God changed Seventh Day Sabbath Worship to First Day of the Week

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To @GerhardEbersoehn, @Ziggy, @post, @ReChoired,

You folks are making the Crucifixion Week too complicated! I am not saying whether you are right or wrong but to the lay man it gets complicated, what with two feast days falling on the same week.

Let us make it simple by incorporating what Jesus uttered in John 11:9, "... are there not twelve hours in a day? and in Genesis 1:5 we read, "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night? And the evening and the morning were the first day.

That is one day consists of 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness, the same system of time as we have today.

Armed with the information above, my question is: "What day of the 'three days and three nights in the heart of the earth' did begin?"

To God Be The Glory
If it is as they say, and history repeats itself, which I believe it does,
Then Christ who represents all Christianity in the world, will be crucified at a specific point in time.
As in the Bible, you can see the plotting of it's elimination in the world around us today.
We know that it took a period of time from the inception to destroy and kill until the actual crucifixion.
Three and a half years was Jesus' ministry, actively in the earth.
We know that Christ was crucified on the Passover.
How important is this?
I believe the last attack and with full blown force will also come on the Passover.
What year? What day? What hour?
How did they know Jesus was the Messiah?
He is written in the scriptures, the Psalms, the Prophets, the Law.
We know the season..
How important is the Sabbath?
Jesus told us when we see these things come to pass to stand in the Holy place.
There is no other Holy place than in God himself.

This is in no wise complicated.
Having done all to stand, stand then with the FULL ARMOUR OF GOD.

STAND IN GOD.

If you can't read the writing on the wall, in our current situation..
Then find someone that can read.
Where is Daniel when we need him?

Speaking to the King of Babylon.. The world.
Dan 5:24 Then was the part of the hand sent from him; and this writing was written.
Dan 5:25 And this is the writing that was written, MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN.
Dan 5:26 This is the interpretation of the thing: MENE; God hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it.
Dan 5:27 TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.
Dan 5:28 PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians.

Everyone is talking about how divided everyone is. Left Right, Good Evil, Black White.. in every way.

You will need to choose a side and stand in it.
What is that you say Joshua?

Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

WE ARE HERE:

Psa 95:6 O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.
Psa 95:7 For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
Psa 95:8 Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
Psa 95:9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
Psa 95:10 Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
Psa 95:11 Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

LISTEN:
Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

WHAT DAY IS TODAY?

Is it the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Friday, Saturday, Sunday?

WHAT DAY IS TODAY?

Be standing in the LORD'S DAY.
TODAY.

Exhort one another DAILY, while it is called TODAY.

WHAT DAY IS TODAY.... DAILY.

THE SABBATH IS NOW.

God Bless
HUGS

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whichever <first day> in the Bible except the fourteenth day of the First Month while Israel was still in bondage in Epyt begins with evening.

Ironic that Sunday-Christians so desire to worship within the time-zone under bondage.

Now I too can see what you mean with <<The first day begins with evening>> and that that means <<15 Nisan, Julian calendar>> means <<night>> But how you got <<Wednesday>> there, is beyond me.
You yourself, say: <<Biblical calendar Thursday night. The first high sabbath of the feast of Unleavened Bread.>>! That's it, <<The first day begins with evening>>!

because if you count back from 'as the light dawns, early in the morning on the first day of the week' 3 days and 3 nights, that's where you land.

it's simply because of facts and math, Gerhard.
not because i am idolizing any day.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
because if you count back from 'as the light dawns, early in the morning on the first day of the week' 3 days and 3 nights, that's where you land.
it's simply because of facts and math,

Simply because of facts and math's YOURS, not a word or part of you could WRITE, COPYING Scipture. What do you think, it's not YOU making of YOU, your God? Have your confusedness for yourself. I WROTE every and all that I have WRITTEN FROM THE BIBLE, WRITTEN. Nothing has simply been SKIPPED OVER during the discourse in this thread -- only you have the broken reeds ends in the Vietnam booby traps which you have set for yourself to stand on, to lean on, and try to get out against.

