God choose Trump to Save the USA from Destruction.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I will.................................... :eek:

Obama didn't manage to stay in power, so maybe the powers-that-be won't let Trump stay either, lol.

well the difference between Obama and Trump staying in power is that Obama followers wouldn't tolerate him trying to remain in power

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump is the first President to actively encourage his supporters to wage war against people with opposing viewpoints. He is also the first leader to send federal troops into states to fight American citizens. He is the same guy who complained about Obama spying on his campaign, but tries to get foreign powers to investigate Biden. Anyone who thinks this guy is going to turn over power peacefully in January, is deluded.

Last edited:
Reactions: bukka

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who thinks this guy is going to turn over power peacefully in January, is deluded.

He'll be pretty desperate, but his options are limited. The Joint Chiefs of Staff are not inclined to do a coup for him, and without that, he's pretty much doomed to fail any forcible takeover.

He can cause all sorts of trouble, like the "little green men" attacking protestors in cities, but it appears that it's just hardening the opinions of the majority of Americans who want him gone.

Reactions: bukka and aspen

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bottomline= no little men can srand against the man God is for and win!!! Trump wins Nov 3 in landslide!!!

Reactions: Stan B

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bottomline= no little men can srand against the man God is for and win!!! Trump wins Nov 3 in landslide!!!
You still haven't caught on to the fact that Trump is a con-man? Well, enough other Americans have caught on, and they won't be voting for him in November. We can't take another four years of this misery.

Reactions: bukka and aspen

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could go on, but I think I've put down enough illustrative of Trump's lack of acceptance of any checks on his power.

No POTUS has ever operated without ANY checks on his power. This is a colossal exaggeration. But I have heard this charge against a POTUS before. This article explains:

Top 10 Ways Obama Violated the Constitution during His Presidency
The Obama administration has been the most lawless in U.S. history. I don’t mean that in the Nixonian sense of personal corruption, whereby the president is personally above the law, although the idea that Barack Obama’s tenure has been ethically pure is laughable.​

No, my accusation rests on the 44th president’s seeing himself as professionally above the law, ignoring the executive branch’s legal limits and disrespecting constitutional bounds like federalism and the separation of powers.​

But don’t just take it from me. Liberal law professor Garrett Epps (a professional acquaintance) admits that “even for those like me who admire Barack Obama, the constitutional record is disturbingly mixed. Obama leaves the Constitution weaker than at the beginning of his terms.” Epps labels Obama’s posture to be one of “aggressive compliance,” torturing statutory language as far as it can go in order to avoid constitutional claims.​

Trump doesn't respect Congressional oversight not responding to subpoenas directed to his office asking for information needed by Congress to fulfill its duties. Trump has also instructed the Executive Department not to respond to subpoenas.

Haven't you heard? Presidents don't always respond to Congressional subpoenas.

Congressional Subpoena Power and Executive Privilege: The Coming Showdown Between the Branches
The most recent example is President Obama’s assertion of executive privilege in the context of “Operation Fast and Furious”—a federal gun-running investigation and operation gone wrong. On March 31, 2011, the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, then chaired by Republican Rep. Darrell Issa, issued a subpoena to the Department of Justice’s Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. The Justice Department responded in writing to the committee a few months later. After more back-and-forth, on Oct. 12, the committee issued a second subpoena to the department for communications from several top officials, including Attorney General Eric Holder, relating to the operation. The subpoena covered communications from Holder’s chief of staff and the head of the department’s criminal division. It also requested information regarding relevant departmental communications with the White House and details about the death of a U.S. Border Patrol agent that spurred investigation of the operation.​

In June of 2012, Obama invoked executive privilege to deny the committee access to certain documents responsive to the subpoena on the basis that complying “would raise substantial separation of powers concerns and potentially create an imbalance in the relationship” between Congress and the White House. The House voted on June 28, 2012, to hold Holder in contempt—the first such action against a sitting Cabinet official. The committee then brought a complaint in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia to force disclosure of the documents at issue. The court case was repeatedly delayed by procedural issues and unsuccessful efforts to broker a settlement.

