GOD’S Punishment For Disobeying His Fourth Commandment = Genesis 2;1-3

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are simply your opinions.
How so? I've furnished you with biblical references with my commentaries. Where are yours?
a) Believing is not "work".
Really??? Yes I know. Many in Christendom believe [pardon the pun] as you do!!! Read and learn, and remember you heard it first from me.

John 6:28-29 reads:
28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, "This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."

b) You claim that by doing any kinds of work on the Seventh Day Sabbath is still punishable by death!!!
Most certainly by claiming that if they accept and believe in Jesus they will be saved.
That is a Pharisaic argument, which Jesus clearly refuted
Chapter and verse please!

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How so? I've furnished you with biblical references with my commentaries. Where are yours?

Really??? Yes I know. Many in Christendom believe [pardon the pun] as you do!!! Read and learn, and remember you heard it first from me.

John 6:28-29 reads:
28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, "This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."

Most certainly by claiming that if they accept and believe in Jesus they will be saved.

Chapter and verse please!

To God Be The Glory
Matthew 12:8, "For the Son of Man is lord of the Sabbath.”

When you have read the New Testament and have understood the New Covenant, we can continue this discussion. You might start by reading John 6:35-40 and thinking about what its says...

"Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and anyone who comes to me I will never drive away, for I have come down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me but raise it up on the last day. This is indeed the will of my Father, that all who see the Son and believe in him may have eternal life, and I will raise them up on the last day.”

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 12:8, "For the Son of Man is lord of the Sabbath.”

When you have read the New Testament and have understood the New Covenant, we can continue this discussion. You might start by reading John 6:35-40 and thinking about what its says...
YOU should practice what you preach!!!

Although scriptures interrelate from Genesis to Revelation, your Scripture references of Matthew 12:8 and John 6:35-40 does not compute with Matthew 28:1 which is the referenced topic at hand.

You see, God had to change the Old Testament "Seventh Day Sabbath" of no work of any kind is to be done, to the "First Day of the Week" which called for intense spiritual work. Why the change is so significant? BECAUSE GOD ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK:

1) Created the world.
2) Raised the Lord Jesus.
3) Began to evangelize the world on Pentecost.
4) Told the believers not to neglect the assembling together of the church.

In the Greek, Matthew 28:1 in part is rendered:
"In the end of the sabbath [plural Greek word "sabaton," 7th Day Sabbath is in view] as it began to dawn (to grow light)] toward the first day of the week [same Greek plural word, "sabaton"]

Note* the word "day" is italicized by the printer to mean it is not in the original manuscripts.

To God Be The Glory

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU should practice what you preach!!!

Although scriptures interrelate from Genesis to Revelation, your Scripture references of Matthew 12:8 and John 6:35-40 does not compute with Matthew 28:1 which is the referenced topic at hand.

You see, God had to change the Old Testament "Seventh Day Sabbath" of no work of any kind is to be done, to the "First Day of the Week" which called for intense spiritual work. Why the change is so significant? BECAUSE GOD ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK:

1) Created the world.
2) Raised the Lord Jesus.
3) Began to evangelize the world on Pentecost.
4) Told the believers not to neglect the assembling together of the church.

In the Greek, Matthew 28:1 in part is rendered:
"In the end of the sabbath [plural Greek word "sabaton," 7th Day Sabbath is in view] as it began to dawn (to grow light)] toward the first day of the week [same Greek plural word, "sabaton"]

Note* the word "day" is italicized by the printer to mean it is not in the original manuscripts.

To God Be The Glory
I have no idea what you're trying to prove. Are you some know-it-all first-year student of Greek?

Your doctrine of "spiritual work" is unfounded. Where is that concept found in the Bible? Creation of the world, raising Jesus, beginning to evangelize the world, and telling believers not to neglect the assembling together are anything but "spiritual" work.

Matthew 28:1 reads, "After the Sabbath, as the first day of the week was dawning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb." NRSVue; "Now after the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb." NET; "In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre." KJV

(Note* the word "day" is not italicized by the printer in most versions)

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Genesis 2;1-3

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made.

Exodus 20:8-11

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Numbers 16:31-38

And it came to pass, as he had made an end of speaking all these words, that the ground clave asunder that was under them: And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods. They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation. And all Israel that were round about them fled at the cry of them: for they said, Lest the earth swallow us up also. And there came out a fire from the LORD, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto Eleazar the son of Aaron the priest, that he take up the censers out of the burning, and scatter thou the fire yonder; for they are hallowed. The censers of these sinners against their own souls, let them make them broad plates for a covering of the altar: for they offered them before the LORD, therefore they are hallowed: and they shall be a sign unto the children of Israel.

