God changed Seventh Day Sabbath Worship to First Day of the Week

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16863_81997c2602b9b123f4c2d30b5383ef53.png

Finally, I got someone to talk about the significance of the Seventh Day Sabbath as the memorial and prospect of God's salvation... but in simple terms explain... HOW

To God Be The Glory

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16863_81997c2602b9b123f4c2d30b5383ef53.png

Finally, I got someone to talk about the significance of the Seventh Day Sabbath as the memorial and prospect of God's salvation... but in simple terms explain... HOW

To God Be The Glory

Still wrong. Nowhere do we find i nHis Word that He changed why the sabbath is celebrated or that He changed teh day.

Teh church celebrates on sunday as tradition of the resurrection (the first day of the week) But not by command.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Sabbath was a sign. It showed us/them what was to come for all eternity.
But they missed the mark, so to speak. They missed the sign and turned it into a work instead of a gift.

Forty years, or a generation...
walked in the wilderness with God. He gave them water from the rock, he fed them manna from heaven.
Their shoes and clothes did not fail them.
They did not have to toil and labour and be under bondage to no man.
They were walking in the Liberty of the Lord.
The was walking in His Day, His Sabbath.. and the people rested in it.
While they were resting, he was showing them the eternal Sabbath, not for one generation only, but for all generations to come.
He was testing and teaching everyday.. all 6 of them that they collected manna from heaven and water from the rock.
The seventh day was given to see if they would keep it, and honor it, and REMEMBER the SABBATH DAY to KEEP it HOLY.

I do not believe the SABBATH is a 24 hour period of one day of one week in earth time.

I believe the Sabbath is ONE DAY with the Lord as a thousand years, or a generation, or many generations..
or as long as man is willing to keep it and remember what it represents...
Our life with God at the helm and in control.

PURE FREE-WILL INCONSISTENT RANDOM AS GOOD AND BAD AS PURE PAGANISM, EMOTIONAL DISOBEDIENT GOD-and-SCRIPTURE DEFYING RELIGION, HUMANISM, SUBJECTIVISM.
That's all this is.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Old Covenant is obsolete. Hebrews 8:13

Do you believe the the Ten Commandments is not part of the Old Covenant that is obsolete? But they are the only thing engraved on stone. 2 Cor. 3:7 out of 6-11.
The Old Covenant is obsolete, but the 10 commandments are not the Old Covenant. They are the terms upon which the Old Covenant was based. What you don't understand is that the 10 commandments existed before the covenant that was made at Sinai(as Gen. 26:5 clearly shows), and that God only revealed their existence to Israel in the desert. The New Covenant did not and could not abolish what was established as law before the Old Covenant was ratified(Heb. 9).

Paul called the 10 commandments under the Old Covenant the "ministry of death" because of the death penalty that was supposed to be enforced for breaking the letter of certain commandments. Paul was certainly not saying the authority of the 10 commandments were temporary. He stated that "the Spirit gives life" because as "ministers of the new covenant", the apostles were supposed to teach how those commandments were to be kept under the new covenant and that keeping the spiritual intent of the commandments guarantees that the letter will be kept.

The mistake a lot of people make when reading 2 Cor. 3:6-11 is that they assume Paul is saying the 10 commandments were made obsolete when Paul was actually saying the Old Covenant administration of the 10 commandments is obsolete. It literally makes no sense to believe Paul taught that the 10 commandments' authority itself was made obsolete when Paul's own epistles show that he upheld their authority and the Christian responsibility to keep them.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The ceremonial sabbath was not carried forward. Hebrews 7.12 shows that the law was changed. Hebrews 7.19 shows that what we now have is better than the law.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PURE FREE-WILL INCONSISTENT RANDOM AS GOOD AND BAD AS PURE PAGANISM, EMOTIONAL DISOBEDIENT GOD-and-SCRIPTURE DEFYING RELIGION, HUMANISM, SUBJECTIVISM.
That's all this is.
You would have me post the entire Bible for you then?
Remember ALL the scriptures speak of Him.
If I take one here or take one there, you will say it's out of context or make up some other excuse to justify yourself.
I don't need to justify myself. I have God's Word written in my heart even.
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus rose from the dead one day in the year, not every week.
Hugs

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am free to simply praise and worship the Lord
all the day long. Legalism is not my thing...[/QUOT

Legalism is not my thing either but Got has rules and commandments by which He governs the universe and to the people He created in it!

Because I do not work... I Worship every day.... I don't make an issue about ONE specific day...as I call that legalism....

You may not be working but the command to keep the Seventh Day Sabbath holy and not do any work is still in effect for everyone. And my contention is that God changed the Sabbath from the seventh day to the first day of the week which He stipulated in Matthew 28:1 by which we can't "see it" in the English translation but rather in the Hebrew language. This is explained in the OP and please note the title of this thread.

People just do not adhere/obey to specific commands of God any longer and put their own spin/take on it thereby do the opposite from what God has stipulated.

Still wrong. Nowhere do we find i nHis Word that He changed why the sabbath is celebrated or that He changed teh day.

I want to clarify that I've NEVER said God changed the meaning of the Seventh Day Sabbath rather, I said, God changed the Seventh Day Sabbath to the first day of the week which I've stipulated to @Addy above and to the OP.

Teh church celebrates on sunday as tradition of the resurrection (the first day of the week) But not by command.