It wasn’t until January of 2016—a full three and a half years later—that a federal judge rejected Obama's assertion of executive privilege to deny Congress access to the records on the grounds that “under the unique and limited circumstances of this case, ... the qualified privilege must yield, given the executive’s acknowledgment of the legitimacy of the investigation, and the fact that the Department itself has already publicly revealed the sum and substance of the very material it is now seeking to withhold.” The court also found that “records reflecting the agency’s internal deliberations over how to respond to Congressional and media inquiries fall under the protection of the deliberative process privilege.” Finally, the court “encourage[d] the parties to start with a fresh slate and resolve the few remaining issues with flexibility and respect.”​

By then, a new Congress had convened and access to the documents was, for most practical purposes, moot....
There is also the national security issue in that the Congress is unable to learn Trump's financial connections to foreign banks, leaders and governments. Hence the Congress is unable to determine whether Trump is truly independent of foreign powers and connections, and may be beholden to others and serving others not to the national interest.

I agree that it can be a huge problem when POTUS has ties to foreign interests, esp. if those ties are with America's most powerful enemy.

Biden’s Alleged Financial Ties To U.S. Enemy China Overshadow His 2020 Bid

Trump doesn't respect the non-partisan nature of government in his quest for power. He has demanded the Executive Branch department personnel to have a prior loyalty to him over that of the country. The most notorious example of this is Attorney General Barr, who functions as Trump's personal attorney and not as the Attorney General for the whole country.

Nonpartisan??? Do you believe that nonpartisan politics still exists (if it ever did)?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well the difference between Obama and Trump staying in power is that Obama followers wouldn't tolerate him trying to remain in power
Some people think that Trump is "anointed," but there were people who looked at Obama as their "Messiah." It was sad. I feel sorry for anyone who puts that kind of trust in ANY man (other than Jesus Christ, who is God).

Reactions: Rita and Yehren

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still haven't caught on to the fact that Trump is a con-man? Well, enough other Americans have caught on, and they won't be voting for him in November. We can't take another four years of this misery.

ROFL!!! Dream on until Nov 4 ====Americans will not vote for a old senile coot who is under the control of far left liberals.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ROFL!!! Dream on until Nov 4 ====Americans will not vote for a old senile coot

In 2016, they elected one as president. But they seem unwilling to give him a second term.

One of the reasons Biden is so far ahead of Trump at this point, is that Americans want someone who still can think rationally.

Reactions: Giuliano

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No POTUS has ever operated without ANY checks on his power. This is a colossal exaggeration. But I have heard this charge against a POTUS before.
. . .

I didn't say that, Prayer Warrior. I said that President Trump doesn't accept any checks on his power. Unlike all of the Presidents before him, Trump doesn't accept the checks and balances that are in our system of government. What I've already posted is illustrative of that.

Prior Presidents have not always immediately responded to Congressional subpoenas, I agree, but they've all dealt with them, negotiating, at times, with the Congress as to the conditions as to how they would comply with the subpoenas. Trump is unique in that he has instructed the entire Executive Branch to disregard subpoenas, undermining the Congressional right of oversight.

I agree that it can be a huge problem when POTUS has ties to foreign interests, esp. if those ties are with America's most powerful enemy.
. . .

Then we are in agreement on this. It would then be desirable to see Trump's tax information as well as the Mueller Investigation documents that are still being withheld from the public and Congress.

Nonpartisan??? Do you believe that nonpartisan politics still exists (if it ever did)?

I remember when I was young, seeing much of Congress engaging in nonpartisan politics, where the Democrats and Republicans regularly passed legislation, hundreds of bills, in the course of a year. There was partisan conflict concerning certain bills, but even on those, many times, deals were made and legislation passed. This is what John McCain called "regular order". At that time, government was practical and sought the pragmatic solution to the nation's problems, and so they did.

