go to hell.....I dont care

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On what religion, 20 years in that religion, still came out not knowing God, it has nothing to offer anyone but religion as all religions do, if not for Christ I would still probably be in there much to my demise, Have plenty of family who still are,

Well, dont blame the messenger

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I really have no idea where you are coming from, Is it God you want, or are you going to save yourself... If you where to ask Jesus how many christian where really christians you would be rather surprised, that bit about narrow is teh way that leads to life and few there find it.
um, we were talking about you though

Reactions: aspen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, didn't know that was even a thing, ty

Also, for the record, the homily/sermon was always in English. It was only the part of the Mass that is repeated every week that was in Latin. By your 2nd month (at the most), you had everything memorized and translated in your mind.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
I would have found that funny as well xxx
Or incredibly serious...

It is indeed both. As for the serious aspect, how should that impact each of us? Or should it have an impact? Is there anything aside from checking our own walks that we can truly do?

Perhaps sorrow would be the only response for some of us.

However, there is also the hilarious aspect, it is funny.

OTOH: We could view it from the angle that the serious aspect caused someone who did not believe in "God" to pray to "God".

I am reminded of an old joke: Devil To Pay - Prayer Jokes

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It is indeed both. As for the serious aspect, how should that impact each of us? Or should it have an impact? Is there anything aside from checking our own walks that we can truly do?

Perhaps sorrow would be the only response for some of us.

However, there is also the hilarious aspect, it is funny.

OTOH: We could view it from the angle that the serious aspect caused someone who did not believe in "God" to pray to "God".

I am reminded of an old joke: Devil To Pay - Prayer Jokes
Read the joke.
Pretty funny!

Yes. I do think it's sad. I think we should be a better example to the world. Folks around here respect the JW's for how they dress and live and raise their children.

Shouldn't we be the same??

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. I do think it's sad. I think we should be a better example to the world. Folks around here respect the JW's for how they dress and live and raise their children.

Jehovah's Witnesses for all of the complaining here and elsewhere on Christian forums about them stood up for what they believed under the Hitler regime while the other so-called Christian renigged on their beliefs to save whatever it was they thought to be more important than serving God.

The JW's openly refused to join the Nazi organizations and would not serve in the German military. Large numbers of them were persecuted and imprisoned and died for what they believed rather than take the easy route which most of the supposedly Christians in Germany took. Germany was supposedly a Christian nation at the time.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
You might be interested in that last site I posted for Jaybird.
The changes are overwhelming.
It's against the changes -- those that you spoke of in another post.
I think the changes were necessary.

If you're interested (no reason to be)
MyCatholicSource.com - Summary of Changes Since Vatican II: A Revolution in the Church?

the Church is not free to change that which is established by God but is free to change and bind and loose whatsoever she binds or loosens - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I am reminded oft me an old joke: Devil To Pay - Prayer Jokes

Good one.
Do not know what OTOH stands for...my grandkids have taught me 'some' of the abrevs....but I don't know that one! lol

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think we should be a better example to the world. Folks around here respect the JW's for how they dress and live and raise their children.

Yes and no.
When I was first saved I was young and stupid and wanted to do everything I was told to do.
I stopped using make-up. Stopped dressing fashionably.
Dragged my hair back in a bun. And stopped wearing any bright colours. Oh, and stopped using perfume...because I was told to. ( We belonged to a Holiness Mission)

When some of our family members saw me at the next family gathering and I told them I was now a Christian..they said-
" If I have to live like that, then I do not want to be a Christian.":eek:

I am also ashamed to say ( this was 50 yrs ago) that when my sister-in-law gave me perfume for Christmas I ( rudely) handed it back to her saying-
" No thank you God doesn't like me wearing perfume." ( obviously not knowing anything biblically about the fragrances of the anointing oils God gave! etc. )

It took me YEARS to rebuild all those relationship that I so ignorantly damaged.:oops:I also told all the rest of the family that Christmas was of the Devil and we didn't keep it any more. :rolleyes:

Which really takes us back to what I know I say often....In everything, IF we are directed by The Holy Spirit to say or do a thing..it will be fruitful....but if it is only some mans "good idea" for us...it will hinder the kingdom ..not help.
Just my two cents ;)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yes and no.
When I was first saved I was young and stupid and wanted to do everything I was told to do.
Dragged my hair back in a bun. And stopped wearing any bright colours. Oh, and stopped using perfume...because I was told to. ( We belonged to a Holiness Mission)

When some of our family members saw me at the next family gathering and I told them I was now a Christian..they said-

