God is faithful

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
ROM 3:4
I had a hard time thinking what is God faithful to? Forgiveness when people call and repent He answers even hopeless cases.

Some say God forgives when you come to faith and never lets go. But this is slavery to man's hopes, not faithfulness to God's principles.

Paul uses couplets, disown, disown but faithless is still God remains faithful to those that walk.

Some imagine salvation is life without end, but a sinner living without end would be hell. It is ironic, salvation without change is God's gift, death for eternity.

The puzzle for me is blessing of believers who are not elect.
But God is faithful irrespective of the outcome. Judas could have repented, but He did not. God bless you
@FollowHim Lamentations 3.23 is another verse that comes to mind about the theme of God's great faithfulness.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Clearly you have no faith in the people who wrote scripture or the Holy Spirit who inspired it. Can you concede this is your position. I know my foundation, repeating you do not accept it does not make me see a great revelation.
No because my faith is in God is not yours. And no it was not the Holy Spirit that inspired it, just read it with yours eyes open. Where is your salvation, where is your life ?? Our foundation is Christ,

or more to the point,

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Which Rock?? Revelation, only comes from God not books.

Mar_12:10 And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:

I cant give you the answer you want because i would have to stand in opposition to Christ God and His Spirit

Last edited:

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No because my faith is in God is not yours. Where is your salvation, where is your life ?? Our foundation is Christ,

or more to the point,

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mar_12:10 And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:

I cant give you the answer you want because i would have to stand in opposition to Christ God and His Spirit

You have confused two different ideas. When I post this note, is it me or the note you read? Is the note my meaning of a chain of ideas, facts etc.? Does the process mean it is not mine, a false representation of what I am saying?

No it records exactly what I am saying and is the method of communication. Scripture is God's main means of communication. Genesis was largely written by Him, about the time before Moses. The law was dictated by God to Moses. The prophets are God speaking to the people of Israel and what they need to do.

I think what you are attempting to replicate is Jesus's argument about the heart. We need justice, faithfulness and forgiveness there to realise God's purposes, to let love flow, to be children of the living God. This is the reality of God's word alive in us. God bless you

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How does God reveal Himself to us?
Through His word, what He speaks forth, and the Holy Spirit convicting our hearts.

If God says to us repent and we refuse, the word is empty to us and has no power. If God describes wickedness yet we still walk in it, we are lost.

God is faithful to those who call and commit themselves to follow, or else the calling is pointless and changes nothing. God bless you

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No because my faith is in God is not yours. And no it was not the Holy Spirit that inspired it, just read it with yours eyes open. Where is your salvation, where is your life ?? Our foundation is Christ,

or more to the point,

I am sorry when you say scripture is not inspired by the Holy Spirit listen to Jesus

35 If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came--and the Scripture cannot be broken--
36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?
37 Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does.
John 10:35-37

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Tim 3:16-17

As much as you want to say scripture is not our foundation of authority, you are not a believer to hold to this position.
This is a foundational point of belief. Just look up the word scripture, and you will see scripture is the foundation upon which the apostles claim their authority and foundation. And scripture testifies to the Lord and to His Son Jesus Christ.

So I wonder where you think you are going with believers. They will dismiss you as soon as you dismiss the word of God.
God bless you

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am sorry when you say scripture is not inspired by the Holy Spirit listen to Jesus
No I dont and guess what God isnt mad at me or any who know better.

1Co_7:12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

That was not the holy spirit in fact He declared it so. And for the "word"

Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh_5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

even Jesus declared it has no life and you know why ,

Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

because they gave it all to a book, mankind to a book and gave it all the glory that only Christ deserves, some even gave it His name, The word of God.

God doesnt care what "christiany" thinks all He cares about is the truth, but mankind replaced the living Word Jesus Christ with the dead letter, and say it is a good thing, and so we have forums filled with dead men walking. Each creating god in His own image from what he reads, as if mankind created God in mans own image, rather than the other way round.

God bless

Ears to hear eyes to see, if you have none than no matter what is spoken you will never hear

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

or more to the point,

This notion you have is the words in books have no authority or relevance only direct revelation. Imagine I am speaking to my son on the telephone. I use words to communicate the messages. But if I write them down and send them this is no less of a message than the spoken word. Somehow words spoken in the present are taken to mean more than words spoken in the past. But in truth it is the meaning of the words that defines their value and who spoke them.

The emotional story which is actually being spoken here, is words from a book are just repeated ideas which the reader does not believe or know. But words spoken from revelation are true and real. The foolishness of this idea, is words spoken are only true if you know the source and have a proven reliability to their contents. Most direct revelation is an experience without reference and often pure hallucination and self generated. Those claiming an angelic origin, often speak of facts similar to anything anyone could say and have no real context or importance.

If I claim God spoke to me, it sounds like an astounding thing, because the listeners who hold the bible do not believe it is Gods words to them. To them the book is dead, but this spiritual experience is real. But I have both, God speaking to my heart and Gods words, in intricate detail which lays out His intentions and His ways. And boy is this astounding, because in my whole life I will not be able to encompass the details written in Gods word. And it is foolishness to suggest a few words spoken in 5 minutes of revelation can be compared to 2,000 years of revelation and stories of peoples lives and Gods intention and interaction with them and with us today.

But this is what is being suggested. It is why it makes me laugh, because it is the most flimsy idea, like a cardboard cut out of building, claiming to be the real thing. It has value because it suggests there is a reality to be had, but it is not the reality at all.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God is faithful to His word that HE cannot denie the bible since HE never wrote it, He does not have to obey, God doesnt obey mens Idols. There is but one God, I AM.