Yeah, sure, and what did Jesus say about the tradition of men?

To God Be The Glory

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

really?
no one has mentioned yet?

My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations,
that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you.

(Exodus 31:13)

Moreover I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me,
that they might know that I am the LORD who sanctifies them.

(Ezekiel 20:12)​

God told us specifically, with two witnesses, why He gave Israel the sabbath:
it is a sign to Israel that it is the LORD who sanctifies them.

i.e. not we who sanctify ourselves.
i.e. it is impossible for pretending to keep sabbath to justify anyone.

God justifies you, or you are unjustified before Him. it is not of works, will, desire or effort, but by Him who has mercy. and if He is the one who justifies you, then you ought to 'be still' because He is the One who will fight for you, who will perfect you, who will declare you righteous through faith, and who will save you. that is why it is significant with regard to salvation: it is the sign of the Sinaitic covenant ((as circumcision was the sign of the Abrahamic covenant)), and the meaning of the sign is that it is God who sanctifies, just as it is God who saves: it is by grace through faith, not of works ((or non-works!)) so that no one can boast in anything but in the LORD Christ

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

i do understand the 'finally' sentiment tho -- over the years i've developed the impression that people whose whole ministry seems to be 'rawr rawr sabbath rawr' spend their time on actual sabbaths thinking about how evil people who aren't sitting around doing nothing on saturdays are. they don't seem to actually spend any time meditating on the meaning of sabbath; i find people who say that Christ Himself is their true rest, to be the ones who have a more sophisticated understanding of it. yet they are the ones demonized in these oh-so-common internet threads by the so-called-sabbath-honoring group. such people don't give much thought to Christ, it seems - they think about law, and how they are sanctifying themselves, because 'they keep sabbath rawr rawr unlike those wicked false believers'

weird eh
but our God loves irony

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
really?
no one has mentioned yet?

My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations,
that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you.

(Exodus 31:13)

Moreover I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me,
that they might know that I am the LORD who sanctifies them.

(Ezekiel 20:12)

I suggest you read Exodus 31:13 and Ezekiel 20:12 very, very carefully, because like you and many like you read the Bible very casually like it is an ordinary book, instead of treating it as an holy and spiritual Book!

God spoke in parables and without a parable He did not speak. A parable is an earthly story with a heavenly meaning.

Please note what both Scripture have stipulated: "It is a SIGN between you and me." In other words it is only a shadow of something in reality which is to come and that reality is Jesus. This can't be seen unless you are spiritual and have the spirit of God in you.

Does anyone who posted here know the spiritual significance of the Seventh Day Sabbath which has never been abrogated and why the stoning to death so severe a punishment as the man who picked up sticks in Numbers 15 received?

Why the punishment so severe? Come on folks, you are spiritual aren't you? The Holy Spirit resides in you, yes?

To God Be The Glory

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please note what both Scripture have stipulated: "It is a SIGN between you and me." In other words it is only a shadow of something in reality which is to come and that reality is Jesus.

Um.. Yes, that's what I said.
Read this part again:

'be still' because He is the One who will fight for you, who will perfect you, who will declare you righteous through faith, and who will save you. that is why it is significant with regard to salvation: it is the sign of the Sinaitic covenant ((as circumcision was the sign of the Abrahamic covenant)), and the meaning of the sign is that it is God who sanctifies, just as it is God who saves: it is by grace through faith, not of works ((or non-works!)) so that no one can boast in anything but in the LORD Christ

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone who posted here know the spiritual significance of the Seventh Day Sabbath which has never been abrogated and why the stoning to death so severe a punishment as the man who picked up sticks in Numbers 15 received?

Do you know why that man was picking up sticks? Who that man is?

Do you know why Jesus told another man to pick up sticks on a sabbath?
His mat, that he had lain on while paralytic. It's a bundle of sticks.

Did these two men pick up sticks for the same reason?

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone who posted here know the spiritual significance of the Seventh Day Sabbath

Yeah, Moses and Ezekiel do. They told us. So I know too. It is a sign that it is God alone, not you or i, who sanctifies.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Exo 31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

Mat 12:1 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.
Mat 12:2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
Mat 12:3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
Mat 12:4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
Mat 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
Mat 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
Mat 12:7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Exactly what "place" is Jesus speaking of?
Is it not the Sabbath Day, the House of God, the Temple?

Mat 12:9 And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue:
Mat 12:10 And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.
Mat 12:11 And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?
Mat 12:12 How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.

It IS lawful to do well on the sabbath days.

What does doing well mean?

Mar 6:2 And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?

Luk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
Luk 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Luk 4:20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
Luk 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

What day?

It was the Sabbath Day... and the scripture had been fulfilled.

He came to do what His Father sent Him to do.
And then He sent US to do what He had done.
On what day?
The Lord's Day.. The Sabbath Day.
TODAY.

Jhn 5:16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.
Jhn 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

How do you reckon?

Exo 31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

Did the Father break his own law?

Is there a difference between the Father's works and man's works?
Is God capable of defiling his own Holy Day?
And if we are told to do what Jesus did, are we capable of defiling the Sabbath if we do the works that Jesus told us to do?
And what were we told to do?
And why aren't we doing it?
hmmm..

Is not doing it defiling it..

How can a day be changed from one day to another day, if the day in question isn't truly understood?
Shouldn't we first understand the meaning of the day, before we go changing it to another?

just thinking..
Hugs