This all ended in the Newt Gingrich era, where Gingrich, leading the Republicans, decided to shut down the government as much as possible. The ruling ideology of the time with the Republicans felt that a paralyzed government was preferable to a perceived powerful central government in Washington D.C. The unfortunate effect of this was to prevent any constructive work of government being done. Now few bills are passed because the ideologies of the parties do not permit compromise. For representative governments to work, there must be compromise.

I believe in the earlier nonpartisan politics. I want things to be done and national problems to be solved.

Reactions: Giuliano and Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." Matt 5:43-45

Reactions: Giuliano

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people think that Trump is "anointed," but there were people who looked at Obama as their "Messiah." It was sad. I feel sorry for anyone who puts that kind of trust in ANY man (other than Jesus Christ, who is God).

true. but stupid is....

Reactions: bukka

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No POTUS has ever operated without ANY checks on his power. This is a colossal exaggeration. But I have heard this charge against a POTUS before. This article explains:

Top 10 Ways Obama Violated the Constitution during His Presidency
The Obama administration has been the most lawless in U.S. history. I don’t mean that in the Nixonian sense of personal corruption, whereby the president is personally above the law, although the idea that Barack Obama’s tenure has been ethically pure is laughable.​

No, my accusation rests on the 44th president’s seeing himself as professionally above the law, ignoring the executive branch’s legal limits and disrespecting constitutional bounds like federalism and the separation of powers.​

But don’t just take it from me. Liberal law professor Garrett Epps (a professional acquaintance) admits that “even for those like me who admire Barack Obama, the constitutional record is disturbingly mixed. Obama leaves the Constitution weaker than at the beginning of his terms.” Epps labels Obama’s posture to be one of “aggressive compliance,” torturing statutory language as far as it can go in order to avoid constitutional claims.​

Congressional Subpoena Power and Executive Privilege: The Coming Showdown Between the Branches
The most recent example is President Obama’s assertion of executive privilege in the context of “Operation Fast and Furious”—a federal gun-running investigation and operation gone wrong. On March 31, 2011, the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, then chaired by Republican Rep. Darrell Issa, issued a subpoena to the Department of Justice’s Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. The Justice Department responded in writing to the committee a few months later. After more back-and-forth, on Oct. 12, the committee issued a second subpoena to the department for communications from several top officials, including Attorney General Eric Holder, relating to the operation. The subpoena covered communications from Holder’s chief of staff and the head of the department’s criminal division. It also requested information regarding relevant departmental communications with the White House and details about the death of a U.S. Border Patrol agent that spurred investigation of the operation.​

In June of 2012, Obama invoked executive privilege to deny the committee access to certain documents responsive to the subpoena on the basis that complying “would raise substantial separation of powers concerns and potentially create an imbalance in the relationship” between Congress and the White House. The House voted on June 28, 2012, to hold Holder in contempt—the first such action against a sitting Cabinet official. The committee then brought a complaint in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia to force disclosure of the documents at issue. The court case was repeatedly delayed by procedural issues and unsuccessful efforts to broker a settlement.

It wasn’t until January of 2016—a full three and a half years later—that a federal judge rejected Obama's assertion of executive privilege to deny Congress access to the records on the grounds that “under the unique and limited circumstances of this case, ... the qualified privilege must yield, given the executive’s acknowledgment of the legitimacy of the investigation, and the fact that the Department itself has already publicly revealed the sum and substance of the very material it is now seeking to withhold.” The court also found that “records reflecting the agency’s internal deliberations over how to respond to Congressional and media inquiries fall under the protection of the deliberative process privilege.” Finally, the court “encourage[d] the parties to start with a fresh slate and resolve the few remaining issues with flexibility and respect.”​

By then, a new Congress had convened and access to the documents was, for most practical purposes, moot....

Biden’s Alleged Financial Ties To U.S. Enemy China Overshadow His 2020 Bid

what does Obama have to do with Trump?