God incarnate ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
I would like to thank you for your kind words,I believe Jesus was who he said he was, THE SON OF GOD ,,my personal lord and saviour,the Messiah.

Jesus cannot be your Lord and Saviour unless he is God. Otherwise he doesn't have the power. I would be bypassing Jesus and head straight to the top if that was the case.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Pelaides,

All of the original Christians knew the difference between God and Jesus.

No-one is suggesting that the manifestation of God in flesh, does not distinguish the Son from the Father, but you need to study all the different names by which He revealed Himself to the world, even before the Saviour was born. You'll be blessed! :)

Nathantaurus90

Aug 10, 2012
Hove, England
Jesus says many times in the scriptures that he is not doing the will of his own, but the will of his Father.
He also says that the Father is GREATER than him;

John 8:28:
''So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am [the one I claim to be] and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.''

John 14:28:
''You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.New Living Translation (©2007)''

John 7:33 Jesus said, "I am with you for only a short time, and then I go to the one who sent me.

How could Jesus possibly be God? If Jesus was God, who would he be returning to?
Himself?

When Stephen had a vision, He saw Jehovah almighty God AND JESUS!

Acts 7:56:
''Look," he said, "I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."

So Jesus is not God, as he stands BESIDE Jehovah.

Plus, John 1:8 states: ''No one has ever seen God. God's only Son (Jesus), the one who is closest to the Father's heart, has made him known.''

So this scripture wouldn't make sense if Jesus was God, as many saw, spoke and witnessed Jesus's miracles/healings etc.
So Jesus has been seen, but not almighty God, Jah.

Exodus 33:20:
But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

John 7:15-16:
The Jews were amazed and asked, "How did this man get such learning without having studied?"

So Jesus told them, "My message is not my own; it comes from God who sent me.

Jesus Christ's message was not his own, it came from ALMIGHTY GOD who sent him.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Jesus cannot be your Lord and Saviour unless he is God. Otherwise he doesn't have the power. I would be bypassing Jesus and head straight to the top if that was the case.
You are to sinfull in your present state to commune with God.but with the blood of Jesus you can attain life everlasting this is Gods promise to mankind.Jesus is the intermidiator between us and God.

Hi Pelaides,

No-one is suggesting that the manifestation of God in flesh, does not distinguish the Son from the Father, but you need to study all the different names by which He revealed Himself to the world, even before the Saviour was born. You'll be blessed! :) And may God bless you also my friend,maybe will see each other in heaven,even though we have different views.

Jesus says many times in the scriptures that he is not doing the will of his own, but the will of his Father.
He also says that the Father is GREATER than him;

John 8:28:
''So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am [the one I claim to be] and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.''

John 14:28:
''You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.New Living Translation (©2007)''

John 7:33 Jesus said, "I am with you for only a short time, and then I go to the one who sent me.

How could Jesus possibly be God? If Jesus was God, who would he be returning to?
Himself?

When Stephen had a vision, He saw Jehovah almighty God AND JESUS!

Acts 7:56:
''Look," he said, "I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."

So Jesus is not God, as he stands BESIDE Jehovah.

Plus, John 1:8 states: ''No one has ever seen God. God's only Son (Jesus), the one who is closest to the Father's heart, has made him known.''

So this scripture wouldn't make sense if Jesus was God, as many saw, spoke and witnessed Jesus's miracles/healings etc.
So Jesus has been seen, but not almighty God, Jah.

Exodus 33:20:
But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

John 7:15-16:
The Jews were amazed and asked, "How did this man get such learning without having studied?"

So Jesus told them, "My message is not my own; it comes from God who sent me.

Jesus Christ's message was not his own, it came from ALMIGHTY GOD who sent him.
I am in agreement with what you say.it seems we are reading the same bible.