Exodus 31:14-15

Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

Isaiah 56;2, 6-7

Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.

Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve Him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

Ezekiel 20:21

Notwithstanding the children rebelled against me: they walked not in my statutes, neither kept my judgments to do them, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; they polluted my sabbaths: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the wilderness.

II Chronicles 36:19-21

And they burnt the house of God, and brake down the wall of Jerusalem, and burnt all the palaces thereof with fire, and destroyed all the goodly vessels thereof. And them that had escaped from the sword carried he away to Babylon; where they were servants to him and his sons until the reign of the kingdom of Persia: To fulfil the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah, until the land had enjoyed her sabbaths: for as long as she lay desolate she kept sabbath, to fulfil threescore and ten years.

Ezekiel 20:12-13

Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them. But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and my sabbaths they greatly polluted: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them in the wilderness, to consume them.

Ezekiel 22:26

Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.

Ezekiel 23:38-39

Moreover this they have done unto me: they have defiled my sanctuary in the same day, and have profaned my sabbaths. For when they had slain their children to their idols, then they came the same day into my sanctuary to profane it; and, lo, thus have they done in the midst of mine house.

Jeremiah 17:24-27

And it shall come to pass, if ye diligently hearken unto me, saith the LORD, to bring in no burden through the gates of this city on the sabbath day, but hallow the sabbath day, to do no work therein; Then shall there enter into the gates of this city kings and princes sitting upon the throne of David, riding in chariots and on horses, they, and their princes, the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem: and this city shall remain for ever. And they shall come from the cities of Judah, and from the places about Jerusalem, and from the land of Benjamin, and from the plain, and from the mountains, and from the south, bringing burnt offerings, and sacrifices, and meat offerings, and incense, and bringing sacrifices of praise, unto the house of the LORD. But if ye will not hearken unto me to hallow the sabbath day, and not to bear a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the sabbath day; then will I kindle a fire in the gates thereof, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.

Nehemiah 13:17-22

Then I contended with the nobles of Judah, and said unto them, What evil thing is this that ye do, and profane the sabbath day? Did not your fathers thus, and did not our God bring all this evil upon us, and upon this city? yet ye bring more wrath upon Israel by profaning the sabbath. And it came to pass, that when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the sabbath, I commanded that the gates should be shut, and charged that they should not be opened till after the sabbath: and some of my servants set I at the gates, that there should no burden be brought in on the sabbath day. So the merchants and sellers of all kind of ware lodged without Jerusalem once or twice. Then I testified against them, and said unto them, Why lodge ye about the wall? if ye do so again, I will lay hands on you. From that time forth came they no more on the sabbath. And I commanded the Levites that they should cleanse themselves, and that they should come and keep the gates, to sanctify the sabbath day. Remember me, O my God, concerning this also, and spare me according to the greatness of thy mercy.

AMEN
I notice you have not quoted any verses from the New Testament that talk about the sabbath, Are they irrelevant?

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea what you're trying to prove. Are you some know-it-all first-year student of Greek?
No but thanks for the compliment. For your info I use concordances. Try it sometime you might like it too.
Your doctrine of "spiritual work" is unfounded. Where is that concept found in the Bible? Creation of the world, raising Jesus, beginning to evangelize the world, and telling believers not to neglect the assembling together are anything but "spiritual" work.
Since you don't know....here: 1 Corinthians 2:12-14 reads:

12) Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13) Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14) But the natural man [YOU] receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

Matthew 28:1 reads, "After the Sabbath, as the first day of the week was dawning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb." NRSVue; "Now after the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb." NET; "In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre." KJV

(Note* the word "day" is not italicized by the printer in most versions)
So, are you saying the KJV Bible is NOT the Word of God?

To God Be The Glory

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No but thanks for the compliment. For your info I use concordances. Try it sometime you might like it too.

Since you don't know....here: 1 Corinthians 2:12-14 reads:

12) Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13) Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14) But the natural man [YOU] receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

So, are you saying the KJV Bible is NOT the Word of God?

To God Be The Glory
Be careful what you say! I am a Christian and have probably been so for longer than you have been alive. I am not a "natural man" that doesn't receive the things of the Spirit of God. I won't tolerate that kind of insult from you!

