God changed Seventh Day Sabbath Worship to First Day of the Week

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know why that man was picking up sticks? Who that man is?

Do you know why Jesus told another man to pick up sticks on a sabbath?
His mat, that he had lain on while paralytic. It's a bundle of sticks.

Did these two men pick up sticks for the same reason?
You know what I was thinking...

The law stated that no one should go out of his place on the sabbath day. NO ONE.
And yet, apparently a couple guys decided they was going to go for a walk and saw this other guy picking up sticks.
Did they even wait for the next day to run to Moses and have this guy convicted of a crime, that they themselves were guilty of?
Nope, they even stoned him to death by violating the law which says thou shalt not kill.

Talk about a test.

So what does God do?
He tells them they have to sew fringes on their clothes to help them remember to keep the law.

Who is the guilty party? Is it only the man picking up sticks?
What about the ones walking around accusing him and throwing him in jail?
What about the ones picking up stones (forget sticks now) Stones and killing him?

Who is innocent here?

Num 15:32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.
Num 15:33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.
Num 15:34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.
Num 15:35 And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.
Num 15:36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.
Num 15:37 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Num 15:38 Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue:
Num 15:39 And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the LORD, and do them; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring:
Num 15:40 That ye may remember, and do all my commandments, and be holy unto your God.
Num 15:41 I am the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: I am the LORD your God.

Which brings to mind this verse:
Rom 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

still thinking,
thank you
Hugs

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know why that man was picking up sticks? Who that man is?

Do you always answer a question with a question?

Did these two men pick up sticks for the same reason?

None whatsoever.

Yeah, Moses and Ezekiel do. They told us. So I know too. It is a sign that it is God alone, not you or i, who sanctifies.

Duh, isn't it obvious?

Um.. Yes, that's what I said.
Read this part again:

Read it again. Almost but not quite. Try again.

To God Be The Glory

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another thread filled with misery and condemnation..... I have noticed there is a lot of that going on with many Christians.

Arguing about ONE day.... when all 7 are meant to be lived in praise and worship is simply another way to say.... LEGALISM.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law stated that no one should go out of his place on the sabbath day. NO ONE.
And yet, apparently a couple guys decided they was going to go for a walk and saw this other guy picking up sticks.

have a look at Numbers 14.
the people ((once again)) called God a sadistic murderer who had only brought them out of Egypt in order to kill them, their children & their animals. like creating in order to destroy. like saving in order to condemn.
and they would not go into Canaan, because they did not believe - and they said "let's select a leader for ourselves"
but Joshua & Caleb, who believed, lamented - they spoke to everyone and encouraged them to believe God, to enter
all the congregation wanted to stone them to death.

wonder who that 'leader' all the people who wanted to put Joshua ((Yahshua)) to death was, that they wanted to choose for themselves?
wonder why the LORD commanded that the whole congregation stone the man in Numbers 15 to death.

.. still thinking too
Hebrews says of this event, 'they did not enter His rest because of unbelief'

what does this guy intend to do with the sticks?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I do not believe the SABBATH is a 24 hour period of one day of one week in earth time.

Everybody think too much of their own believing and too little of God's doing. Everybody reverts to metaphysics rather than to physics. Metaphysics has to do with nonsensical nonsense; physics has to do with reality and truth. The Written Word of God is in the category of reality and truth; Men's beliefs fall under the category of emotions and the bad feelings of rebellion against God Himself. Check it, <<I believe>> never is in agreement with one simple "it is written" -- never ever, and is ALLWAYS, FREE-WIL REBELLION AGAIST an OBEDIENT "thy will be done" ... never ever an exception!
So Christians' mask and cloak of anti-Sabbathism against "the DAY the Seventh DAY-Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD", simply is Antichrist's pro-Sunday idolatry and blasphemy in it nakedness.

Not one Sundaydarian OR anti-Sabbathtarian EVER has to this day, read and noticed WHAT IS WRITTEN VIRTUALLY EVERY TIME IT IS WRITTEN "Sabbath of the Lord God", namely, written and engraven and preserved forever in letters that KILL ALL objection, "the DAY {in Hebrew} the Seventh DAY Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD", which means <<the SABBATH is a 24 hour period of one day of one week in earth time>> -- PRECISELY MINUTELY PHYSICALLY, and, Scriptural!

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You would have me post the entire Bible for you then?
Remember ALL the scriptures speak of Him.
If I take one here or take one there, you will say it's out of context or make up some other excuse to justify yourself.
I don't need to justify myself. I have God's Word written in my heart even.
Hugs

You heard the ring but don't know where the bell is or something. You heard something of <justify myself> vs. <some other excuse to justify yourself> while the bell sounded the Sabbath DAY of the Lord.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
i do understand the 'finally' sentiment tho -- over the years i've developed the impression that people whose whole ministry seems to be 'rawr rawr sabbath rawr' spend their time on actual sabbaths thinking about how evil people who aren't sitting around doing nothing on saturdays are. they don't seem to actually spend any time meditating on the meaning of sabbath; i find people who say that Christ Himself is their true rest, to be the ones who have a more sophisticated understanding of it. yet they are the ones demonized in these oh-so-common internet threads by the so-called-sabbath-honoring group. such people don't give much thought to Christ, it seems - they think about law, and how they are sanctifying themselves, because 'they keep sabbath rawr rawr unlike those wicked false believers'

Thanks for confirming the accuracy of post #450 et al from me.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jhn 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Exo 31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

Mat 12:1 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.
Mat 12:2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
Mat 12:3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
Mat 12:4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
Mat 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
Mat 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
Mat 12:7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Exactly what "place" is Jesus speaking of?
Is it not the Sabbath Day, the House of God, the Temple?

Mat 12:9 And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue:
Mat 12:10 And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.
Mat 12:11 And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?
Mat 12:12 How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.

It IS lawful to do well on the sabbath days.

What does doing well mean?

Mar 6:2 And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?

Luk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
Luk 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Luk 4:20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
Luk 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

What day?

It was the Sabbath Day... and the scripture had been fulfilled.

He came to do what His Father sent Him to do.
And then He sent US to do what He had done.
On what day?
The Lord's Day.. The Sabbath Day.
TODAY.

Jhn 5:16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.
Jhn 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

How do you reckon?

Exo 31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

Did the Father break his own law?

Is there a difference between the Father's works and man's works?
Is God capable of defiling his own Holy Day?
And if we are told to do what Jesus did, are we capable of defiling the Sabbath if we do the works that Jesus told us to do?
And what were we told to do?
And why aren't we doing it?
hmmm..

Is not doing it defiling it..

How can a day be changed from one day to another day, if the day in question isn't truly understood?
Shouldn't we first understand the meaning of the day, before we go changing it to another?

just thinking..
Hugs

In my tongue you are a two-holes jackal. You are a thread or fence or wire sitter, all TALK NO SUBSTANCE now against the Sabbath next moment ostensibly pro-Sabbath. In English there are many more straight forward words to describe you with.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Honestly.... this seems no different than the Catholic threads with all their man-made sacraments that only serve to keep them chained to the Roman Catholic church rather than enslaved to Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.

I have stated that I treat every day like the Sabbath and apparently this is not good enough... I enter into each day as though it is a HOLY DAY... and I praise... give thanks... am grateful for... and give all the credit to JESUS CHRIST... yet... because I won't proclaim Saturday as the true day of rest... my life means NOTHING.... OH my goodness.... Do people not SEE????

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly.... this seems no different than the Catholic threads with all their man-made sacraments that only serve to keep them chained to the Roman Catholic church rather than enslaved to Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.

I have stated that I treat every day like the Sabbath and apparently this is not good enough... I enter into each day as though it is a HOLY DAY... and I praise... give thanks... am grateful for... and give all the credit to JESUS CHRIST... yet... because I won't proclaim Saturday as the true day of rest... my life means NOTHING.... OH my goodness.... Do people not SEE????
God sees, and that's all that really matters.
:)
HUGS

Reactions: post

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In my tongue you are a two-holes jackal. You are a thread or fence or wire sitter, all TALK NO SUBSTANCE now against the Sabbath next moment ostensibly pro-Sabbath. In English there are many more straight forward words to describe you with.
When have I ever said I was against the Sabbath?
The Bible calls you a false witness.. wear it well.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the encouragement but I did not mean don't people notice me.... but rather don't people SEE how foolish some things are.
Sometimes things need to be sifted like wheat in order to remove the chaff (foolishness)
We find ourselves not wrestling flesh and blood but principles and commonsense.
Some people believe that debate and argument is healthy because eventually you get to the root of the matter.
I don't mind arguing or debating "topics" ,
I have a problem with personal attacks.
And those will come too.
But then you get to see the "true nature" of people.
We are still far from perfected.
Amen?

Adds a little fertilizer to that fruit we're supposed to be growing.
And you know, fertilizer can be acidic or salty, or alkaline.
Remember we are plants and it is God who waters us and gives us light.
And it takes insects like bees with stingers to pollinate the flowers that grow in the fields like lilies.
:)

They have to step on your petals and stick their nose in your business..
because that's where the pollen is, that makes us grow.
And grows more plants, until we are a fruitful garden.

HUGS