If you want to get my further attention it will have to be WITH SCRIPTURE, not idols of the imagination. I'm speaking to the ghost <post> tagged as such.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply because of facts and math's YOURS, not a word or part of you could WRITE, COPYING Scipture. What do you think, it's not YOU making of YOU, your God? Have your confusedness for yourself. I WROTE every and all that I have WRITTEN FROM THE BIBLE, WRITTEN. Nothing has simply been SKIPPED OVER during the discourse in this thread -- only you have the broken reeds ends in the Vietnam booby traps which you have set for yourself to stand on, to lean on, and try to get out against.

If you want to get my further attention it will have to be WITH SCRIPTURE, not idols of the imagination. I'm speaking to the ghost <post> tagged as such.

"three days and three nights"
(Matthew 12:40)

Dunno why that offends you.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tbh I don't know why a thread like this can go on for so long.
Clearly Christ rose on Firstfruits, which is the 8th day / 1st day, not the sabbath of the Jews. There are literally heaps and heaps of evidence, including much pre-Constantine, that believers had the habit of meeting on the 8th/1st day, not sabbath. Specifically, 'not sabbath' and specifically because it's the day He rose and they were - uncommanded but by freewill - remembering that.

This doesn't mean 'sabbath is changed' and it doesn't mean only one day out of a week is acceptable for worship.

So honestly why the heck are y'all arguing??

Last edited:

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before y'all start attacking me for that comment let me point out that you have no idea whatsoever whether I personally keep sabbaths or what day or days I worship or congregate.

Cheers

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Firstfruits and circumcision both fall on the 8th day..

I find that interesting.
Hugs

Reactions: post

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Firstfruits and circumcision both fall on the 8th day..

I find that interesting.
Hugs

And the day purification is complete, and a person is declared clean

Reactions: Ziggy

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first day begins with evening.

15 Nisan, Julian calendar Wednesday night, Biblical calendar Thursday night. The first high sabbath of the feast of Unleavened Bread.[
/QUOTE]

So according to the Julian and Biblical calendars, the breakdown with Jesus' timeline of 12 hours for both a day and a night would equal to:

Julian Calendar
1) Wednesday evening to Thursday morning of 12 hours constitutes the 1st night.
2) Thursday morning to Thursday evening constitutes 1st day.
3) Thursday evening to Friday morning is 2nd night.
4) Friday morning to Friday evening is 2nd day.
5) Friday evening to Saturday morning is 3rd night
7) Saturday morning to Saturday evening is 3rd day
8) Saturday evening to Sunday morning is Resurrection Day?

Biblical Calendar
1) Thursday evening to Friday morning is 1st night
2) Friday morning to Friday evening is 1st day
3) Friday evening to Saturday morning is 2nd night
4) Saturday morning to Saturday evening 2nd day
5) Saturday evening to Sunday morning is 3rd night
6) Sunday morning to Sunday evening is 3rd day
7) Sunday evening to Monday morning is Resurrection Day?

Is the timelines above somewhat correct?

If however the calendar back then is the same as our calendar is today, then the biblical calendar which began on Thursday night would be the perfect fit for the "three days and three nights in the heart of the earth," that is if time began from midnight to midnight as we have it today. Then Thursday night would become a partial night.
Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol Gerhard, why are making such a public ass of yourself?

Some nerve struck eh

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This doesn't mean 'sabbath is changed' and it doesn't mean only one day out of a week is acceptable for worship.
YEP... That's what I say.... I WORSHIP 7 days of the week... I enter each day with the AWARENESS that HIS mercies are new every morning.
Saturday... Sunday.... either/or... EVERY day of the week is HOLY.

Reactions: Ziggy and post

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are seven days in a week.

Jewish sabbath was held at the end of the week; which was Saturday.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Here you go, beloved:

John 4:21
Jesus said to her, "Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father."

Extrapolate.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
There are seven days in a week.

Jewish sabbath was held at the end of the week; which was Saturday.

There are seven days in a week. "The day The Seventh Day is Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD."
<<Jewish>> sabbath OF PASSOVER was held on any day of the week; which was any of the 30 days of the First Month (for "you" -- Israel).
188906830_10209236949677044_5254390443179790312_n.jpg

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
YEP... That's what I say.... I WORSHIP 7 days of the week... I enter each day with the AWARENESS that HIS mercies are new every morning.
Saturday... Sunday.... either/or... EVERY day of the week is HOLY.
Not the time and place for arrogance.
You'll have to wait for the day Lord shall have you stand before Him. Tell Him this, THEN.
Meantime you can prepare and memorize your speech.

Last edited: