God changed Seventh Day Sabbath Worship to First Day of the Week

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not the time and place for arrogance.
You'll have to wait for the day Lord shall have you stand before Him. Tell Him this, THEN.
Meantime you can prepare and memorize your speech.
Are you serious right now?????????? Oh my goodness... It must be full moon....

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YEP... That's what I say.... I WORSHIP 7 days of the week... I enter each day with the AWARENESS that HIS mercies are new every morning.
Saturday... Sunday.... either/or... EVERY day of the week is HOLY.

Yup... some people just want to be holier than God!

God knows the human body for He created it, and so He commanded a rest be given to relieve the pressures and burdens of life and to keep that day of rest holy because He too rested from His work of creation and the things within.

One day to worship, not two, not even everyday: yet people violate that command!

Yes, it is NOT a sin to worship God everyday, however it is a sin to violate His command!

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:
Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yup... some people just want to be holier than God!

God knows the human body for He created it, and so He commanded a rest be given to relieve the pressures and burdens of life and to keep that day of rest holy because He too rested from His work of creation and the things within.

One day to worship, not two, not even everyday: yet people violate that command!

Yes, it is NOT a sin to worship God everyday!
and yet ANOTHER ONE..... I have no problem with a day of rest.... I also have no problem if it's Saturday or Sunday... Because I do not work... I Worship every day.... I don't make an issue about ONE specific day...as I call that legalism.... but hey... I popped in to talk to @post... he is all over the place... I have to catch him where I can.... Have a lovely day...

As far as arrogance... I know a few in these forums that would fit that description... I am not one of them.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What day is today?

How did the children of Israel provoke the Lord in the wilderness?

Who are the children of Israel?

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I popped in to talk to @post... he is all over the place... I have to catch him where I can...

Hi!
((waves))

I'm getting the sense most of these angry people are SDA?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm getting the sense most of these angry people are SDA?
I'm not sure what they are... but they ARE particular about their days of the week... This argument about sabbath is so silly... in my opinion.
It seems like just another thing to argue about.... but then... I have just been accused of being ARROGANT on this very thread so... WHATEVER.... LOL

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This doesn't mean 'sabbath is changed' and it doesn't mean only one day out of a week is acceptable for worship.

To claim,
it doesn't mean only one day out of a week is acceptable for worship
or,
to claim.
I WORSHIP 7 days of the week... I enter each day with the AWARENESS that HIS mercies are new every morning. Saturday... Sunday.... either/or... EVERY day of the week is HOLY.
is all the same as the Seventh day Adventists'
claim that
<<the Sabbath is a memorial of creation>>.

All three assumptions contradict and transgress against the Fourth Commandment that God's People must
"keep the Sabbath HOLY" - that is, "keep the Sabbath SEPARATE", keep it the separate "day" of the week, because "the DAY (of the week) the SEVENTH Day is the SABBATH : OF THE LORD GOD, BECAUSE: in SIX days God CREATED .. BUT the SEVENTH DAY", God had "MADE the Sabbath". Jesus in Mark 2:27,28.
HOW:
"Because / in that God BLESSED . HALLOWED . FINISHED . RESTED the Seventh Day", "the SABBATH was MADE" - was made "good and holy and beneficial" -- "for man", and "remains valuable and mandatory for the People of God" AS FOR GOD "to the benefit of man" -- in particular to the good or and benefit of "the People of God". "For God . by the SON . thus concerning the Seventh Day had SPOKEN" PROVIDENTIALLY, and thus "the Sabbath was made" not from creation or for creation like all three theories would have it, but "was made" from "the Seventh Day the LORD RESTED AND REVIVED ON" through and in Jesus Christ "in the fullness of time" Exodus 31:17.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@GerhardEbersoehn ... You just go at it and claim away.... Doesn't bother me in the least... I am free to simply praise and worship the Lord
all the day long. Legalism is not my thing... but I have noticed there are many who ADORE it.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
and yet ANOTHER ONE..... I have no problem with a day of rest.... I also have no problem if it's Saturday or Sunday... Because I do not work... I Worship every day.... I don't make an issue about ONE specific day...as I call that legalism.... but hey... I popped in to talk to @post... he is all over the place... I have to catch him where I can.... Have a lovely day...
As far as arrogance... I know a few in these forums that would fit that description... I am not one of them.
As for arrogance - I 11 out of 84 (1 per 8 words, 2 per line), tells its own story.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@GerhardEbersoehn ... You just go at it and claim away.... Doesn't bother me in the least... I am free to simply praise and worship the Lord all the day long. Legalism is not my thing... but I have noticed there are many who ADORE it.
they ARE particular about their days of the week... This argument about sabbath is so silly... in my opinion. It seems like just another thing to argue about....

<<Legalism is not (your) thing>> -- selfrighteousness and scorning God's Word are your thing, see.

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
<<Legalism is not (your) thing>> -- selfrighteousness and scroning God's Word are your thing, see.
I will take that as a NO to dinner and a movie... Your think seems to be JUDGMENT.... sorry... that job belongs to JESUS CHRIST.

Have a nice day.... I am done playing this silly game....

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are IN Christ, then we are IN HIS DAY. He made it for himself and He gave it to man to rest in WITH HIM.

This DAY is NOW.

The Sabbath was a sign. It showed us/them what was to come for all eternity.
But they missed the mark, so to speak. They missed the sign and turned it into a work instead of a gift.

Forty years, or a generation...
walked in the wilderness with God. He gave them water from the rock, he fed them manna from heaven.
Their shoes and clothes did not fail them.
They did not have to toil and labour and be under bondage to no man.
They were walking in the Liberty of the Lord.
The was walking in His Day, His Sabbath.. and the people rested in it.
While they were resting, he was showing them the eternal Sabbath, not for one generation only, but for all generations to come.
He was testing and teaching everyday.. all 6 of them that they collected manna from heaven and water from the rock.
The seventh day was given to see if they would keep it, and honor it, and REMEMBER the SABBATH DAY to KEEP it HOLY.

I do not believe the SABBATH is a 24 hour period of one day of one week in earth time.

I believe the Sabbath is ONE DAY with the Lord as a thousand years, or a generation, or many generations..
or as long as man is willing to keep it and remember what it represents...
Our life with God at the helm and in control.

God Bless
Hugs

Reactions: post

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
AMEN! Liberty And FREEDOM, resting In And praising/worshipping The
TRUE Sabbath, JESUS CHRIST,

219180892_10209411484080295_7021808343821845611_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*shrug*

Romans 7:4
Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.

Reactions: Ziggy

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will take that as a NO to dinner and a movie... Your think seems to be JUDGMENT.... sorry... that job belongs to JESUS CHRIST.

Have a nice day.... I am done playing this silly game....

Silly me thinking everyone was SDA
I forgot about how some people think the 10 commandments of the marriage covenant with Israel saves them.

But I have died to the law, in order to belong to Him: Christ Jesus is my Husband.

Not married to a ministry of death engraved in stones, but to Life, eternal