I wrote, " the word "day" is not italicized by the printer in most versions, which is a fact. And you reply with "So, are you saying the KJV Bible is NOT the Word of God?" I said no such thing. It's another of your distortions.. What I am saying (and have said often) is that the King James Bible is just one of many translations. It is written in outdated Englyshe, which results in a) it being often misunderstood and b) rephrased by people (including you) to change the meaning. It is not (and never was) the Word of God.

People who lack understanding, such as yourself, misuse it to try to prove false doctrine. And it's obvious that using a concordance isn't helping your comprehension.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be careful what you say! I am a Christian and have probably been so for longer than you have been alive. I am not a "natural man" that doesn't receive the things of the Spirit of God. I won't tolerate that kind of insult from you!
I apologize. I don't mean for my comments to be derogatory. God wrote the Bible. I merely quote and echo Scripture.

I wrote, " the word "day" is not italicized by the printer in most versions, which is a fact. And you reply with "So, are you saying the KJV Bible is NOT the Word of God?" I said no such thing. It's another of your distortions..
It was merely a question!
What I am saying (and have said often) is that the King James Bible is just one of many translations. It is written in outdated Englyshe, which results in a) it being often misunderstood and b) rephrased by people (including you) to change the meaning. It is not (and never was) the Word of God.

People who lack understanding, such as yourself, misuse it to try to prove false doctrine. And it's obvious that using a concordance isn't helping your comprehension

The KJV Bible is an excellent translation as the 70 scholars used the superior Received Text, in my opinion. In fact, there are only a few words that needed understanding. One example is the word "conversation" which means "behavior."

There was really no need for other translations except to sell and make money!

To God Be The Glory

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I apologize. I don't mean for my comments to be derogatory. God wrote the Bible. I merely quote and echo Scripture.

It was merely a question!

The KJV Bible is an excellent translation as the 70 scholars used the superior Received Text, in my opinion. In fact, there are only a few words that needed understanding. One example is the word "conversation" which means "behavior."

There was really no need for other translations except to sell and make money!

To God Be The Glory
I accept your apology.

You can make a statement like "here was really no need for other translations except to sell and make money" but that doesn't make it true. a) The King James was not the first English translation. It was based on earlier translations such as Tyndale's and the Geneva Bible. The King ordered the accompanying notes removed because they diminished secualr rule. And many Christians fled to avoid his persecution of them.

If you think that modern publications of the King James Bible aren't there to make money, you are seriously deluded. You can pay well above $100 for a KJV Thompson Chain leather-bound Bible and by any number of modern translations for less than $20. Modern publishers are in it for profit, regardless of translation!

You have a very unfounded, cynical view of the need for modern Bibles in the language that all of us (including you) use every single day. The earliest texts were written in ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek, the languages understood by the common people. That was the case in early 15th Century England as well. Nobody on the planet today speaks/reads/writes in KJV Englyshe.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Genesis 2;1-3

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made.

Exodus 20:8-11

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Numbers 16:31-38

And it came to pass, as he had made an end of speaking all these words, that the ground clave asunder that was under them: And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods. They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation. And all Israel that were round about them fled at the cry of them: for they said, Lest the earth swallow us up also. And there came out a fire from the LORD, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto Eleazar the son of Aaron the priest, that he take up the censers out of the burning, and scatter thou the fire yonder; for they are hallowed. The censers of these sinners against their own souls, let them make them broad plates for a covering of the altar: for they offered them before the LORD, therefore they are hallowed: and they shall be a sign unto the children of Israel.

Exodus 31:14-15

Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

Isaiah 56;2, 6-7

Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.

Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve Him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

Ezekiel 20:21

Notwithstanding the children rebelled against me: they walked not in my statutes, neither kept my judgments to do them, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; they polluted my sabbaths: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the wilderness.

II Chronicles 36:19-21

And they burnt the house of God, and brake down the wall of Jerusalem, and burnt all the palaces thereof with fire, and destroyed all the goodly vessels thereof. And them that had escaped from the sword carried he away to Babylon; where they were servants to him and his sons until the reign of the kingdom of Persia: To fulfil the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah, until the land had enjoyed her sabbaths: for as long as she lay desolate she kept sabbath, to fulfil threescore and ten years.

Ezekiel 20:12-13

Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them. But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and my sabbaths they greatly polluted: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them in the wilderness, to consume them.

Ezekiel 22:26

Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.

