansed. The keeping power of God must be accepted. We must be kept clean. The fire is to be not a destructive fire but a cleansing one. We are to be first cleansed, then kept.
“Salted with fire” “Salted with salt”! Purified and kept pure! Wonderful provision!
The meal offering, though not the most important one, has beautiful lessons for the devout soul. All we are should be on the altar. All we have belongs to God. And God will purify and keep His own. May these lessons abide with us.

Reactions: justbyfaith

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go, And Sin No More

When we study the Bible

“Go, and sin no more.” (John 8:11)

Do they not have as much creative power as “Let there be light?” When Gods says “So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it” (Isaiah 55:11), does it apply to “Go, and sin no more?” Or is there a 2nd-rate category of Scripture?

It should be understood that we are speaking distinctly of sanctification here. Justification has already been administered. The pronouncement: “Neither do I condemn thee” has already gone forth, earlier in the verse in question.

The ability of God to justify is rarely questioned.

But folks who attach any more than nominal value to sanctification are maligned as “legalists,” as if it were as a virus running rampant in the Church today. Is legalism really as serious a problem as liberalism? And should any hint of encouragement to overcome sin be denounced and ridiculed?

And if so, why?

Hi BF-

Go and sin no more- is not a question, hope, or suggestion.

The woman had talked face to face with Jesus, the Son of man, but called Him Lord, indicating her heartfelt belief IN Him TO Him.

The woman THAT moment Lawfully Became Legally Separated/ SET APART (which IS Sanctified) .... and Lawfully JUSTIFIED ...to be Claimed by the Lord on the Day The Lord Descends From Heaven TO the Clouds, and the ArchAngel Sounds the Trump, calling up to the Clouds the Justified WHO ARE "Spiritually" Quickened (Born Again) and Spiritually "IN" Christ the Lord Jesus.

That day, that woman was MADE Whole.
From THAT day, THAT woman could Sin NO MORE.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are the dead really dead?

A long time ago, I spent months, learning and studying....How to STUDY.

The Bible IS A Complex Book of "KNOWLEDGE" (History, Experiences, Teaching, Beliefs, Rejections of ideas, Thoughts, & beliefs, characters, Examples, etc.)

• The Individual READING...is going to hear Interesting, Amazing, Unfathomable, Simple,
Things.

• Man's NATURE is to Mind-Wise, believe some things, Instantly , by his Minds LOGICAL thought, dismiss some things as, eh, "I doubt that".

• Point being...the Bible IS "KNOWLEDGE"
(Not a Book of "UNDERSTANDING")

• It is mans NATURE...man's IMPATIENCE, to immediately want TO UNDERSTAND or SEE something...."BEFORE"...he is willing to COMMIT TO BELIEVING the "KNOWLEDGE" he is "HEARING".

• it's man's Nature...ya you tell me something...BUT...I'll BELEIVE IT...WHEN?
When..."you PROVE what you Say"...or When..."I SEE that for myself."

Point Being- A man HAS to MAKE A "DECISION" /A "CHOICE....TO Really GET the MOST Benefit From Reading And Studying Scripture.

And that Decision "IS"... Choosing to BELIEVE, EVERY WORD of SCRIPTURE...
"IS TRUE" (even when you do not YET understand it).

Jumping that hurdle ... Changes the WHOLE "concept" of Bible Study....FROM the interruption of reading Knowledge, and going off on (an UNPREPARED Tangent) of trying to figure OUT (logically/mindfully) how it "could be true".

I read. I believe every word. Period. I compare "words" among other verses. Study verses IN Context of (who, what, when, why, where)....comparing to others that the (who, what, when, WHY, where...Applies to an other...or Not) And "IF" it Applies TO me.

I read ... What Does DOES or Does NOT Apply to Me...
I Learn the "REMEDY"...To Get RID of What I DO NOT Want to Apply to Me...
And the "REMEDY"...To GET What I DO want to Apply To Me.

Bible Reading, Bible Study, For Me, IS Precisely...ALL ABOUT Me.
Me ...
My Desire, My Trust, My Goal, My Effort, My Belief, My Patience...
My Reward.

No one CAN Do those thing For Me.

The Knowledge is Precisely For Me. A Gift from God, For All men. A Gift, I take Personally, From God To Me.