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
so where exactly is the problem except in the one with the problem and Matt.23:24 - it seems all will easily accept that a human can be both a father and son at one and the same time and that both a human father and son can be and are equally human without any demarcation as to greater or less or equal except in an imagined seniority - btw in a human father and son relationship as humanity if the son was killed it does not follow that humanity was killed off also even though the father and son are one as human but yet seperate humans - winc

JacobH

Sep 5, 2012
Oklahoma
You are to sinfull in your present state to commune with God.but with the blood of Jesus you can attain life everlasting this is Gods promise to mankind.Jesus is the intermidiator between us and God.

If he isn't God, his blood is merely human blood. You don't believe that Paul's blood can cover your sins, do you?

Reactions: Angelina

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
I understand much has been lost with each translation.But here is what the Archangel Gabriel had to say about Jesus..Luke 1:31,32" And behold,thou shalt conceive in thy womb,and bring forth a son,and shalt call his name Jesus.He shall be great and called the son of the highest:and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David." The angel never says Jesus is God. The Angel would know if Jesus was God.

actually the angel does indeed say that Jesus was God here and also elsewhere but you it seems are unable to see or accept this is so - the son of the highest is God from God,true God from true God and of one being with the highest - winc

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
If he isn't God, his blood is merely human blood. You don't believe that Paul's blood can cover your sins, do you?
It was prophesied that Jesus the Christ was the lamb of God to take away the sins of those who believe in him.When they built an alter to Paul and started worshipping him as a God he tore his shirt off and told them to stop.

actually the angel does indeed say that Jesus was God here and also elsewhere but you it seems are unable to see or accept this is so - the son of the highest is God from God,true God from true God and of one being with the highest - winc
Hello w
hello winc I think i remember you from another website,My belief is that Jesus was half man half God,Some denominations claim he is fully God,Something which i dont understand after studying the Gospels.When the Angel says his name shall be emmanuel (God is with us),It could be refering to the fact Jesus was concieved by the Spirit of God.Jesus himself never says he is God,He always calls God the father..

In one verse he says "Before Abraham I am" this is the only verse i know of in which Jesus hints that he is God.

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
I understand much has been lost with each translation.But here is what the Archangel Gabriel had to say about Jesus..Luke 1:31,32" And behold,thou shalt conceive in thy womb,and bring forth a son,and shalt call his name Jesus.He shall be great and called the son of the highest:and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David." The angel never says Jesus is God. The Angel would know if Jesus was God.

the Angel does say and know that Jesus is God,it is you who do not - the Angel knows that son of the highest means God from God,true God from true God,of one being with His Father etc - winc

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
winc

was God ever incarnate before He was made flesh and dwelt among us ?

You seem to refer to man made stories pertaining to the anointed servant of God.

The scriptures is clear on this matter:

2Sa 7:12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

Compare with this:

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 13:23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Groundzero

Never mentioned in Scripture about God being manifest in flesh, so I'd stick with the premise that he didn't. He did however assume the form of angels several times if my memory serves me correct.

I don't think so.

Consider this:

Exo 23:20 Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.
Exo 23:21 Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.

Groundzero

Jesus Christ was God manifest in the flesh, but he wasn't walking earth before he was born!?

You mean this "God manifest in flesh":

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

winc

here then is a bit of studying up that it seems you have missed - thou canst not see my face; for man shall not see me and live[Ex.33;20] - Jn.5;37 & 6;46 - Moses and others saw Him face to face

The confusion steams from mixing up God (who fills heaven and earth) with angels acting upon His behalves.

Unfortunately the same word has been often used in both cases.

veteran

But Christ did visit the OT patriarchs on earth (Genesis 18).

Could you, please highlight this part for me?

Pelaides

I said Jesus was the son of God and not God on another forum debate,and the catholic moderator suspended me.

Only suspended you?

They used to roast even their own theologians like Jan Hus for such heresy.

veteran

Jesus is 'God with us', for that's what His Title of "Immanuel" means (see Matt.1:23 also; see John 1 also).

