God and political parties

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that democrats are against free will should be apparent to everyone now with forced vaccines and the vaccine mandate madness. Limiting our oil resources against our will etc, etc. To include modifying our constitution.

Reactions: K9Buck and Truth7t7

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if the Democrats are the enemy shouldn’t we forgive them? That’s what Jesus says.
I'm always of the idea to forgive but not forget, especially when someone is injuring others. Do we lay down and die and let evil overcome the world only to afflict our children and our childrens children? They need correction. Such is the case in the extreme with abortions, etc.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the point is that if we have the ability to correct an evil in ourselves or others, then we have an obligation to do that. God grant me the ability to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Reactions: GaryAnderson

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's becomes the democrats are usually against free will, and for abortion, GBLT rights, anti-God in gov generally speaking.
Reps aren't entirely against abortion, and there are plenty of LGBT Reps. A lot of conservatives like the Trump family also don't view the LGBT lifestyles as being bad, and it is very likely that they have never once opened a bible to see God's position on it. Most religious Trump supporters probably don't know this or care, but he proudly employed open homosexuals in his administration. There is also the matter that there are plenty of atheist conservatives like Greg Gutfeld. Just because Reps are likelier to use God as a means to gain or keep political support, it hardly means they are pro-God. When any professing Christian objectively looks at what both parties do, they can see that both of them are equally godless.
So if the Democrats are the enemy shouldn’t we forgive them? That’s what Jesus says.
That would be the right thing to do, but Reps really don't care about doing the right thing. To them, the Bible is nothing more than another prop for their politics.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Either side of the isle want, above all else :( ... to STAY in power. When Reagan was in office early 80's, he was my commander in chief as I was in the AF at that time.

I would like to find this one article written by several of Reagan's aides, it's probably in my MANY favorites (cannot find anything in there, lol)

At on of his rally's, he said something like God Bless America, and additionally said something else I cannot remember. But when he said these things, the Christians went
bananas! Since then, the aides advised him to make the Christians his base. It has only grown since then so now I don't think we have much of a moderate base as, those running for pres. are pretty extreme, both sides. Satan has so many ways to instill hatred for others, especially Christians. Many say "We hate the sin, but love the sinner". That IMHO is bunk, for many who claim this show differently when speaking of certain people, unsaved....the hatred is palpable in their voices, or writings. We either love our enemies and pray for them, but not out of carnal "feelings" and indoctrination. The unsaved were also made in His image and, His salvation is to be had by ANYONE who repents and believes fully in Him.

Love those who are lost and do not know Jesus, show them kindness with truth. Pray for them, ask for a love for them even if their behavior is sinful. So once was ours. Jesus asked God the Father to forgive those who crucified Him, He still had love never ending and empathy, compassion on them. We need to do the same, yes?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I note that I hear more hateful things from the left than from the right as far as like…jokes or meanness when a republican has some trouble or dies. But…that could be that Republicans just don’t say it out loud as much and have more conservative manners… And then too, I don’t really view the nasty and unloving Democrat talking heads on cnn as representative of Christian Left…

I don’t think we should be involved in politics really, although we kind of can’t help applauding truth and denouncing hatred. And hatred is hatred, no matter whose mouth it comes out of.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear more hateful things from the right.

I don’t. I listen to both cnn and Fox and I hear more hatefulness on cnn. But again, I don’t see the hateful talking head and show hosts as being representative of Christian liberals.

Reactions: Nancy

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think we should be involved in politics really,

If Christians don’t involve themselves in politics, we condemn ourselves to be ruled by the godless.

Our God is a god of order. One can see the chaos with the push of 57 genders, expanding to Babel language and the ascendency of Islamic Sharia Law in the US due to their having no such reservation in having their ideology reign supreme all over the Earth.

Reactions: Truth7t7

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Christians don’t involve themselves in politics, we condemn ourselves to be ruled by the godless.

Our God is a god of order. One can see the chaos with the push of 57 genders, expanding to Babel language and the ascendency of Islamic Sharia Law in the US due to their having no such reservation in having their ideology reign supreme all over the Earth.

God is the one who controls the course of world events and who puts rulers in their place and removes rulers from their place. I truly believe Him when He says that. Quite aware it makes me look and sound stupid to many. Don’t care. I believe it.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I note that I hear more hateful things from the left than from the right as far as like…jokes or meanness when a republican has some trouble or dies. But…that could be that Republicans just don’t say it out loud as much and have more conservative manners… And then too, I don’t really view the nasty and unloving Democrat talking heads on cnn as representative of Christian Left…

I don’t think we should be involved in politics really, although we kind of can’t help applauding truth and denouncing hatred. And hatred is hatred, no matter whose mouth it comes out of.

Agreed, we should not so very deeply involved in Politics (the "cares" of this world). God ordains every person who is put in position, for good or bad. And, this would include those like Hitler and the like so, it is not that God will always put a Godly person in office, as He also puts the evil in there too.
Far as I am concerned, we pray for them, follow the laws of the land and pay our taxes. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.