The "Understanding" of "The Knowledge"...
Yep, sure enough can Be ... mulled around in MY MIND...(but I found that a Distraction)

The Scripture itself...PLAINLY Teaches...
"GODS" Understanding of "His Word"...IS NOT the SAME Conclusional Understanding, A MANS MIND "logically" "Concludes".

DING, DING, DING...Don't waste YOUR time "Trying to Figure out Logically IN "YOUR" MIND, what the Knowledge of the Word of God "Means". (It's a Fail).

The UNDERSTANDING...of the Word of God... Expressly, according TO Gods Understanding...
"IS" ... EXPRESSLY...A Gift;
FROM....WHO?
"GOD"
TO..."WHOM"?
"The Committed Faithful IN the Lord God Almighty".

WHO ARE the Committed?
He who Heartfully Confesses True Belief.

WHO IS the Lord God Almighty?
•Lord- Word, Jesus, Son, Maker, Holy, Truth, Spirit, Seen, Light, etc.
•God- Supreme, Father, Creator, Holy, Heavenly, Unseen, Power, etc.
•Almighty- Power, Christ, Seed, Quickener, Keeper, etc.

WHO CONTINUES "Receiving" Gods Understanding?
He who is Commited, Converted, (Saved, Born Again) AND continues reading (Hearing) and Wants Gods Understanding... Asks (prays) for Gods Blessing of His Understanding...for the Efforts the man puts forth TO READ and Study any particular Passage.

The Dilemma of MEN...many men...IS how they are taught and do PRAY to God...
Repetitions, to Saints, For material things, to Fix this or that (and then some even Telling God "how" to FiX something to their satisfaction!) , etc.

The Fact is: Prayer to God of a person TO God, is Taught to be, without Distractions or other people, noise, music, etc.
• And primarily ASKING for His Understanding of His Word.
• And Thanking Him For His Blessings...which ARE many, even when you were NOT yet committed.
• Praising Him, in Agreement that His Will Be Done, IN Heaven and ON Earth and IN you.

Gods "House". Heaven Created By God, For God, His Throne.
Gods "House" ...men Build, IS FOR God..."A HOUSE OF Prayer", for ANY willing men to congregate... TO ???
"PRAISE and WORSHIP " (via Prayer), God with like-wise Believing men.

IS... MOST man built Churches...a place where men Gather to Exclusively PRAISE and WORSHIP God?

OR...IS it a place...OF Gossip, listening to ball games, Fashion show, Texting, business owners getting sales contacts, Eating, Flirting, Sleeping, planning meals, Putting on makeup, baring ones Flesh, (scantly clothed), Being Entertained, Argue, Debate, Reciting man's scripted words on cue, and on and on?

Personally... I found ^ That atypical and have chosen to Not Attend Man built Churches.
Christ Offered, and I Accepted to be a member OF His Church, within Me.
Open 24-7, and my High Priest Always Available Expressly to me.

Are the Dead Really Dead?
Yes. A Dead Body is Really Void of Life.
What Life?
It's flowing Blood, (bodily Life) is stopped flowing, body Dead.
It's living soul (Life from God), departed the Body.
It's natural spirit (Truth in ones heart) Dead when Blood stops flowing.
A Born Again spirit (Life from Gods Seed) is Eternal life that departs a Dead Body.
Dead body buried , returns to Dust...waits for resurrection, glorified Body, and reunion with Saved Restored soul and Quickened Born Again spirit.

Dead Corrupt Body Spiritually, Dead Corrupt soul Spiritually, Dead Corrupt spirit (Truth)...
Spiritually Dead...(even while living)...
IS Dead...IF that Body, soul, spirit...IS Separated FROM GOD....caused BY having DISBELIEF in the Lord God.

God is the Creator of "good" mankind.
Jesus is the Maker of "willing" mankind ...
From fallen from "goodness" TO being MADE "PERFECTED IN Christ".

(Not perfect personally "YET"...but Yes Perfected...being IN Christ's Absolute Perfection.)

Yes, like you, I delve in Gods Word.
Hearing others speak About The Lord God, does Not influence me to Believe what "they REVEAL they believe"...Rather it entices me to go read and study WHAT they are talking About.
I may end Believing the same as an other or not...but it all hinges ON my Effort to know what Gods Word says, my Effort to study, and my Effort to Ask God for His Understanding.

Glory to God,
Taken