go to hell.....I dont care

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Here's something else Jaybird.
I have a feeling this site is against the changes, but I didn't take the time to read through it. The changes will be there, nonetheless.

Big changes to the Mass are:
Latin to English
Laity joins in liturgical prayers
Communion standing instead of kneeling

And more important changes...
Some having to do with spirituality....
Ooops.
Forgot to post the site.

MyCatholicSource.com - Summary of Changes Since Vatican II: A Revolution in the Church?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
just learned this one yesterday. How they ever kept a soul in a pew is beyond me
Good news and bad news.
The good news is that you're going to see God.
The bad news is that you're going to see Him in 10 minutes.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might be interested in that last site I posted for Jaybird.
The changes are overwhelming.
It's against the changes -- those that you spoke of in another post.
I think the changes were necessary.

If you're interested (no reason to be)
MyCatholicSource.com - Summary of Changes Since Vatican II: A Revolution in the Church?
Hey I am an old Catholic. I have never been an anti-Catholic even though my beliefs and practices have moved a great distance from where I was. My first real friends were my fellow altar boys. I went to the site and browsed the changes with interest where they touched on things of which I was not aware. While I agree that some of the changes were good, such as more Bible reading, something inside me rebels against changing so many things that for years were very right for me [even if I would not and could not embrace them now.]

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
just learned this one yesterday. How they ever kept a soul in a pew is beyond me
You do what you are taught and what you are used to... I was a good Catholic and no one could have converted at that time to anything else. When someone wanted to change the rules, the older people especially, but even many younger people as I was in those times, would not have tolerated it without question. I loved the RCC as it was when I was an active part of it. The main reason I effectively backslid from the RCC was that I had only attended mass at one place for there was only one place... until I moved away to attend college. I tried attending mass there and could not get interested or involved. I was never a good Catholic again. My only other serious effort was as a soldier stationed at the Danang Air Force Base in S Viet Nam. That effort was worse for me than the first one away from home [home was that old mission church in San Juan Bautista, CA].

Reactions: bbyrd009

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I remember at least one mass spoken in latin, even as a kid, I was wondering' this is a waste of my day". Ido remeber teh "our father" being changed a good many years ago.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember at least one mass spoken in latin, even as a kid, I was wondering' this is a waste of my day". Ido remeber teh "our father" being changed a good many years ago.
Just remember my friend that not everyone is where we are. God is looking at the hearts of people. I believe that He looked at mine favorably when I was an active devout Catholic. He had another plan for me so I am not there any more, but I cannot speak for everyone else, can I?

Give God the glory!

Reactions: bbyrd009

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just remember my friend that not everyone is where we are. God is looking at the hearts of people. I believe that He looked at mine favorably when I was an active devout Catholic. He had another plan for me so I am not there any more, but I cannot speak for everyone else, can I?

Give God the glory!
Amen, but I also see God trying to get a bit of light past those walls, but so many just plug up the hole and wont let it grow. Missing out on Gods best.

Luk 5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
Luk 5:38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.
Luk 5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

If only they would give up teh Old the new is so much better.

Joh 2:10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

Guess who got the good wine... We did, His best saved till last.

Reactions: amadeus

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you didnt bother to follow along in the English version of the Missal, which was provided for every parishioner, you were willfully missing out.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
then why the vinegar on your breath?
I really have no idea where you are coming from, Is it God you want, or are you going to save yourself... If you where to ask Jesus how many christian where really christians you would be rather surprised, that bit about narrow is teh way that leads to life and few there find it.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, but I also see God trying to get a bit of light past those walls, but so many just plug up the hole and wont let it grow. Missing out on Gods best.

Luk 5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
Luk 5:38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.
Luk 5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

If only they would give up teh Old the new is so much better.

Joh 2:10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

Guess who got the good wine... We did, His best saved till last.

So whats the difference between a pewsitter in the Catholic Church and a pewsitter in any other church?

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you didnt bother to follow along in the English version of the Missa, which was provided for every parishioner, you were willfully missing out.
On what religion, 20 years in that religion, still came out not knowing God, it has nothing to offer anyone but religion as all religions do, if not for Christ I would still probably be in there much to my demise, Have plenty of family who still are,

Reactions: Butterfly and pia