Ezekiel 23:38-39

Moreover this they have done unto me: they have defiled my sanctuary in the same day, and have profaned my sabbaths. For when they had slain their children to their idols, then they came the same day into my sanctuary to profane it; and, lo, thus have they done in the midst of mine house.

Jeremiah 17:24-27

And it shall come to pass, if ye diligently hearken unto me, saith the LORD, to bring in no burden through the gates of this city on the sabbath day, but hallow the sabbath day, to do no work therein; Then shall there enter into the gates of this city kings and princes sitting upon the throne of David, riding in chariots and on horses, they, and their princes, the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem: and this city shall remain for ever. And they shall come from the cities of Judah, and from the places about Jerusalem, and from the land of Benjamin, and from the plain, and from the mountains, and from the south, bringing burnt offerings, and sacrifices, and meat offerings, and incense, and bringing sacrifices of praise, unto the house of the LORD. But if ye will not hearken unto me to hallow the sabbath day, and not to bear a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the sabbath day; then will I kindle a fire in the gates thereof, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.

Nehemiah 13:17-22

Then I contended with the nobles of Judah, and said unto them, What evil thing is this that ye do, and profane the sabbath day? Did not your fathers thus, and did not our God bring all this evil upon us, and upon this city? yet ye bring more wrath upon Israel by profaning the sabbath. And it came to pass, that when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the sabbath, I commanded that the gates should be shut, and charged that they should not be opened till after the sabbath: and some of my servants set I at the gates, that there should no burden be brought in on the sabbath day. So the merchants and sellers of all kind of ware lodged without Jerusalem once or twice. Then I testified against them, and said unto them, Why lodge ye about the wall? if ye do so again, I will lay hands on you. From that time forth came they no more on the sabbath. And I commanded the Levites that they should cleanse themselves, and that they should come and keep the gates, to sanctify the sabbath day. Remember me, O my God, concerning this also, and spare me according to the greatness of thy mercy.

AMEN
What day is the Sabbath day of God's Rest?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes we should observe the Sabbath. But strict adherence is not necessary. We should keep it holy though and do the Lord's service on the Sabbath. We should not be working as it is a day of rest. The slaves of Egypt got no rest.
Are people in sin if they work on saturday or sunday?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church moved from buildings in the Old Testament to being in dwelt in believers. You don’t need to go to church to worship and pray, you can do that anytime anywhere. Christians should learn to be able to read the Bible themselves, there are many free tools online such a a good commentary to explain passages to you. However the Lord wants us to be in fellowship with other believers at church but your body is the temple of the Lord now
FYI - There was only One building in the OT = it was the Temple in Jerusalem.

The Jews were forbidden by God to have more then One Temple. There was only One Place commanded for it to be built = Jerusalem.

Church buildings are not churches = only the People of God, when they gather, form a church.
That means anytime and anywhere. It does not need to be inside four walls. You can have a church assembly in the field, on a mountain, along a river, by a lake or at the ocean on the beach.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What scripture says that the seventh day Sabbath no longer needs to be observed and states the moment when the non-observance change took place?
Christ is the Sabbath Rest of God = that is why God Rested on the 7th Day in Genesis.

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.
Colossians 2:6

Biblethumper

Feb 19, 2023
Delran
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FYI - There was only One building in the OT = it was the Temple in Jerusalem.

The Jews were forbidden by God to have more then One Temple. There was only One Place commanded for it to be built = Jerusalem.

Church buildings are not churches = only the People of God, when they gather, form a church.
That means anytime and anywhere. It does not need to be inside four walls. You can have a church assembly in the field, on a mountain, along a river, by a lake or at the ocean on the beach.
I meant a place of worship

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David is just playing word games.
Not at all = straight Truth from the Word.

The LORD, however, spoke in parables, in symbolic form, in poetic utterance and in literal/straight forward = this is how it is!!!

EXAMPLE: John 2:18-22

So the Jews answered and said to Him, “What sign do You show to us, since You do these things?”
Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”
Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?”
But He was speaking of the temple of His body.

Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Biblethumper , @Jim B

God's Desire from Scripture

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you read the thread I said in the Old Testament before salvation was available.
My initial response was to your statement - "The church moved from buildings(plural) in the Old Testament"

Salvation was available in the OT - Psalm 62 and Isaiah 45:22

My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah

Who has declared this from ancient time?
Who has told it from that time?
Have not I, the Lord?
And there is no other God besides Me,
A just God and a Savior;
There is none besides Me.
“Look to Me, and be saved,
All you ends of the earth!
For I am God, and there is no other.