If Jesus is not God come in the flesh as Messiah, then He would never been able to save us, for only GOD can offer Eternal Life. The Father did that through His Son Jesus Christ.

Can you show it written?

Would you say that texts like Isa 53:3+6+11, 2Cor 5:18 are false?

Pelaides

He seems to have been half God and Half man.

Where you have this from?

winc

Jesus Christ was fully God and fully perfect man...

Could you, please point me to the text/s stating this?

veteran

Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

Consider who is speaking to whom.

Consider this:

Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
Joh 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

The Jews knew about the Father. They had a problem acknowledging that the prophecy was fulfilled; in flesh, the way it was foretold.

If Jesus of Nazareth is not God, then how could He be The Christ (Messiah)?

The anointed.

The Divine Nature of The Christ was defined first in Old Testament Scripture, so the unbelieving Jews especially have no excuse.

Can you show a text stating that the anointed of God is going to be God?

Matt 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

The Son of God not God the Son.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but My Father Which is in heaven.(KJV)

One wonders why "God" Jesus didn't reveal it to Simon.

The Father through His prophet in Isaiah 7 declared The Child's Name coming through a virgin would be called "Immanuel". Matthew 1:23 defines that Name to mean "God with us". Anytime... we say Jesus 'Christ', we are saying God come in the flesh as Jesus of Nazareth, God among us.

What you say about Isa 8:8?

What you say about texts like this one?

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Or this one?

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

So those who deny God came in the flesh as Jesus Christ CANNOT assign 'The Christ' title to Jesus of Nazareth.

Misleading conclusion.

...Satan's servants...

Who is Satan?

...those who do not believe Jesus of Nazareth is God come in the flesh...

Too much talking without a supporting text.

..God with us,..

Consider this:

Joh 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men...

dragonfly

But He was already God. John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word...

We have to set our selves in the circumstances and time of John’s gospel.

1. The NT doesn’t exist.
2. The Catholic dirty dancing is far away.
3. None of the prophets mentioned that there were thee Gods or that God is a cluster of three Gods.
4. Man knows about God, His power and His acts from His word. There was nothing else besides of His word.
5. Man knows that a word proceeds from God’s mouth Isa 55:11 and does what He sends it to accomplish.
6. Man knows that God spoke/commanded/breathed and the heavens (and the earth) were made Ps 33:6-9.
7. In 2Sam 7:12 David is promised that after his death God will set up his seed which will (not Solomon because he was anointed a king during David’s life) proceed from his bowels, God will be his father (or the Father) and he will be his son (or the Son), he will build a house for God’s name and God will establish his kingdom for ever (not Solomon because Solomon died circa 1000 years ago).
8. God will give a sign Isa 7:14.
9. God will teach him to fear and obey Him Isa 11:1-3.
10. God will call him a servant and will put the world’s sins upon him Isa 53.
11. God will set His servant up as one shepherd, make him a prince over His people while He will be God over them all Eze 34:23-24.
12. His servant will come from Bethlehem Ephratah Mic 5:2

We can continue adding texts clearly pointing and clarifying who His servant will be and what he will accomplish.

Let’s summarise:

After David’s death God will raise a servant from David’s own seed, teach him to know, fear and obey Him, place world’s sins upon him and make him a prince over His people while He Himself will be their God.

After the servant accomplished all according to God’s foretold plan and His specific instructions John recalls:

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word (John didn’t know any other word but the word of God of Isa 55:11), and the Word was with (pros - about, according to, because of, in, for intent, of, which pertain to, with {-in}) God, and the Word was God (since the word “God” comes from the word-root power/strength so the word or logos of Jn 1:1 was God because of Isa 55:11, Ps 34:6-9).

We further observe use of God’s word in De 9:5, 1Sam 9:27, 1Ki 8:20+26, 1Ki 13:1+5, 2Cr 6:10, 2Ch 10:15, 2Ch 6:10 and so on.

So we are told in verse 1 that the word which proceeds from God’s mouth was all about God and was God.

