God has no Favourites

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God doesn't have to explain.
But He did.

Numbers 25
1 And Israel abode in Shittim, and the people began to commit whoredom with the daughters of Moab.
2 And they called the people unto the sacrifices of their gods: and the people did eat, and bowed down to their gods.
3 And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel.

Sin.

Committed by the semites of Israel.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But He did.

Numbers 25
1 And Israel abode in Shittim, and the people began to commit whoredom with the daughters of Moab.
2 And they called the people unto the sacrifices of their gods: and the people did eat, and bowed down to their gods.
3 And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel.

Sin.

Committed by the semites of Israel.
God doesn't have to explain anything to you or me and He doesn't have to ask our permission. Jesus is the God of Israel and Christians, not the Israel wannabees. That's what matters to me.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God doesn't have to explain anything to you or me and He doesn't have to ask our permission. Jesus is the God of Israel and Christians, not the Israel wannabees. That's what matters to me.
But He did. Can you read?

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Show us some Scripture where God has to explain anything? He doesn't.
God explained His reason in Numbers 25:1-3 so that we can read, understand, and learn.

Can you read, understand, and learn?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God explained His reason in Numbers 25:1-3 so that we can read, understand, and learn.

Can you read, understand, and learn?
"Show us some Scripture where God has to explain anything?"

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You sure struggle with English!

Show us some Scripture where God has to explain anything?
You sure struggle with Scripture.

Obviously, reading, understanding, and learning exceeds your capabilities.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you can't give Scripture telling us that God has to explain anything? lol

He doesn't!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've given you Numbers 25:1-3 in God's Word.

But God's Word isn't good enough for you.
God explains because He CHOSE to, not because Israel hating wannabees demanded Him to. He doesn't ask anyone's permission, especially, JEALOUS, Israel hating, identity thieving wannabees.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God explains because He CHOSE to, not because you demanded Him to. He doesn't ask anyone's permission, especially, JEALOUS, Israel hating, identity thieving wannabees.
He CHOSE to so that we will read, understand, and learn.

Can you do that?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

As Isaiah 29:9-12 says: people who choose to believe false doctrines, will be given a
spirit of stupor and be made incapable of understanding the truths.

We should feel sorry for them, but who push their wrong beliefs, arrogantly accusing others of error, will have to take the consequences at the Judgment.
Israel hating, identity thieving wannabees.
IDENTITY THEFT: Stealing God’s Gift of a Name:
The identity under consideration is the title of “Israel.”

When this name first used, it was bestowed on Jacob by God at Peniel, after he had wrestled with Him through the night and it was given to designate the patriarch’s new spiritual status: in God’s own words, “Thy name shall be no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince you have power with God and with men, and have prevailed.”

This name is utterly unique! God, wanting to purify and equip His patriarch of the future Covenant people, Himself wrestles with Jacob, giving him strength to continue and even prevail, in his desire for the blessing. Jacob’s own strength was unequal to the task, and crippled in the struggle, he received strength from God: as with the names He gives, it is; what the name implies.
It should be clear that this is not a name to be bestowed by men, as God has created and reserved it for His own special use. It should also be clear He retains the right to strip the name from whom He will, and for people to use this name when it is not of right, is stealing from the Almighty God!

Moses Prophesied:
I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put My words in His mouth; and He shall speak unto them all that I shall command Him.
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto My words which He shall speak in My name, I will call that person to account.
Deuteronomy 18:18-19
This is a warning to heed the words of those appointed to the prophetic office, and in particular of Him who is the culmination and fulfilment of that office, Jesus of Nazareth.

Consider the destruction and exile that was brought on those, who with wicked hearts refused to “hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all His commandments… Deuteronomy 28:15

That promised destruction is shown in: “I will call them to account… to ancient Israel and the Jewish nation after Messiah appeared among them.
Peter, in quoting from this passage as he spoke to the people of Judah; “And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that Prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. Acts 3:22-23

We have seen it specifically taken away from those of the House of Judah who, in the time of Christ and the apostles, refused to “hear that Prophet,” who rejected and killed Him. Jesus said: those born into the Kingdom [of Israel] will be thrown out and many from around the world will come and sit with the Patriarchs in the Kingdom of heaven. Matthew 8:11-12

God divided the nation, those who were His, and those who were not, even as aged Simeon prophesied over the infant Jesus in the temple.....many in Israel will stand or fall because of Him.....Luke 2:34, Isaiah 8:14-15

From this point on, many people of Israel gathered around their King, Messiah Jesus. Those who did not were “cut off” from the people by the conquest of Judea by the Romans. The Christians were able to escape to Pella.

Jesus Himself foretold this when He announced to the chief priests and elders of Israel, “The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. Matthew 21:43 Immediately prior to that statement He told them the same thing in the parable of the vineyard, there holding up a mirror to their motives and actions. Some of the priests, and a few Pharisees, did turn to Him.

