God and Israel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many believe that God is through dealing with Israel. This is just an assumption on their part,by not understanding the old testament.
The old testament "saints", or belivers,will rise from the dead in the millennium. They are not part of the chuch and will not rise at the rapture.
Joseph,Jacob,Abraham all wanted to be buried in Israel. Because they knew God would fulfill his promises of their inheritance. They will live there throughout eternity on a new earth and the church will spend eternity in heaven.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many believe that God is through dealing with Israel. This is just an assumption on their part,by not understanding the old testament.
The old testament "saints", or belivers,will rise from the dead in the millennium. They are not part of the chuch and will not rise at the rapture.
Joseph,Jacob,Abraham all wanted to be buried in Israel. Because they knew God would fulfill his promises of their inheritance. They will live there throughout eternity on a new earth and the church will spend eternity in heaven.
The Bible calls those of the new covenant the Israel of God sir Gal 6:16

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No one who seriously studies old testament can say the Church has replaced the nation of Israel.
This is a major problem for JW's, and many Christians - they have forgotten the Gentiles were grafted into the Jews Olive Tree - the Promises to Abraham, which have been all been made yes in the Lord Jesus Christ, are theirs. Many Christians will be gobsmacked when the reality of this hits them.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I love Romans 11:18 when speaking to JW's because they think God is done with natural Israel and that He will not honour His convenant with them.

The Christian must acknowledge that they do not support the root, but the root supports them therefore the branches can never boast against the other fallen branches (as JW's do!) (Romans 11:17,19), because they are being sustained by the "root" no other way around!

If and when God elects to graft them back into the tree it will be the role of the Saints to assist Him in this great task - but many will fall

Jer 3:14 “Return, faithless people,” declares the Lord, “for I am your husband. I will choose you—one from a town and two from a clanand bring you to Zion. 15 Then I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will lead you with knowledge and understanding.

See how only one from a town and two from a clan make it back to Israel? - this symbolises how many Jews will perish in this great purge and refining the like the world has never seen.

What is interesting, is how will Christians and JW's be shepherds to natural Israelite's, if they dont believe they are worthy of being brought into the New covenant?

And how will they be able to teach them if they are ignorant of all the OT prophecies which speak of their renewal?

Here is the issue - very few religious communities are able to reconcile Old & New into one complete revelation of God's Will and purpose. You could say for the JW, they are NT only believers, because they believe God has abandoned His people Israel and now they believe themselves to be the true witnesses in the earth.

I long for the day of reckoning when all Scripture will be understood and many humbled by its truth.

F2F

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love Romans 11:18 when speaking to JW's because they think God is done with natural Israel and that He will not honour His convenant with them.

The Christian must acknowledge that they do not support the root, but the root supports them therefore the branches can never boast against the other fallen branches (as JW's do!) (Romans 11:17,19), because they are being sustained by the "root" no other way around!

If and when God elects to graft them back into the tree it will be the role of the Saints to assist Him in this great task - but many will fall

Jer 3:14 “Return, faithless people,” declares the Lord, “for I am your husband. I will choose you—one from a town and two from a clanand bring you to Zion. 15 Then I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will lead you with knowledge and understanding.

See how only one from a town and two from a clan make it back to Israel? - this symbolises how many Jews will perish in this great purge and refining the like the world has never seen.

What is interesting, is how will Christians and JW's be shepherds to natural Israelite's, if they dont believe they are worthy of being brought into the New covenant?

And how will they be able to teach them if they are ignorant of all the OT prophecies which speak of their renewal?

Here is the issue - very few religious communities are able to reconcile Old & New into one complete revelation of God's Will and purpose. You could say for the JW, they are NT only believers, because they believe God has abandoned His people Israel and now they believe themselves to be the true witnesses in the earth.

I long for the day of reckoning when all Scripture will be understood and many humbled by its truth.

F2F
God will once again turn his attention solely upon Israel after the rapture during the tribulation. Imo

Reactions: face2face

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God will once again turn his attention solely upon Israel after the rapture during the tribulation. Imo
Yes though your understanding of the rapture/tribulation and mine may differ, the regathering of Israel to the Holy Land (partially done!) then 2 Sam 5 will take place - they must appoint Christ King and he must sit on the Throne of David from Jerusalem.

'" When all the elders of Israel had come to King David at Hebron, the king made a compact with them at Hebron before the LORD, and they anointed David king over Israel.

Reactions: St. Joseph

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one who seriously studies old testament can say the Church has replaced the nation of Israel.
Time will tell, but I think Jesus was correct: (Matthew 21:43) . . .the Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits.

I realize that you may not understand that, but it is necessary to understand it to understand God's purpose for us sir.

Reactions: Cassandra