Now we come to the pro-noun “houtos” or “he” in verse 2:

Joh 1:2 The same (houtos) was in the beginning with God.

The pro-noun is, no doubt, for the noun or God of Verse 1.

However, nothing in this verse or anywhere else in the OT gives any indication that it is for the word “logos” which denotes Jesus.

But we note that the text of Jn 1:2 doesn’t seem to make sense; that “he” (God) was with God.

The problem lies in the Trinitarian favoured but unwarranted choice of the words “in”, “the beginning” and “with” out of the multiple meaning words “en, “arche” and “pros”.

In – en – instrumentality: about, altogether, (here-) by (+ all means), (here-) in, mightily, (because) of, one, that, through (-out), where (-with).

The beginning - archē - a commencement, or (concrete) chief (in various applications of order, time, place or rank): - power, principality.

With – pros - the destination of the relation, about, which pertain to, to ([you]) –ward.

God – theos - the supreme Divinity.

So verse 2 could read:

[YELLOW]He was the power/principality which pertains to the supreme Divinity.[/YELLOW]

Let’s look at verse 3 now:

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him. Without him was not anything made that has been made.

Bravo.

He made all things. See Ps 33:6-9.

Nothing was made besides Him making it.

Le’s consider the NT now.

John, the one who wrote Jn 1:-3 continues stating in Jn 4:23, 6:44-45+65, 12:47-50, 14:6+10, 17:3, 20:17 and many more that the Father is the only true God. He never makes any contradicting indication.

Neither in the OT no in the NT we are told that God is Trinity or that there are three Gods. It would contradict hundreds of proof texts stating beyond reproach that the Father is the only one true God.

Therefore, inferring the Trinitarian theology into Jn 1:1-3 is an absolute madness, especially knowing that the “homoousios and homoiousios”, the original Catholic theology created in 325 suggesting that the Son and the Father are of the same matter; the theology which was declared by unbiblical in 357 but had to be made politically correct in 381.

And one more think. Let’s substitute Jesus for logos in Jn 1:1.

In the beginning was Jesus…

Well, there was neither the Father no the Holy Spirit in the beginning. It doesn’t correspond with the beginning of Gen 1:1-2.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
jerzy, the answers to your questions were already given in the Scriptures I was quoting from. If you would rather heed the fables of Judaism instead, that's your choice.

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
jerzy, the answers to your questions were already given in the Scriptures I was quoting from. If you would rather heed the fables of Judaism instead, that's your choice.

Can you post a proof text in support of your claim?

I quote from the Bile alone. Do you consider the Bible "fables of Judaism"?

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi jerzy,

Can you post a proof text in support of your claim?

In case you hadn't understood this from your conversation so far, what is being requested is that your posts indicate your relationship with the Lord, rather than that you (seem to) want to play ping-pong with scripture verses - which can be done with either no understanding whatever, minimal understanding, or, completely incorrect understanding, as well as Holy Spirit-illuminated understanding.

People come here for fellowship in the Holy Spirit, and to grow the way Paul described in Eph 4:16. Want to join in?

Hi veteran,

I may not be posting much, but I'm paying attention. Thanks for your thought-provoking comments.

Blessings.

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
Hi jerzy,

In case you hadn't understood this from your conversation so far, what is being requested is that your posts indicate your relationship with the Lord, rather than that you (seem to) want to play ping-pong with scripture verses - which can be done with either no understanding whatever, minimal understanding, or, completely incorrect understanding, as well as Holy Spirit-illuminated understanding.

People come here for fellowship in the Holy Spirit, and to grow the way Paul described in Eph 4:16. Want to join in?

One has to be a Christ’s follower before claiming a relationship with him. One has to be not of this “world”.

Many call themselves Christians and make many claims but clearly are not his followers, not of his “world”. Their barbaric fruits are clear evidence of this. Rejection of his word substituted by man made stories about it certainly serves as a confirmation.