The “identity theft” by a people of a mixture of ethnicities, whose only commonality was their religion of Judaism, was and is now, amazingly supported by some in the Community of faithful Christians, God’s authentic “holy nation”.
1 Peter 2:9-10, Revelation 5:10.

Many Christians promote the Jewish state as God’s Israel, His chosen people, despite their blatant apostasy, atheism, LGBT approval and their continuing rejection of Jesus and they insist on it, overlooking – or avoiding –God’s decree on the matter.

The reason they do this is because an immutable tenet of the ‘rapture to heaven of the Church’ doctrine, is the Jews remaining on earth, under Tribulation, while they sit in heaven. All of which is utterly false teaching, that will never happen.

It is every faithful, born again Christian, all who follow the Way of Christ, Galatians 6:14-16 and are the Overcomers for Him, the Victorious ones over Satan, as seen in each of the seven Church’s of Revelation; who are the true Israel of God.

Reactions: covenantee

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Isaiah 29:9-12 says: people who choose to believe false doctrines, will be given a
spirit of stupor and be made incapable of understanding the truths.

We should feel sorry for them, but who push their wrong beliefs, arrogantly accusing others of error, will have to take the consequences at the Judgment.

IDENTITY THEFT: Stealing God’s Gift of a Name:
The identity under consideration is the title of “Israel.”

When this name first used, it was bestowed on Jacob by God at Peniel, after he had wrestled with Him through the night and it was given to designate the patriarch’s new spiritual status: in God’s own words, “Thy name shall be no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince you have power with God and with men, and have prevailed.”

This name is utterly unique! God, wanting to purify and equip His patriarch of the future Covenant people, Himself wrestles with Jacob, giving him strength to continue and even prevail, in his desire for the blessing. Jacob’s own strength was unequal to the task, and crippled in the struggle, he received strength from God: as with the names He gives, it is; what the name implies.
It should be clear that this is not a name to be bestowed by men, as God has created and reserved it for His own special use. It should also be clear He retains the right to strip the name from whom He will, and for people to use this name when it is not of right, is stealing from the Almighty God!

Moses Prophesied:
I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put My words in His mouth; and He shall speak unto them all that I shall command Him.
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto My words which He shall speak in My name, I will call that person to account.
Deuteronomy 18:18-19
This is a warning to heed the words of those appointed to the prophetic office, and in particular of Him who is the culmination and fulfilment of that office, Jesus of Nazareth.

Consider the destruction and exile that was brought on those, who with wicked hearts refused to “hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all His commandments… Deuteronomy 28:15

That promised destruction is shown in: “I will call them to account… to ancient Israel and the Jewish nation after Messiah appeared among them.
Peter, in quoting from this passage as he spoke to the people of Judah; “And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that Prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. Acts 3:22-23

We have seen it specifically taken away from those of the House of Judah who, in the time of Christ and the apostles, refused to “hear that Prophet,” who rejected and killed Him. Jesus said: those born into the Kingdom [of Israel] will be thrown out and many from around the world will come and sit with the Patriarchs in the Kingdom of heaven. Matthew 8:11-12

God divided the nation, those who were His, and those who were not, even as aged Simeon prophesied over the infant Jesus in the temple.....many in Israel will stand or fall because of Him.....Luke 2:34, Isaiah 8:14-15

From this point on, many people of Israel gathered around their King, Messiah Jesus. Those who did not were “cut off” from the people by the conquest of Judea by the Romans. The Christians were able to escape to Pella.

Jesus Himself foretold this when He announced to the chief priests and elders of Israel, “The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. Matthew 21:43 Immediately prior to that statement He told them the same thing in the parable of the vineyard, there holding up a mirror to their motives and actions. Some of the priests, and a few Pharisees, did turn to Him.

The “identity theft” by a people of a mixture of ethnicities, whose only commonality was their religion of Judaism, was and is now, amazingly supported by some in the Community of faithful Christians, God’s authentic “holy nation”.
1 Peter 2:9-10, Revelation 5:10.

Many Christians promote the Jewish state as God’s Israel, His chosen people, despite their blatant apostasy, atheism, LGBT approval and their continuing rejection of Jesus and they insist on it, overlooking – or avoiding –God’s decree on the matter.

The reason they do this is because an immutable tenet of the ‘rapture to heaven of the Church’ doctrine, is the Jews remaining on earth, under Tribulation, while they sit in heaven. All of which is utterly false teaching, that will never happen.

It is every faithful, born again Christian, all who follow the Way of Christ, Galatians 6:14-16 and are the Overcomers for Him, the Victorious ones over Satan, as seen in each of the seven Church’s of Revelation; who are the true Israel of God.
You're Israel only in your imagination! Get a map!