I am also ashamed to say ( this was 50 yrs ago) that when my sister-in-law gave me perfume for Christmas I ( rudely) handed it back to her saying-
" No thank you God doesn't like me wearing perfume." ( obviously not knowing anything biblically about the fragrances of the anointing oils God gave! etc. )

It took me YEARS to rebuild all those relationship that I so ignorantly damaged.:oops:I also told all the rest of the family that Christmas was of the Devil and we didn't keep it any more. :rolleyes:

Which really takes us back to what I know I say often....In everything, IF we are directed by The Holy Spirit to say or do a thing..it will be fruitful....but if it is only some mans "good idea" for us...it will hinder the kingdom ..not help.
Just my two cents ;)
Well !
No wonder you don't like the word "works".
I've never heard of such a church.

The above is very extreme.
The JW's I know here are dressed modestly but very modern and nicely. They do their hair and wear make-up, but again, modestly.
They wear jewelry too. I find no problem with them.

They don't allow their children to celebrate Halloween, which I agree with although neither I nor my daughter have enforced this belief.
Although we do explain to the girls how it's a rather dark idea and that we go only for fun and the candy...oh yeah! Lots of candy...

So I would agree with the NO part of your answer, except that I've never experienced what you have.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Good one.
Do not know what OTOH stands for...my grandkids have taught me 'some' of the abrevs....but I don't know that one! lol
1vVlYWv.jpg

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well !
No wonder you don't like the word "works".
I've never heard of such a church.

The above is very extreme.
The JW's I know here are dressed modestly but very modern and nicely. They do their hair and wear make-up, but again, modestly.
They wear jewelry too. I find no problem with them.

They don't allow their children to celebrate Halloween, which I agree with although neither I nor my daughter have enforced this belief.
Although we do explain to the girls how it's a rather dark idea and that we go only for fun and the candy...oh yeah! Lots of candy...

So I would agree with the NO part of your answer, except that I've never experienced what you have.

Yes agree.
Where "works" are concerned, been there done that, as they say.
Done the door to door evangelism, done year of Pub and Bar evangelism...done hospital visitation...opened our home to deprived children...done soup-kitchens..
Done open air preaching and street corners.

And the thing is...none of it was very fruitful...and none of it cause us to be more holy...no makeup, no bright clothes, no perfume, no jewelry...did not make me more holy....but it did cause me believe (for a short while) that it made me righteous!!!:rolleyes:

We even left England, came to Canada ..sold everything, arrived here with a suit case each..that was 'real holy'....we moved up north to the wilds of Canada....100miles up the Alaskan highway and into the bush...where we lived with 75 other 'holy' Christians who were turning our backs on the world and the Beast System.
That, no electric, no phones, using an outhouse...It did not changed one thing inside us.... Just like the Children of Israel...'they' came out of Egypt...but Egypt did not come out of them! They still lusted the leeks and garlics of Egypt .

We can take the man out of the world, but never the world out of man...until God does true 'heart surgery' on us by His Spirit.

Yes, just a wee glimpse of why I do tend to shy away from the 'works' message. :D

BTW, nearly all our friends back then (70's) that we went to the wilderness with...are still very close friends.
We were truly bonded together. Living together in close quarters does tend to work on all our rough edges. LOL One reason I am on Facebook...it's good for just a liner now and again...for keeping in touch with old friends.
We have no regrets...God will use any experience to work His true life in our beings...and show us what is not His life!!
This world is not our home, we are just passing though :)

Reactions: Butterfly

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and no.

Just my two cents ;)
My experiences were not precisely like yours, but at times remarkably close. It was part of the learning process God put my wife and me through... We have traveled some since then but we are still on the road. She never wore much make up and stopped when we entered the UPC. She had seldom worn dresses or skirts when I met her, but changed her way on this because she knew I liked her in skirts. On both of those things after all of these years she remains without make up and wears only skirts and dresses. Not my pressure, but her own decision.

On me, I stopped wearing short pants and short sleeves many years ago out of conviction and nothing has changed that for me even though I have been a lot of places since then. When we attend a church service to worship the Lord we always wear the best clothes we own. For me that means suit and tie with nicely polished shoes. Old fashioned? So some people would say and perhaps do, but it is where we are.

On the holidays, we went where you went, a bit overboard, but over the years we pulled back on the really severe condemnation that hurt others unnecessarily.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have no regrets...God will use any experience to work His true life in our beings...and show us what is not His life!!
This world is not our home, we are just passing though :)
Amen, dear Sister! Give God the glory!