God and Marriage

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who's the harlot church in your estimation? What defines it?
all of them, as is says,

Act 7:47 But Solomon built him an house.
Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Christ Church is people, His precious bride, it is not a denomination, run by and ruled over by men.

Luk 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
Luk 22:26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

which is exactly what men have done...

Reactions: amadeus and ScottA
D

Dave L

all of them, as is says,

Act 7:47 But Solomon built him an house.
Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Christ Church is people, His precious bride, it is not a denomination, run by and ruled over by men.

Luk 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
Luk 22:26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

which is exactly what men have done...
So you hate the church?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you hate the church?
mens religion are all an abomination...all of them, The Church not its not "The Church" its mens churches, nothing to do with God its egypt in another guise with Pharaohs making slaves of men, its Babylon filled with many strange voices, as it says

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

but teh people wont leave.

Reactions: amadeus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is one easiy way to do that.

Ask him to lead the family in daily worship.

or over sunday diner ask him a question about that mornings sermon that you don't understand etc.
The proverbs 31 woman is the church mentioned in the Old Testament. Where a lot of people claim it isn’t mentioned. Take a look at it as Christ praising his bride. And you’ll see you already possess the thing you want most

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The proverbs 31 woman is the church mentioned in the Old Testament. Where a lot of people claim it isn’t mentioned. Take a look at it as Christ praising his bride. And you’ll see you already possess the thing you want most
I’m sorry I meant to reply to mayflower.... anyway when my wife first brought this to my attention about a year ago I was amazed the Spirit had shared such a revelation through her. I now try to pay real close attention to what she has to say!! After all she is my helpmeet

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been a Christian for 57 years and married for 46, so I know little bit about the topic.

Biologically, the exchange of fluids between a man and a woman do link them. It creates a bond.

Mentally, living with each other the exposure to each other's thinking is challenging. Men and women do think differently and have different priorities. But over time the sharing of those things gives each a better understanding of each other and it literally knits you together in a way the unmarried cannot understand.

So when the Bible says to become one flesh that is more true than most realize. My wife is so much a part of me I can't imagine living without her. I would be in complete.

No, you really cannot compare one's relationship with Christ with one's relationship with their spouse. There are some aspects that are similar but some that are absolutely different. An example is we do not have a physical relationship with Christ.

Marriage is a hard thing to describe. The relationship eludes proper words.

To understand it you have to live it. Simple as that.

Then you understand the desire to be with and please each other. Simple words cannot convey that reality.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So when the Bible says to become one flesh that is more true than most realize. My wife is so much a part of me I can't imagine living without her. I would be in complete.
And when you go through a divorce it become even more apparent, it is like loosing a part of yourself.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Communication is the hardest thing I am learning with my hubby. And spiritually, he just seems pretty indifferent talking about God like everything else. I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife and want to focus on praying for my husband and daughter specifically this year. My husband is a wonderful man. I would love for him to talk about his faith with me more and be open about his thoughts. Or start to have thoughts. Very to himself. I want our marriage to be honoring to God.
The opportunity to spend time together in the Word is always good.