How many do you serve??

I thought you where done.

When Jesus says "scripture cannot be broken" what do you think He means?

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why is it easy believism followers use flimsy foundations to try and establish their firm ground?
It must be because they have none. Praise the Lord God is faithful to His people, Amen

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly ?? What dont you get..... Hi God, I have this book, if you are not obedient to this book, my god, you are not God,

Idolatry.

God gave us scripture so we could know Him, because the issues and complexities are both hard to see and hard to know their interactions. I had a discussion with an easy believism follower, and the bible they wanted was 1 sheet of A4.
In one sentence it was know Jesus, you are saved.

Now if this is all we needed, God would be visible and we would all be in heaven with Him.
As this is not the case, finding the gate and walking the path is our calling which Jesus describes like this

13 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
15 Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
Matt 7:13-15

If it is difficult to find the gate and to stay on the road, then maybe the bible is there to help through all the complexity and issues that arise. We are a blank sheet when we are born, and upon this sheet we write our lives. But do we let Jesus guide us and we write to His glory or just to our own desires and pleasures?

God bless you

Last edited:

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God is faithful.

One member on a forum tried to bash me, destroy me with argument. He claimed he was being hard on me because I was him many years ago. The problem was I was not remotely him, and I did not come from his legalistic background, so everything miss fired.

He had the notion by lying, winding me up, making me angry he would show what a sinner I truly was. Unfortunately this did not work, and he then tried to use scripture, project words he claimed were mine onto scripture to create his delusion. Again this was just absurd and displayed his own delusions and ability to project his reality on to everyone and simply not listen.

In the end he gave up. And it is because simply I love this guy, and I love Jesus. I want to see people transformed through the gospel and through the power of the Holy Spirit working in their lives. Jesus promises us healing, wholeness, setting the prisoner free, enabling victory and overcoming. And my heart is simply to testify, get you to listen to your own emotional conclusions and bring them to Jesus, and let Him change them. He desires change, He desires we learn to take the fiery darts and turn them into blessings and food for the soul, to uplift that which is good, honourable, loving and kind and live it out for others.

Now imagine this is called the anti-christ, or the enemy of Jesus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God gave us His Son and His Spirit so we could know Him. You presume a lot of things.
Without scripture we would just have creation and it's testimony. Without this testimony so much would be different. Our whole culture for instance.
Through scripture we know how to approach God and His will. It is impossible to separate God from His word as Jesus is the word of God.

God's word made flesh. This is so profound, God's word alive and living, Amen

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God gave us His Son and His Spirit so we could know Him. You presume a lot of things.

You presume a lot of things

I have to laugh. I presume almost nothing. I have a book which throughout our lifetime testifies to Gods promises and His people, which though many have doubted its truth has time and again proven true to not some details but to almost everything.

So all I have to do is have faith in God and what He has provided, enough to find Him and walk in His ways.
God is faithful, to give us enough to walk into eternity based on love.

And there is enough so those who have a hard heart are not discouraged too much to destroy it for everyone else. Now that is quite a feat, to have a world which will reflect all perspectives so each can choose what works for them while the authentic path remains clear for those who listen and follow.

I imagine if you had a world which was just light and darkness with no grey. People would be in the light, stumble and fall irrecoverably into the darkness. This is what the throne room of God is like. When you see everything, darkness is not really an option. In this world everything can play out, depending on ones own convictions, the fruit harvested from what is sown.

Take this conversation about the authenticity and authority of scripture. There is nothing else, the tree of life springing eternal refreshment for the hungry soul.

"Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God"

What kind of soul would call this idolatry? Clearly someone who does not know the author of His word.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God"

Please note. MOUTH OF GOD. As Jesus put it,

Joh_6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
Joh_6:48 I am that bread of life.
Joh_6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

The people laughed at Noah, refused to get into the ark, remember what happened to them.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Without scripture we would just have creation and it's testimony.
Without God we would have nothing, its only men who need the bible, God doesnt, but men became deaf. all God needs is a willing heart, and ears to hear, but so few willing.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Without God we would have nothing, its only men who need the bible, God doesnt, but men became deaf. all God needs is a willing heart, and ears to hear, but so few willing.

A willing heart and ears to hear what?

What is the message and the change required but not from scripture as scripture is not God's word according to you?

If you continue to use scripture you must believe it's represents God's interaction with man. This represents a disconnected logic.......God bless you

God is faithful to His revelation, Amen

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Please note. MOUTH OF GOD. As Jesus put it,

Joh_6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
Joh_6:48 I am that bread of life.
Joh_6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

The people laughed at Noah, refused to get into the ark, remember what happened to them.

You are Noah? Where is your ark and what is the judgement outside of scripture?

Noah lived in a lost world and he was the only righteous man standing. Are you righteous like Noah walking with God? It sounds like you are the sinners railing against the righteous testing God and His just judgement.... God bless you

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is the message and the change required but not from scripture as scripture is not God's word according to you?
God has never changed, but the bible how many versions, do you have ??? You shall have no other Gods before me, of things in heaven or of this earth,

Keep your Idol as God put it,

Isa 48:4 Because I knew that thou art obstinate, and thy neck is an iron sinew, and thy brow brass;
Isa 48:5 I have even from the beginning declared it to thee; before it came to pass I shewed it thee: lest thou shouldest say, Mine idol hath done them, and my graven image, and my molten image, hath commanded them.

So mens idol will keep trying to tell God what to do as will men.