go to hell.....I dont care

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they have to continually proclaim themselves to be Christians to the christian body of believers, then what does that tell you about them?
Well it tells me they proclaim themselves to be Christians. And like I said, i never said they weren't.

So what is your point?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well it tells me they proclaim themselves to be Christians. And like I said, i never said they weren't.

So what is your point?

:rolleyes: Oh I'm sure you know what my point is, no need to dance around it.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
I don't recall all of the details, but twinc is NOT in sync with a number of the teachings of the RCC today. He would get along better with the RCC to which I belonged [prior to 1961] which was all pre-Vatican II [mid 1960's]. Vatican II made some very significant changes and twinc was a Catholic long before that and now either belongs to or supports a group of Catholics that want it all changed back to the way it was before.
what are these changes? i would like to read more about them? link?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I don't recall all of the details, but twinc is NOT in sync with a number of the teachings of the RCC today. He would get along better with the RCC to which I belonged [prior to 1961] which was all pre-Vatican II [mid 1960's]. Vatican II made some very significant changes and twinc was a Catholic long before that and now either belongs to or supports a group of Catholics that want it all changed back to the way it was before.
Gotcha.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Jaybird
You can't learn about religious matters with links.
If you're really interested, buy the Catechism of the Catholic Church and read it.

You could try the net too, I guess.
Good luck.

Reactions: aspen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I'm interested in discussing Christianity. Not Catholicism or Protestantism. Over the last 6 months or so I've been true and held to that point of view.

I know... There are those that will say, "we Catholics are Christians! " save it.. Never said you weren't. I am just not interested in hearing about it.
You're not forced to read any thread you don't like!!

Reactions: Helen

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Jaybird
You can't learn about religious matters with links.
If you're really interested, buy the Catechism of the Catholic Church and read it.

You could try the net too, I guess.
Good luck.
but a link would be a starting point. as of now i have no idea what you guys are talking about and dont know what to search for.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
but a link would be a starting point. as of now i have no idea what you guys are talking about and dont know what to search for.
You're right.
Sorry.

If you do use links, use EWTN, or Catholic links, or Vatican links.
You have to be careful (which is why I hate using the net) because some links are prejudiced and you'll only know what they want you to know.

Here are some:
https://catholicregister.org/item/15194-what-changed-at-vatican-ii

VATICAN II

Second Vatican Council - Wikipedia

Vatican Council II: light for the church and for the modern world

If you're going to ask Prof. Google, write
Vatican Council II
Changes in Vatican Council II

Vatican Council I was in about 1865 or thereabouts.
Vatican Council II was in 1965

There were also others, for instance the Council of Trent which was in about 1560 or so. It was to answer to the Protestant Reformation.

I'll tell you something I remember just off-hand. (I'm not Catholic anymore)

Before 1917 is was forbidden for a divorced person to ENTER a church.
After 1917 it became authorized by the church that a person could physically participate in a liturgy (the Mass) but not receive communion.
This was recently changed -- just one or two years ago.k
Divorced and remarried couples are not allowed to receive Communion under certain circumstances.

It's an interesting study, if you're up to it.
You might also want to check out the Didache (about 90 AD - an instructional manual as per the Apostles) and the Early Church Fathers, which are the very first theologians of the church.
For instance, Ignatius of Antioch knew and studied with John the Apostle. Polycarp, Clement, so many. I'm speaking of the pre- Nicene fathers, pre 325 AD.
Things started to go downhill after that.

The more we know, the better off we are.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Hmmmm are you sure about that?
I thought the phrase was, “It’s not WHAT you know , but WHOyou know.” ;)
Well, actually, we might be better off not knowing too much...!

" To whom more is given, more will be required."

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
For instance, Ignatius of Antioch knew and studied with John the Apostle. Polycarp, Clement, so many. I'm speaking of the pre- Nicene fathers, pre 325 AD.
Things started to go downhill after that.
so you say, but we recognize that sowing takes a while to reap now :/

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 5
19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back,
20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

Perhaps, instead of pointing fingers, it would be more beneficial to practice what you preach?

o

Job this twinc is nothing more then what they call a troll, keeping the responses going in service to the site, no one 87 years old talks like this idiot does unless he's drooling in a nursing home..

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As @GodsGrace said the links would not easily show the differences because major changes were established with Vatican II. Supposedly prior to Vatican II Pope Pius XII [Pope until his death in 1958] supported Bible reading by everyone in the RCC, but I never heard about that while I was active Catholic [end in 1961] because apparently someone either disagreed with him or was slow in implementing his wishes or some combination thereof. Now they read the entire Bible during their masses, according to what Catholics have said on Internet forums such as this one, every three years. That never happened when I was a Catholic. I was a devout altar and wished that the priest would read more than the little dab that he read with his sermon. I also never read the Bible as it was actively discouraged where I attended mass regularly in a small town in California.

The details of the changes would require at least reading through the documents of Vatican II, but would might require a comparison of them with what the RCC did prior to the implementation of Vatican II. To me it would not be worth the effort, but I cannot speak for others on this.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Here's something else Jaybird.
I have a feeling this site is against the changes, but I didn't take the time to read through it. The changes will be there, nonetheless.

Big changes to the Mass are:
Latin to English
Laity joins in liturgical prayers
Communion standing instead of kneeling

And more important changes...
Some having to do with spirituality....

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's something else Jaybird.
I have a feeling this site is against the changes, but I didn't take the time to read through it. The changes will be there, nonetheless.

Big changes to the Mass are:
Latin to English

Indeed all of the masses were said in Latin when I was there. As an altar boy I learned all of the responses to the priest in Latin.

Laity joins in liturgical prayers
Communion standing instead of kneeling

I remember when communion was always being taken while kneeling. Another thing about communion which has changed is that under the older rules only the priest drank of the wine. Now other people can as well...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Indeed all of the masses were said in Latin when I was there. As an altar boy I learned all of the responses to the priest in Latin.

I remember when communion was always being taken while kneeling. Another thing about communion which has changed is that under the older rules only the priest drank of the wine. Now other people can as well...
You might be interested in that last site I posted for Jaybird.
The changes are overwhelming.
It's against the changes -- those that you spoke of in another post.
I think the changes were necessary.

If you're interested (no reason to be)
MyCatholicSource.com - Summary of Changes Since Vatican II: A Revolution in the Church?

Reactions: amadeus